ATX Redundant Power Supply for Asterisk

I am building a Asterisk based PBX. Does anyone know where I can get an
inexpensive redundant power supply for a standard ATX PC chassis? Thanks!

Eric

Most redundant power supplies require a chassis that supports it. A regular
ATX chassis is probably not going to work. That is, the usual cut-out
provided on most ATX chassis won't have the right clearance to allow use of
a redundant power supply. The hole needs to be pretty large. But if yours
has one searching google brings up results:

http://www.google.com/search?q=redundant+power+supply+ATX

A quick check doesn't indicate any of these will work in 'standard ATX'
chassis.

"Eric Brown" <ErickBrown0934@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am building a Asterisk based PBX. Does anyone know where I can get an
> inexpensive redundant power supply for a standard ATX PC chassis? Thanks!

jt

Most redundant power supplies are designed for rackmount chassis.

Take a look at the following redundant power supply installation tutorial.

http://www.rackmount.com/pcwsupport/PowerSupply/RP8450/RP8450%20450%20Watt%20ATX%20Redundant%20Power%20Supply%20Quick%20Installation%20Guide.htm

http://www.rackmount.com/Rackacc/RP8450.htm

You might have to change your PC chassis to a rackmount chassis.

TJ
"Eric Brown" <ErickBrown0934@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am building a Asterisk based PBX. Does anyone know where I can get an
> inexpensive redundant power supply for a standard ATX PC chassis? Thanks!
>
> Eric

Ian

"Eric Brown" <ErickBrown0934@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<EsednSw8Ko-BndLfRVn-uA@britsys.net>...
> I am building a Asterisk based PBX. Does anyone know where I can get an
> inexpensive redundant power supply for a standard ATX PC chassis? Thanks!
>
> Eric

Hi.

I have never had a problem with power supplies failing, As long as you
are using a quality case and power supply. Personally you should be
looking at true server grade cases an power supplies such as Intel
compaq etc.
Remember if you are using redundant power you should use two UPS's.
Have a look on ebay and you should get a quality server for a fraction
of the new cost and it will be more relaible than any PC.

Ian

Eric Brown wrote:

> I am building a Asterisk based PBX. Does anyone know where I can get an
> inexpensive redundant power supply for a standard ATX PC chassis? Thanks!

Your best bet would be to watch ebay for an Intel Cabrillo-C case--new they
were about 1500 bucks but you can find them on ebay for a very reasonable
price these days. That gets you a triple-redundant power supply (assuming
it has all three modules installed) in a purpose-built server case for a
less than you'd pay for dual-redundant alone.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate