I can't use Atitool or Atitray tools with my X1900XTX

pancito

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
I have an MSI X1900XTX Stock Clock 650/775

AtiTray tools doesn't support overclocking the X1900. if I tell the app to show me a flash of GPU Speed and Memory speed in 3d I still get 500/600 that is the normal speeds for 2d.

AtiTool .25b14 disables the File for 2d/3d mode but i get clock speeds in the 1xx or 2xx mhz. If i click on scan artefacts it gives me that the display is disabled and i can't run artifact scanin. I can not find max core or mem.

What drivers are you running? to use atitool, i currently have 6.5 the newest ati has on its web page. CCC is gone and so is everything else.

Am i really running only 500/600 ALL the time??? 2d and 3d

The only thing that work for me was Ati Overdrive.

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
Drivers only cause problems when new gcards are released, as ATi Tray Tools and ATiTool use the INF files from driver package to allow custom functions like overclocking etc. Only when the new hardware is officially supported by the drivers, can programmers from ATT and ATiTool use those inf files in their app.

In your case, the x1900 has been supported in the drivers from February or so (i might be wrong). So CAT 6.5 will work with an up to date ATT or ATiTool.

Go to guru3d.com and get ATiTrayTools from there, I think in May there was a very updated version of this excellent app. With CAT 6.5 already installed, uninstall all ATiTool and ATT software, and reinstall ATT. I noticed with a driver update, you sometimes have to reinstall ATT.

You're card will run 500/600 in 3d tasks that are non intensive, games like Hitman Blood Money / COD2 / Fear will raise these frequencies. With ATT you will be able to monitor your frequencies, and there you'll see the scaling of frequencies with certain games.

Good Luck