Sign in with
Your question

DOS IP commands???

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 13, 2001 4:51:24 PM

does anyone know if there is a command that will show all the ip addresses being used on a particular network?

More about : dos commands

July 13, 2001 9:08:36 PM

You can go to the server and list all the computers with DHCP connections. I don't remember exactly how to do it, and I don't have a server nearby to look.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:
July 14, 2001 12:48:12 PM

What is it you need to know exactly? netstat -n will list current connections - both local and foreign
(from dos prompt)

Next time you wave - use all your fingers
Related resources
July 15, 2001 6:34:31 AM

it seems like that will do... i started at a new company and get this... they have no idea what range their ip addresses are in... nothing... clueless. so i wanted to see which ones were at least in use.
July 17, 2001 12:42:55 PM

netstat has other swithches too, type NETSTAT /? at a command prompt for a list of options, sounds like your going to have fun!!, how many systems are on the network? may be easier to start over, often when left in a "state", its easier to start again than try and fix it up- also if you miss something the last person meesed up- you probly get the blame for it.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers
July 18, 2001 1:03:24 AM

thank you, that was helpful. we have ~75 systems including servers on this network.
!