My guess is that he is stepping down as Pope due to the onset of Alzheimer's, but that's just my opinion.

I believe he is doing the honorable thing and looking out for the best interest of the Church and Cathloics worldwide.

Hahahaha! Good one!

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011

ZING!

Well the good news is he is staying in the Vatican which conveniently shields him from prosecution for all the abuse coverups he participated in.

Seems kinda odd to me to have two popes in the same place.... What if they disagree... I mean they were both "chosen" by God

"Imma not da pope, but I will retain all the benefits of being pope!"

riser

Illustrious

You're suggesting you the Pope is lying? Is it not reasonable to believe that a mid 80 year old guy can't keep up with the daily routines and would prefer to have the respect to hand the position off instead of diluting his duties until he passes on?

Just wondering. Sure, there are issues and maybe he feels he doesn't have the internal controls that he wishes. It wouldn't seem far fetched to me to see younger people manipulating an older leader for whatever cause.

In fact, I would say that he has shown dignity and respect for the position by stepping down. Hopefully that message resounds elsewhere.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I am not suggesting anything.Just your opinions that is all.Most likely it is his health.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
That is nice of you.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
The real truth is that this is a cover up with the reason being that the Pope has been covering up these gays priests for years now and he is tired of all the stress that may be put on him if this fact comes out in public.His health could be a excuse only.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
He was a member when he was I believe 14 years old. A Nazi.Who really knows what the truth is?