Whats everyone thoughts

Hi Everyone

I receieved this from PC Aviator and i was wondering if anyone had
purschased a copy of the below software and if so, is it worth to purchase.
Looking forward to your feedback

Cameron

VOXATC Deluxe
Finally. Voice Recognition for Talking To Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
Air Traffic Control
VoxATC is the air traffic control environment that serious flight simulation
enthusiasts have been waiting for.
VoxATC is the first ATC add-on for FS2004 that has been developed with
integrated voice recognition.
You can now talk to the controllers using standard ATC phraseology and what
you say will be heard.
Requests must be properly constructed and instructions complied with and
read back correctly.
VoxATC has licensed the AT&T Natural Voice set and has included two voices
with the product. So you get no more robotic sounding speech from the text
to speech engine.
VoxATC is not an adventure generator it runs outside FS2004 as a separate
process.
The main features of VoxATC include:
a.. Fully integrated Voice Recognition

b.. Intelligent agent controllers and AI aircraft

c.. VFR and IFR flights

d.. All ATC units are included (Clearance Delivery, Ground, Tower,
Departure, Approach, Center and Flight Service Stations).

e.. Unicom and Multicom operations handled.

f.. Traffic have user configurable call signs and user set levels for
different airspace types.

g.. SIDs, STARs, waypoints and airways are referred to by name.

h.. Enroute Holds.

i.. Emergencies.
You've always wanted to speak with the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
controllers using your own voice - now you can with VoxATC.

VoxATC is the next major step towards Flight Simulator realism.

We highly recommend the Plantronics Audio 90 Headset for use with VOXATC.

Bob Sidwick at RC Simulation raves about Vox ATC. I believe, however, that
there is a 'UK version' in progress and I am waiting for this - at present
it uses American terminology, etc; OK if you fly mainly in USA. I also
understand it to be quite frame rate friendly. There was (is?) a demo
version available so worth giving a try first.
My own view is that Vox ATC coupled with TrackIR is probably as good as it
gets currently (with a yoke and pedals, of course).

Richard
"Cameron" <cameronpeters@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone
>
> I receieved this from PC Aviator and i was wondering if anyone had
> purschased a copy of the below software and if so, is it worth to
> purchase.
> Looking forward to your feedback
>
> Cameron
>

> VOXATC Deluxe
> Finally. Voice Recognition for Talking To Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
> Air Traffic Control
> VoxATC is the air traffic control environment that serious flight
> simulation enthusiasts have been waiting for.
> VoxATC is the first ATC add-on for FS2004 that has been developed with
> integrated voice recognition.
> You can now talk to the controllers using standard ATC phraseology and
> what you say will be heard.
> Requests must be properly constructed and instructions complied with and
> read back correctly.
> VoxATC has licensed the AT&T Natural Voice set and has included two voices
> with the product. So you get no more robotic sounding speech from the text
> to speech engine.
> VoxATC is not an adventure generator it runs outside FS2004 as a separate
> process.
> The main features of VoxATC include:
> a.. Fully integrated Voice Recognition
>
> b.. Intelligent agent controllers and AI aircraft
>
> c.. VFR and IFR flights
>
> d.. All ATC units are included (Clearance Delivery, Ground, Tower,
> Departure, Approach, Center and Flight Service Stations).
>
> e.. Unicom and Multicom operations handled.
>
> f.. Traffic have user configurable call signs and user set levels for
> different airspace types.
>
> g.. SIDs, STARs, waypoints and airways are referred to by name.
>
> h.. Enroute Holds.
>
> i.. Emergencies.
> You've always wanted to speak with the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
> controllers using your own voice - now you can with VoxATC.
>
> VoxATC is the next major step towards Flight Simulator realism.
>
> We highly recommend the Plantronics Audio 90 Headset for use with VOXATC.

What is:

Handles both VRF and IFR flights with ease

http://www.simpilot.com/php/detail.php?id=193

I guess just a type-o

"Richard Hardiman" <Richard.Hardiman@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Bob Sidwick at RC Simulation raves about Vox ATC. I believe, however, that
> there is a 'UK version' in progress and I am waiting for this - at present
> it uses American terminology, etc; OK if you fly mainly in USA. I also
> understand it to be quite frame rate friendly. There was (is?) a demo
> version available so worth giving a try first.
> My own view is that Vox ATC coupled with TrackIR is probably as good as it
> gets currently (with a yoke and pedals, of course).
>
> Richard
> "Cameron" <cameronpeters@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hi Everyone
> >
> > I receieved this from PC Aviator and i was wondering if anyone had
> > purschased a copy of the below software and if so, is it worth to
> > purchase.
> > Looking forward to your feedback
> >
> > Cameron
> >

> > VOXATC Deluxe
> > Finally. Voice Recognition for Talking To Microsoft Flight Simulator
2004
> > Air Traffic Control
> > VoxATC is the air traffic control environment that serious flight
> > simulation enthusiasts have been waiting for.
> > VoxATC is the first ATC add-on for FS2004 that has been developed with
> > integrated voice recognition.
> > You can now talk to the controllers using standard ATC phraseology and
> > what you say will be heard.
> > Requests must be properly constructed and instructions complied with and
> > read back correctly.
> > VoxATC has licensed the AT&T Natural Voice set and has included two
voices
> > with the product. So you get no more robotic sounding speech from the
text
> > to speech engine.
> > VoxATC is not an adventure generator it runs outside FS2004 as a
separate
> > process.
> > The main features of VoxATC include:
> > a.. Fully integrated Voice Recognition
> >
> > b.. Intelligent agent controllers and AI aircraft
> >
> > c.. VFR and IFR flights
> >
> > d.. All ATC units are included (Clearance Delivery, Ground, Tower,
> > Departure, Approach, Center and Flight Service Stations).
> >
> > e.. Unicom and Multicom operations handled.
> >
> > f.. Traffic have user configurable call signs and user set levels for
> > different airspace types.
> >
> > g.. SIDs, STARs, waypoints and airways are referred to by name.
> >
> > h.. Enroute Holds.
> >
> > i.. Emergencies.
> > You've always wanted to speak with the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
> > controllers using your own voice - now you can with VoxATC.
> >
> > VoxATC is the next major step towards Flight Simulator realism.
> >
> > We highly recommend the Plantronics Audio 90 Headset for use with
VOXATC.

dallas

"Cameron"
> I receieved this from PC Aviator and i was wondering if anyone had
> purschased a copy of the below software and if so, is it worth to
purchase.

http://www.simpilot.com/php/detail.php?id=193

I like the sound of it (no pun) a lot. I would likely buy it if it were
$24.95 but at $ 74.95 it's pretty painful. I suspect it's because of the
licensing fees he has to pay to AT&T Natural voices.

Dallas