Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How can you trick the HP 10 & 11 after refill ink?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
April 1, 2005 9:08:39 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Hi Everyone,

I just refill my HP 10 ink cartridge "trial size" for my HP Business
Inkjet 1100 series. I am so happy that I did that. I had 30% left ink
cartridge. Any after I refill it I started to print and it says 28%
and lower and lower. How can I trick this printer that it still is
FULL of ink. What I did was put a piece of tap in the black contact
(the cartridge box below) "smart chip" and then I reinsert the
cartridge then it says "Black ink cartridge missing". I did tape
middle of it then left and right and still says the same thing. The
thing is who knows how to trick the printer into thinking there is
more ink left or FULL ink left.

Thanks

Mike C :) 

More about : trick refill ink

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 1, 2005 9:08:40 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

There is no trick to these cartridges. They use "smart" chips, so they
can't be fooled:) 

Try using cartridges with Auto-reset chips, or buy specially designed
cartridges to work with a chip resetter. Here are some examples:

http://www.weink.com/ecom/catalog/easy-fill_cartridges_...
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 1, 2005 11:02:55 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:eHg3e.11338$zl.2834@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>I browsed your site and these are my observations:
>
> Regarding Canon products:
>
> 3. The price you are selling a Canon Print head (i960) is more than the
> printer costs with ink. The cost of the PIXMA print head plus the cost of
> a set of OEM carts is greater than the cost of a new printer.

Nothing unusual there then.....
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 1, 2005 11:05:04 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Ivor Floppy wrote:

>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:eHg3e.11338$zl.2834@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>
>
>>I browsed your site and these are my observations:
>>
>>Regarding Canon products:
>>
>>3. The price you are selling a Canon Print head (i960) is more than the
>>printer costs with ink. The cost of the PIXMA print head plus the cost of
>>a set of OEM carts is greater than the cost of a new printer.
>>
>>
>
>Nothing unusual there then.....
>
>
Right but the amount of this difference is just astounding!

>
>
>
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 2, 2005 12:27:35 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

In message <1112340087.348985.110520@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
WeInk_TechSupport <inksupport@weink.com> writes

>There is no trick to these cartridges. They use "smart" chips, so they
>can't be fooled:) 
>
>Try using cartridges with Auto-reset chips, or buy specially designed
>cartridges to work with a chip resetter. Here are some examples:
>
>http://www.weink.com/ecom/catalog/easy-fill_cartridges_...
>artridge_pack_4140243.htm

Hmm...

Anybody sell home refillable 10 and 11 carts that will work in a CP1700
in the UK ?

At the moment I have the ink but have had little joy refilling original
HP carts.

This aside, the CP1700 is a lovely printer !


Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 2, 2005 4:23:35 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

1. For the purpose of support and warranty, we are to be considered the
manufacturer. You are buying UltraFLO, Chromium, or Endura brand ink
formulations, not no name brands. We use a private co-manufacturer who
sells to the public as well but we are responsible for vetting and
supporting the inks we have made for us.

2. The cartridges sold at $6.99 are our in-house samplers containing
our Light Fast inks (up to 44 year display life) and are sold primarily
for testing purposes before purchase of CRS or Refill Kits, however we
sell many to customers who want quantity of cartridges with superior
light resistance than cheaper generics, in a plug-n-play product. The
CRU brand are sold at $2.49 each (in multipacks for about $1.99 each)
and contain the non-light fast formulabs ink you tout so much, housed
in the same cartridge body as the $6.99 cartridge, besides the
different quality in ink (our inks are made entirely in the US by a US
company, not in Mexico as with Sension inks) there is also the higher
labor costs of making the UltraFLO cartridge in the US. We don't
promote the CRU brand cartridges because we feel that the formulabs
inks are not the optimum ink for use by those in need of professional
quality inkjet prints and the color balance of the ink is not always
correct, probably due to the various cartridge manufacturers using the
inks and not Sension.

3. Well sell print heads primarily to overseas customers, and to
MultiPass owners and they find the prices acceptable. However people
using our UltraFLO for Canon cartridges essentially get 2 heads for the
price of one as the warranty we offer on the heads allows them to
exchange them every six months for a new one, so technically they are
paying about $42.00 for a print head when they use our inks, which is
about $17.00 cheaper than the $59.00 price. We reward customer loyalty
in this regard.

I'm sure you can find similar versions of most of our products elswhere
cheaper elsewhere. People shop with us for consistency, support, and
the variety of options we can offer. Not every one has time to price
shop and they can call us for assistance for determining what works
best for them.

It has been commented by many that speak with me by phone that I am one
of the most knowledgable people regarding all brands of desktop inkjet
printers and they feel more comfortable paying us for products than
other on-line companies who are often cheaper, mainly because they like
that we seem to be experienced in this business and know what we are
doing.

We are probably one of the more expensive places on the web to buy
certain products but we also offer variations of web products that
aren't available "everywhere else" and We do try to take care of our
customers as best we can.

I've read some of your other posts here, measekite, and notice that you
continually attack in your posts. I see posts like yours about us a
couple of times a year, but I have been doing this for 13 years now, so
I expect I will continue to see posts such as this by those like you,
long into the future.

And don't worry...I have no belief whatsoever that you would ever
consider doing business with us, so save typing that in your response
to this post.
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 2, 2005 11:22:52 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I am going to respond to the two purposes only, as the rest of your
response is just ranting.

1. You feel you would get screwed saving only $2.00 a cartridge, how
about $7.00 a cartridge. You get what you pay for. You claim you want
quality, but you demonstrate that quality has absolutely no value to
you. If you want a bigger savings buy the cheaper cartridges. Just
remember the business triangle - Price, Quality, Speed, you can usually
get 2 out of the three but seldom all three, there is no profit in
offering all three. Sorry that you would only save between $30.00 and
$105.00 a year, guess your dollars go farther than everbody else's.

2. If any one went to all the trouble of putting branded compatibles in
the stores (Which Nu-Kote, Kor-rec-type, and Pelikan did for years) the
prices of those cartridges would not be much less than the OEM brands
(which they weren't). Staples and Officemax already offer their own
branded house cartridges (which are the exact same quality as our CRU
brand cartridges) for which they charge $9.76, about what you pay for
the OEM at Costco, and they are of no better quality than the $2.49
cartridges we sell, so do you really think Staples wants to share that
additional $7.00 per cartridge profit with another private label
competitor? Its all about numbers and today's market puts a premium on
convenience. The reason why Lyson hasn't put their Fotonic and Lysonic
cartridges in stores is that the average consumer looks only at the
price of the product and the prices of those to ink types in cartridge
form sell for more than OEM, the same can be said of Dye Sub and
Quad/Hex Black inks. Businesses are going to go where the money is and
the money right now for inkjets is on-line and in specialty stores
where professionals will pay the asking price for a product that meets
their specialized needs, even if it only saves them $2.00 a cartridge.
Mass market products are simply not profitable enough to be able to
sell them cheaply in a brick and mortar environment.

So our UltraFLO BCI-6 cartridges will still sell for $6.99 and the CRU
for $2.49 and maybe in another 13 years WeInk and UltraFLO will be on
your list of Brands you trust. Until then I suppose will just have to
live with being one of your "nonames".

BTW - the rants you make on this newsgroup are basically just FREE
advertising for companies - since you don't actually use the products
yourself and are just ranting about other things - A little negative
publicity like your type is worth thousands of dollars in ordinary
advertising. So keep it up:) 


John Mills
http://www.weink.com/
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 3, 2005 4:11:45 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

WeInk_TechSupport wrote:

>1. For the purpose of support and warranty, we are to be considered the
>manufacturer.
>

A formulator develops all of the characteristics of the ink that they
usually patent. The manufacturer who is many times the formulator
actually creates the product. For purposes of support and warranty you
are neither the developer nor the creator even though you want to take
the responsibility.

>You are buying UltraFLO, Chromium, or Endura brand ink
>formulations, not no name brands.
>

Then who do these manufacturer/formulator sell their products to?

>We use a private co-manufacturer who
>sells to the public as well
>

And who is that? I have been looking very hard for a BRANDED INK
MANUFACTURER who make the stuff and then distributes it using a variety
of marketing channels so the ultimate buyer makes their purchase based
on retailer service, support, and price. And many of these retailers
will offer the customers a variety BRANDED INKS. I can go to Costco and
buy Epson, Canon, and HP branded inks.

>but we are responsible for vetting and
>supporting the inks we have made for us.
>
>2. The cartridges sold at $6.99 are our in-house samplers
>

I just bought CANON BRANDED samplers at Costco for $2.00 more per
cartridge. And I know that the ink is made specifically to maximize the
Canon printer and Canon Photo Paper Pro. I also know that the entity
that stands behind the product is very large and worldwide.

>containing
>our Light Fast inks (up to 44 year display life) and are sold primarily
>for testing purposes before purchase of CRS or Refill Kits, however we
>sell many to customers who want quantity of cartridges with superior
>light resistance than cheaper generics, in a plug-n-play product. The
>CRU brand are sold at $2.49 each (in multipacks for about $1.99 each)
>and contain the non-light fast formulabs ink you tout so much, housed
>in the same cartridge body as the $6.99 cartridge, besides the
>different quality in ink (our inks are made entirely in the US by a US
>company,
>
And if that company is a major manufacturer/formulator company that is
BRANDED, their product must be sold and many different places. And
BRANDED products are usually advertised by the company as well as many
of the resellers. This does not appear to be the case. I a company is
selling a real BRANDED product and you ask them what brand they are
selling they will tell you. However. most of the companies like your
self say they are selling BRANDED but refrain from telling you who
manufactured the product. A real BRAND always discloses the
manufacturer. They go together to create the brand. A brand is much
more than placing some name on a product that is only sold in one place.

>not in Mexico as with Sension inks) there is also the higher
>labor costs of making the UltraFLO cartridge in the US. We don't
>promote the CRU brand cartridges because we feel that the formulabs
>inks are not the optimum ink for use by those in need of professional
>quality inkjet prints and the color balance of the ink is not always
>correct, probably due to the various cartridge manufacturers using the
>inks and not Sension.
>
>

A BRANDED prefilled ink cartridge consists of a cartridge and ink. It
is always the same ink and always the same cartridge and it is sold
under a name. That is what makes it a brand. Selling one brand of ink,
another brand of cartridge and then using different sources for
refilling them cannot be a BRAND as I am referring to it. This
combination can be a generically named product that can vary as to the
refiller, the cartridge maker and the ink mfg.

>3. Well sell print heads primarily to overseas customers, and to
>MultiPass owners and they find the prices acceptable.
>

They must not be aware. Anyone, sorry if I offend some of you readers,
who buys a print head at a price (and then add a set of OEM inks to that
price) that will cost from almost as much to much more than a new
printer is beyond dumb. They are dumber than dumb.

>However people
>using our UltraFLO for Canon cartridges essentially get 2 heads for the
>price of one as the warranty we offer on the heads allows them to
>exchange them every six months for a new one, so technically they are
>paying about $42.00 for a print head
>

Then why don't you sell the Canon BRANDED print head for $42.00 a pop.

>when they use our inks, which is
>about $17.00 cheaper than the $59.00 price. We reward customer loyalty
>in this regard.
>
>I'm sure you can find similar versions of most of our products elswhere
>cheaper elsewhere.
>

If they were REAL BRANDS I might be able to. What are the brands and
where can I go to compare prices? :-)

>People shop with us for consistency, support, and
>the variety of options we can offer. Not every one has time to price
>shop
>

If they have the time to refill their own carts they have the time to do
a search at pricegrabber and price shop. 8-)

>and they can call us for assistance for determining what works
>best for them.
>
>It has been commented by many that speak with me by phone that I am one
>of the most knowledgable people regarding all brands of desktop inkjet
>printers and they feel more comfortable paying us for products than
>other on-line companies who are often cheaper, mainly because they like
>that we seem to be experienced in this business and know what we are
>doing.
>
>We are probably one of the more expensive places on the web to buy
>certain products but we also offer variations of web products that
>aren't available "everywhere else" and We do try to take care of our
>customers as best we can.
>
>I've read some of your other posts here, measekite, and notice that you
>continually attack in your posts. I see posts like yours about us a
>couple of times a year, but I have been doing this for 13 years now, so
>I expect I will continue to see posts such as this by those like you,
>long into the future.
>
>

That was about the time of the first HP DeskJet when the only
alternative was HP.

>And don't worry...I have no belief whatsoever that you would ever
>consider doing business with us,
>
You never know what the future will bring but when I can go to Costco
and buy Canon OEM Branded ink cartridges for $2.00 more than the noname
generic you are selling I cannot see any reason why I should not have
the original. If I use 3 full sets a year that amounts to 15 carts with
a difference of $30.00. That is not that much.

Besides the reason I type like this has two purposes.

1. To help people understand what they need to know so they do not get
screwed.

2. Any maybe to wake up the industry so that some
manufacturer/formulator will develop a high quality prefilled cartridge
under their own name and sell them wholesale to a number of marketing
outlets at good enough prices to compete with the OEM goods. Then maybe
you could walk into Office Depot or Staples and see Canon, HP, Epson,
and the other BRAND and also shop on-line for the product as well.

Many people are having all sort of problems using after market generic
noname supplies that are inconsistent from batch to batch. I do admit
that the OEMs are very substantially overpriced.

>so save typing that in your response
>to this post.
>
>
>
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 3, 2005 10:46:05 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

The only thing you are likely to be sure of by buying Canon BRANDED inks
right now is that they will fade pretty rapidly, I guess that's worth
something, in terms of reliability ;-)

And if you think ink production that is "BRANDED" removes the
possibility that it can be made in numerous locales, by different
companies and with differing formulae, you are being naive.

Art

measekite wrote:

>
>
> WeInk_TechSupport wrote:
>
>> 1. For the purpose of support and warranty, we are to be considered the
>> manufacturer.
>
>
> A formulator develops all of the characteristics of the ink that they
> usually patent. The manufacturer who is many times the formulator
> actually creates the product. For purposes of support and warranty you
> are neither the developer nor the creator even though you want to take
> the responsibility.
>
>> You are buying UltraFLO, Chromium, or Endura brand ink
>> formulations, not no name brands.
>
>
> Then who do these manufacturer/formulator sell their products to?
>
>> We use a private co-manufacturer who
>> sells to the public as well
>
>
> And who is that? I have been looking very hard for a BRANDED INK
> MANUFACTURER who make the stuff and then distributes it using a variety
> of marketing channels so the ultimate buyer makes their purchase based
> on retailer service, support, and price. And many of these retailers
> will offer the customers a variety BRANDED INKS. I can go to Costco and
> buy Epson, Canon, and HP branded inks.
>
>> but we are responsible for vetting and
>> supporting the inks we have made for us.
>>
>> 2. The cartridges sold at $6.99 are our in-house samplers
>
>
> I just bought CANON BRANDED samplers at Costco for $2.00 more per
> cartridge. And I know that the ink is made specifically to maximize the
> Canon printer and Canon Photo Paper Pro. I also know that the entity
> that stands behind the product is very large and worldwide.
>
>> containing
>> our Light Fast inks (up to 44 year display life) and are sold primarily
>> for testing purposes before purchase of CRS or Refill Kits, however we
>> sell many to customers who want quantity of cartridges with superior
>> light resistance than cheaper generics, in a plug-n-play product. The
>> CRU brand are sold at $2.49 each (in multipacks for about $1.99 each)
>> and contain the non-light fast formulabs ink you tout so much, housed
>> in the same cartridge body as the $6.99 cartridge, besides the
>> different quality in ink (our inks are made entirely in the US by a US
>> company,
>
> And if that company is a major manufacturer/formulator company that is
> BRANDED, their product must be sold and many different places. And
> BRANDED products are usually advertised by the company as well as many
> of the resellers. This does not appear to be the case. I a company is
> selling a real BRANDED product and you ask them what brand they are
> selling they will tell you. However. most of the companies like your
> self say they are selling BRANDED but refrain from telling you who
> manufactured the product. A real BRAND always discloses the
> manufacturer. They go together to create the brand. A brand is much
> more than placing some name on a product that is only sold in one place.
>
>> not in Mexico as with Sension inks) there is also the higher
>> labor costs of making the UltraFLO cartridge in the US. We don't
>> promote the CRU brand cartridges because we feel that the formulabs
>> inks are not the optimum ink for use by those in need of professional
>> quality inkjet prints and the color balance of the ink is not always
>> correct, probably due to the various cartridge manufacturers using the
>> inks and not Sension.
>>
>>
>
> A BRANDED prefilled ink cartridge consists of a cartridge and ink. It
> is always the same ink and always the same cartridge and it is sold
> under a name. That is what makes it a brand. Selling one brand of ink,
> another brand of cartridge and then using different sources for
> refilling them cannot be a BRAND as I am referring to it. This
> combination can be a generically named product that can vary as to the
> refiller, the cartridge maker and the ink mfg.
>
>> 3. Well sell print heads primarily to overseas customers, and to
>> MultiPass owners and they find the prices acceptable.
>
>
> They must not be aware. Anyone, sorry if I offend some of you readers,
> who buys a print head at a price (and then add a set of OEM inks to that
> price) that will cost from almost as much to much more than a new
> printer is beyond dumb. They are dumber than dumb.
>
>> However people
>> using our UltraFLO for Canon cartridges essentially get 2 heads for the
>> price of one as the warranty we offer on the heads allows them to
>> exchange them every six months for a new one, so technically they are
>> paying about $42.00 for a print head
>
>
> Then why don't you sell the Canon BRANDED print head for $42.00 a pop.
>
>> when they use our inks, which is
>> about $17.00 cheaper than the $59.00 price. We reward customer loyalty
>> in this regard.
>>
>> I'm sure you can find similar versions of most of our products elswhere
>> cheaper elsewhere.
>
>
> If they were REAL BRANDS I might be able to. What are the brands and
> where can I go to compare prices? :-)
>
>> People shop with us for consistency, support, and
>> the variety of options we can offer. Not every one has time to price
>> shop
>
>
> If they have the time to refill their own carts they have the time to do
> a search at pricegrabber and price shop. 8-)
>
>> and they can call us for assistance for determining what works
>> best for them.
>>
>> It has been commented by many that speak with me by phone that I am one
>> of the most knowledgable people regarding all brands of desktop inkjet
>> printers and they feel more comfortable paying us for products than
>> other on-line companies who are often cheaper, mainly because they like
>> that we seem to be experienced in this business and know what we are
>> doing.
>>
>> We are probably one of the more expensive places on the web to buy
>> certain products but we also offer variations of web products that
>> aren't available "everywhere else" and We do try to take care of our
>> customers as best we can.
>>
>> I've read some of your other posts here, measekite, and notice that you
>> continually attack in your posts. I see posts like yours about us a
>> couple of times a year, but I have been doing this for 13 years now, so
>> I expect I will continue to see posts such as this by those like you,
>> long into the future.
>>
>>
>
> That was about the time of the first HP DeskJet when the only
> alternative was HP.
>
>> And don't worry...I have no belief whatsoever that you would ever
>> consider doing business with us,
>
> You never know what the future will bring but when I can go to Costco
> and buy Canon OEM Branded ink cartridges for $2.00 more than the noname
> generic you are selling I cannot see any reason why I should not have
> the original. If I use 3 full sets a year that amounts to 15 carts with
> a difference of $30.00. That is not that much.
>
> Besides the reason I type like this has two purposes.
> 1. To help people understand what they need to know so they do not get
> screwed.
>
> 2. Any maybe to wake up the industry so that some
> manufacturer/formulator will develop a high quality prefilled cartridge
> under their own name and sell them wholesale to a number of marketing
> outlets at good enough prices to compete with the OEM goods. Then maybe
> you could walk into Office Depot or Staples and see Canon, HP, Epson,
> and the other BRAND and also shop on-line for the product as well.
>
> Many people are having all sort of problems using after market generic
> noname supplies that are inconsistent from batch to batch. I do admit
> that the OEMs are very substantially overpriced.
>
>> so save typing that in your response
>> to this post.
>>
>>
>>
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 3, 2005 11:00:04 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Arthur Entlich wrote:

> The only thing you are likely to be sure of by buying Canon BRANDED
> inks right now is that they will fade pretty rapidly, I guess that's
> worth something, in terms of reliability ;-)


Maybe you are right about fading. But my prints made by my Canon with
OEM inks on Canon Photo Paper Pro, Office Depot unbranded,and
Surething show no evidence of fading in the past 6 months. These
photos are left on a desk in my office.

>
> And if you think ink production that is "BRANDED" removes the
> possibility that it can be made in numerous locales, by different
> companies and with differing formulae, you are being naive.


Inks that are branded by Canon, HP and Epson are made to a certain
specification and quality that is controled by the Printer Company.

>
> Art
>
> measekite wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> WeInk_TechSupport wrote:
>>
>>> 1. For the purpose of support and warranty, we are to be considered the
>>> manufacturer.
>>
>>
>>
>> A formulator develops all of the characteristics of the ink that they
>> usually patent. The manufacturer who is many times the formulator
>> actually creates the product. For purposes of support and warranty
>> you are neither the developer nor the creator even though you want to
>> take the responsibility.
>>
>>> You are buying UltraFLO, Chromium, or Endura brand ink
>>> formulations, not no name brands.
>>
>>
>>
>> Then who do these manufacturer/formulator sell their products to?
>>
>>> We use a private co-manufacturer who
>>> sells to the public as well
>>
>>
>>
>> And who is that? I have been looking very hard for a BRANDED INK
>> MANUFACTURER who make the stuff and then distributes it using a
>> variety of marketing channels so the ultimate buyer makes their
>> purchase based on retailer service, support, and price. And many of
>> these retailers will offer the customers a variety BRANDED INKS. I
>> can go to Costco and buy Epson, Canon, and HP branded inks.
>>
>>> but we are responsible for vetting and
>>> supporting the inks we have made for us.
>>>
>>> 2. The cartridges sold at $6.99 are our in-house samplers
>>
>>
>>
>> I just bought CANON BRANDED samplers at Costco for $2.00 more per
>> cartridge. And I know that the ink is made specifically to maximize
>> the Canon printer and Canon Photo Paper Pro. I also know that the
>> entity that stands behind the product is very large and worldwide.
>>
>>> containing
>>> our Light Fast inks (up to 44 year display life) and are sold primarily
>>> for testing purposes before purchase of CRS or Refill Kits, however we
>>> sell many to customers who want quantity of cartridges with superior
>>> light resistance than cheaper generics, in a plug-n-play product. The
>>> CRU brand are sold at $2.49 each (in multipacks for about $1.99 each)
>>> and contain the non-light fast formulabs ink you tout so much, housed
>>> in the same cartridge body as the $6.99 cartridge, besides the
>>> different quality in ink (our inks are made entirely in the US by a US
>>> company,
>>
>>
>> And if that company is a major manufacturer/formulator company that
>> is BRANDED, their product must be sold and many different places.
>> And BRANDED products are usually advertised by the company as well as
>> many of the resellers. This does not appear to be the case. I a
>> company is selling a real BRANDED product and you ask them what brand
>> they are selling they will tell you. However. most of the companies
>> like your self say they are selling BRANDED but refrain from telling
>> you who manufactured the product. A real BRAND always discloses the
>> manufacturer. They go together to create the brand. A brand is much
>> more than placing some name on a product that is only sold in one place.
>>
>>> not in Mexico as with Sension inks) there is also the higher
>>> labor costs of making the UltraFLO cartridge in the US. We don't
>>> promote the CRU brand cartridges because we feel that the formulabs
>>> inks are not the optimum ink for use by those in need of professional
>>> quality inkjet prints and the color balance of the ink is not always
>>> correct, probably due to the various cartridge manufacturers using the
>>> inks and not Sension.
>>>
>>>
>>
>> A BRANDED prefilled ink cartridge consists of a cartridge and ink.
>> It is always the same ink and always the same cartridge and it is
>> sold under a name. That is what makes it a brand. Selling one brand
>> of ink, another brand of cartridge and then using different sources
>> for refilling them cannot be a BRAND as I am referring to it. This
>> combination can be a generically named product that can vary as to
>> the refiller, the cartridge maker and the ink mfg.
>>
>>> 3. Well sell print heads primarily to overseas customers, and to
>>> MultiPass owners and they find the prices acceptable.
>>
>>
>>
>> They must not be aware. Anyone, sorry if I offend some of you
>> readers, who buys a print head at a price (and then add a set of OEM
>> inks to that price) that will cost from almost as much to much more
>> than a new printer is beyond dumb. They are dumber than dumb.
>>
>>> However people
>>> using our UltraFLO for Canon cartridges essentially get 2 heads for the
>>> price of one as the warranty we offer on the heads allows them to
>>> exchange them every six months for a new one, so technically they are
>>> paying about $42.00 for a print head
>>
>>
>>
>> Then why don't you sell the Canon BRANDED print head for $42.00 a pop.
>>
>>> when they use our inks, which is
>>> about $17.00 cheaper than the $59.00 price. We reward customer loyalty
>>> in this regard.
>>>
>>> I'm sure you can find similar versions of most of our products elswhere
>>> cheaper elsewhere.
>>
>>
>>
>> If they were REAL BRANDS I might be able to. What are the brands and
>> where can I go to compare prices? :-)
>>
>>> People shop with us for consistency, support, and
>>> the variety of options we can offer. Not every one has time to price
>>> shop
>>
>>
>>
>> If they have the time to refill their own carts they have the time to
>> do a search at pricegrabber and price shop. 8-)
>>
>>> and they can call us for assistance for determining what works
>>> best for them.
>>>
>>> It has been commented by many that speak with me by phone that I am one
>>> of the most knowledgable people regarding all brands of desktop inkjet
>>> printers and they feel more comfortable paying us for products than
>>> other on-line companies who are often cheaper, mainly because they like
>>> that we seem to be experienced in this business and know what we are
>>> doing.
>>>
>>> We are probably one of the more expensive places on the web to buy
>>> certain products but we also offer variations of web products that
>>> aren't available "everywhere else" and We do try to take care of our
>>> customers as best we can.
>>>
>>> I've read some of your other posts here, measekite, and notice that you
>>> continually attack in your posts. I see posts like yours about us a
>>> couple of times a year, but I have been doing this for 13 years now, so
>>> I expect I will continue to see posts such as this by those like you,
>>> long into the future.
>>>
>>>
>>
>> That was about the time of the first HP DeskJet when the only
>> alternative was HP.
>>
>>> And don't worry...I have no belief whatsoever that you would ever
>>> consider doing business with us,
>>
>>
>> You never know what the future will bring but when I can go to Costco
>> and buy Canon OEM Branded ink cartridges for $2.00 more than the
>> noname generic you are selling I cannot see any reason why I should
>> not have the original. If I use 3 full sets a year that amounts to
>> 15 carts with a difference of $30.00. That is not that much.
>>
>> Besides the reason I type like this has two purposes.
>> 1. To help people understand what they need to know so they do not
>> get screwed.
>>
>> 2. Any maybe to wake up the industry so that some
>> manufacturer/formulator will develop a high quality prefilled
>> cartridge under their own name and sell them wholesale to a number of
>> marketing outlets at good enough prices to compete with the OEM
>> goods. Then maybe you could walk into Office Depot or Staples and
>> see Canon, HP, Epson, and the other BRAND and also shop on-line for
>> the product as well.
>>
>> Many people are having all sort of problems using after market
>> generic noname supplies that are inconsistent from batch to batch. I
>> do admit that the OEMs are very substantially overpriced.
>>
>>> so save typing that in your response
>>> to this post.
>>>
>>>
>>>
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 3, 2005 5:56:35 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Pigment Ink printers have so many problems because of 2 reasons:

1. Most users forget to agitate the cartridges before installing them.
Even the OEM cartridges will fail if not installed properly.
Unfortunately this requires that the user actually pay attention to
what they are doing...and many do not.

2. The service stations on the smaller pigment printers still use the
design originally made for dye based inks. The stations get nasty with
pigment and clean less efficiently resulting in a higher rate of
clogging, especially with infrequent users.

More complaints on the web about 3rd party inks...truthfully there are
quite a few bad apples out their who will stock cartridges for years
and keep selling them long after they are no good and they use the
cheapest maker they can find with all the shortcuts that would entail.

As far as control of what goes in the cartridge...We have absolute
control on our UltraFLO cartridges. As far as the import CRU brands, we
don't make enough money on them to to provide any additional safeguards
than choosing a reliable maker. We do limit our CRU for HP and Lexmark
to one trusted supplier, here in the US, and accept no other.

Unfortunately, measekite, you have one of the most expensive Canon
printers (i960) to operate compared to the cost of purchase for the
printer. The print heads don't last as long as say the i850 or pixma
ip3000, you have 2 extra inks you have to supply, and the print heads
cost as much for that printer as they do for the i9100, on top of which
as dedicated photo-printer cheaper cartridges may cost you color
quality as they biggest fault in most of the Sub $3.00 3rd party
cartridges is poor formulation balance of the PC and PM inks, quite
often because they are actually loaded with inks designed for Epson
rather than for Canon.


John Mills
http://www.weink.com/
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 3, 2005 10:29:19 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:UvM3e.75$qD2.72@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
[...]

> Inks that are branded by Canon, HP and Epson are made to a certain
> specification and quality that is controled by the Printer Company.
>

Believe that and you'll believe anything.
http://www.alotofthings.com/inkjetinformation/Epsonorig...
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 4, 2005 12:09:37 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I and other people using different printers but with OEM ink do see the
consistency from batch to batch. Most but not all of the 3rd party
replacements are not consistent. As a matter of fact you do not know if
they are from the same supplier. The webstore buyer from these noname
companies do not even have any control over their manufacturer or
quality control like the big 3 (HP, Canon, and Epson.

While I do not know for sure, it seems that the most damage to the
printer can happen when you have an Epson Printer, specially with
pigmented ink.

It just seems that there are more complaints about Epson products when
using 3rd party inks on this newsgroup than HP and Canon. No I have not
counted them but the difference is noticeable.

Ivor Floppy wrote:

>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:UvM3e.75$qD2.72@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
>[...]
>
>
>
>>Inks that are branded by Canon, HP and Epson are made to a certain
>>specification and quality that is controled by the Printer Company.
>>
>>
>>
>
>Believe that and you'll believe anything.
>http://www.alotofthings.com/inkjetinformation/Epsonorig...
>
>
>
>
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 4, 2005 12:39:08 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Ivor Floppy" <Ivor@somewhere.uk> wrote in message
news:3CW3e.2883$il.2034@newsfe5-win.ntli.net...
>
> "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:UvM3e.75$qD2.72@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
> [...]
>
>> Inks that are branded by Canon, HP and Epson are made to a certain
>> specification and quality that is controled by the Printer Company.
>>
>
> Believe that and you'll believe anything.
> http://www.alotofthings.com/inkjetinformation/Epsonorig...

And if you believe the above link proves *anything* you will believe anything.
If you take a bunch of empty cartridges and throw them in a box you will likely
get color mixing as different cartridges come in contact with each other and
mix their colors, or touch the sides of the box and wick ink out which then
contaminates another cartridge. You can see from the pictures of the plastic
that the cartridges have come in contact with each other, there is smeared ink
on several of the cartridges. It might be more interesting if they took
original cartridges, extracted ink and looked for differences.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 4, 2005 3:05:12 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

WeInk_TechSupport wrote:

>Pigment Ink printers have so many problems because of 2 reasons:
>
>1. Most users forget to agitate the cartridges before installing them.
>Even the OEM cartridges will fail if not installed properly.
>Unfortunately this requires that the user actually pay attention to
>what they are doing...and many do not.
>
>2. The service stations on the smaller pigment printers still use the
>design originally made for dye based inks. The stations get nasty with
>pigment and clean less efficiently resulting in a higher rate of
>clogging, especially with infrequent users.
>
>More complaints on the web about 3rd party inks...truthfully there are
>quite a few bad apples out their who will stock cartridges for years
>and keep selling them long after they are no good and they use the
>cheapest maker they can find with all the shortcuts that would entail.
>
>

Your advice is nothing more than an enhanced form of SPAM. You
represent a HAWKER trying to make a buck (that is OK) but you do not
belong on this newsgroup as others who HAWK merchandise have been told.

Besides, if the people are willing to spend $6.99 for you Canon NoName
ink cart they might was well go to Costco and get the genuine Canon cart
for $2.00 more. If they do not live near a costco they can use Costco.com.

Costco also has better prices on both Epson and HP carts. I did say
better because even Costco is overpriced because the manufacurers are
overpriced.

If there would evolve a REAL 3rd party formulator/manufacturer that
would create BRANDED (over time) high quality carts who would sell to
all of the retailers (Costco, Office Depot, Staples, Office Max, Circuit
City etc and even webstores under their BRANDED name then the retailers
would compete on service. This is no different in shopping around and
finding 30 places to buy a Canon Printer.

>As far as control of what goes in the cartridge...We have absolute
>control on our UltraFLO cartridges.
>
You ARE a webseller, an overprice one as well ie selling a Canon Print
Head for more money than overprice Canon does. You do not manufacturer
or totally control another company who does. You depend on them for
supplies.

>As far as the import CRU brands, we
>
>

Go to Sams Club, Walmart, Office Depot, Staples, or send emails to 50
webresellers and ask them about CRU brand. If that was a BRAND someone
would be reselling them or the company would be out of business.

>don't make enough money on them to to provide any additional safeguards
>
>

are you saying it is so cheap is will screw up your printer and you do
not want to provide safeguards?

>than choosing a reliable maker. We do limit our CRU for HP and Lexmark
>to one trusted supplier, here in the US, and accept no other.
>
>Unfortunately, measekite, you have one of the most expensive Canon
>printers (i960)
>
I do NOT or have NEVER owned a Canon i960 printer.

>to operate compared to the cost of purchase for the
>printer. The print heads don't last as long as say the i850 or pixma
>ip3000,
>

I have not heard of any problems with the i960.

>you have 2 extra inks you have to supply, and the print heads
>cost as much for that printer as they do for the i9100, on top of which
>as dedicated photo-printer cheaper cartridges may cost you color
>quality as they biggest fault in most of the Sub $3.00 3rd party
>cartridges is poor formulation balance of the PC and PM inks, quite
>often because they are actually loaded with inks designed for Epson
>rather than for Canon.
>
>

Many people (not me) are using Formulabs Bulk ink with out problems so
they say and they seem to like it as they are repeat buyers. This
Formulabs BRAND of ink is prefilled in many different cartridges and
sold for around $3.00 not the $6.99 your socalled private brand goes
for. Sensinet is a large company and I do not think they are doing what
you claim.

Anyway this NG is the wrong place to advertise. Soon all of the
potential customers you covet will not want to buy from you.

>
>John Mills
>http://www.weink.com/
>
>
>
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 4, 2005 11:20:03 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Bob Headrick wrote:

>"Ivor Floppy" <Ivor@somewhere.uk> wrote in message
>news:3CW3e.2883$il.2034@newsfe5-win.ntli.net...
>
>
>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>news:UvM3e.75$qD2.72@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
>>[...]
>>
>>
>>
>>>Inks that are branded by Canon, HP and Epson are made to a certain
>>>specification and quality that is controled by the Printer Company.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>Believe that and you'll believe anything.
>>http://www.alotofthings.com/inkjetinformation/Epsonorig...
>>
>>
>
>And if you believe the above link proves *anything* you will believe anything.
>
>

You should not believe the stuff that is on alotofcraps website except
that they do not want you to call them to order supplies.

>If you take a bunch of empty cartridges and throw them in a box you will likely
>get color mixing as different cartridges come in contact with each other and
>mix their colors, or touch the sides of the box and wick ink out which then
>contaminates another cartridge. You can see from the pictures of the plastic
>that the cartridges have come in contact with each other, there is smeared ink
>on several of the cartridges. It might be more interesting if they took
>original cartridges, extracted ink and looked for differences.
>
>Regards,
>Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging
>
>
>
>
>
>
!