Track IR and "3D" goggles. My thoughts.

Although people are advocating the 3D glasses thing, something I saw
and thought about:

I live in Oz, so if there are local names mentioned, read around them
and substitute your local names.

Most GFX cards have a video out port.

Jaycar are selling a video input "virtual TV" which you wear on your
head and the screen is seen infront of your eyes without needing a
real screen.

I was thinking if you had one of these Track IR units and this, AND
used Virtual cockpit, you could get some interesting effects.

Anyone thought of that?

The headset/screen is only about $200 I think, so is alot cheaper
than the 3D ones.

--
========
Thanks.....

Jarod

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Jarod (the puppy) wrote:

> Although people are advocating the 3D glasses thing, something I saw
> and thought about:
>
> I live in Oz, so if there are local names mentioned, read around them
> and substitute your local names.
> >
> Most GFX cards have a video out port.
>
> Jaycar are selling a video input "virtual TV" which you wear on your
> head and the screen is seen infront of your eyes without needing a
> real screen.
>
> I was thinking if you had one of these Track IR units and this, AND
> used Virtual cockpit, you could get some interesting effects.
>
> Anyone thought of that?
>

> The headset/screen is only about $200 I think, so is alot cheaper
> than the 3D ones.

Hi Jarod,

I'm no expert but I think the resolution and Field Of View should be
looked at. Is Googled it but I'm searching for the glasses you are
talking about. Can you say the specs on this?

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)