ASUS Q-FAN? do you use it?

Do you use Asus Q-Fan?

• Yup, it keeps system noise down.

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • No, it sucks cuz it causes my oc to overheat and has the fan RPM=0 sometimes and freezes.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Asus sucks

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • I wonder what kind of computer the Hong Kong bus uncle has

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters

M_with_one_M

Distinguished
May 6, 2006
Q-fan doesn't give enough control. To few options for fan speed at normal and when it gets hot the speed goes up to 100%.
Speedfan gives more control, but doesn't start up until windows starts, but I still used it.

Two Asus boards crapt out on me so I don't use Asus any more.

Schepsel

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2006
I have disabled Q fan. I'm using a Zalman Fan controller. (The front panel one with the blue leds) And it rocks!

illicitsc

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
does anyone notice a change in temperatures at all? cuz all i get is an unbearable whining when it's at full speed around 5000rpm

dwave

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
I don't use it myself because I don't like it. When I used it the temps on my CPU would rise from 32 idle to ~40 idle.

How old is your fan? Is it just a noisy fan, or do you have a bearing going out?

sailer

Splendid
does anyone notice a change in temperatures at all? cuz all i get is an unbearable whining when it's at full speed around 5000rpm

I got no temperature change, extra noise, and figured why bother. Maybe it was a good idea, but badly executed.

illicitsc

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
My system is about 9 months old, and i had it running with the q-fan turned off for the past 7 months. i think i notice a 7 degree difference when it is turned on. So i've come to the conclusion that q-fan is not for overclockers on stock cooling.

Sonic_Reducer

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
i have assembled a few machines with it but on a few of them i had complaines from the costumers that the computer was to noisy, and after i turned it off it went normal , so i usually by default leave it off

Tattysnuc

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
On my A8V - SE motherboard, it worked a charm. But when I moved to the A8N-32, the temperatures suddenly got too high for me to comfortably use. That and it didn;t allow me to change the target temperature (what so ever!) that Q Fan kicked in at.

The board has been giving me some grief and I think it's faulty, so that's one for me to RMA.....

Shame. Just grabbed a DFI crossfire board on ebay for the poultry sum of £60 so looks like if and when I do get my board fixed, it'll be straight onto ebay!

No more asus for me. Great ideas, but they always seem floored.

Never did like their bios though......