Obtuse

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
I was installing HL2 on my friend's comp yesterday. I bought the collector's edition when it came out, he just bought it for $30 on newegg. Unfortunately, we can't get Half-Life 2: deathmatch working on his computer. It seems from all I've read about it, deathmatch is a free upgrade via steam for anyone who buys the retail version of half life 2. When I go to 'play games' in Steam, and right-click on deathmatch, it only gives the option to buy. When I click that option, it takes us to the steampowered webpage, with adds to buy the bronze, silver, or gold package of HL2 via steam. It appears we got screwed, but I wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.

"It's too late now anyway. That song is stuck in my head and the only way to get rid of it is to blow it out. With a bullet!! - Carl

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
ahhhh nice friggin sig! love aqua teen hunger force. i thought they realesed a just single player version didnt they? maybe he bought that cause i havent seen a hl2 for under 40, the collectors edition went way down though i got mine for 50. Good Luck. mc pee pants...lol.

(\__/)!!!!!!!!!!/---1 ===
(='.'=)!![----/-----1---]====
(")_(")!![-{+}------{+}]===== ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST! (yes those are spinny rims)

SNeaKyTiKi

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2005
knowing valve im sure that its only a free upgrade for those who purchased it on steam. I think you needed to purchase the game of the year edition to get all the good stuff without downloading silver or bronze.

<i>I'm a Sneakytiki!!!</i>