Problem with Ink Refill for HP 2110 MFD Printer

Mike

Splendid

I refilled the black ink cartridge on my HP 2110 printer. I worked great
that day.
Turned the printer on the next day and the LCD panel displayed error
message: check the ink cartridge
and the printer would not print.

any suggestions?

Mike

Mike

Splendid

I used the software clean the print head routine, removed replaced cartridge
but same error message.

Mike

"Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I refilled the black ink cartridge on my HP 2110 printer. I worked great
>that day.
> Turned the printer on the next day and the LCD panel displayed error
> message: check the ink cartridge
> and the printer would not print.
>
> any suggestions?
>
> Mike

Assuming that the cartridge is not damaged or improperly filled (PSC
machines can detect high temps on firing resistors which indicate a low
ink condition, In your case it may be a small pocket of air trapped in
the nozzle area) You can try to force a Resistor ID reset:

http://www.weink.com/ecom/support/technotes/tsg01.htm

Mike

Splendid

Thanks for the useful link but I got rid of the psc 2110 and bought a psc
2355.
I concerned about the 2355 because the in cartdriges appear small than the
ones in the psc 2110.

Mike

"WeInk_TechSupport" <inksupport@weink.com> wrote in message
> Assuming that the cartridge is not damaged or improperly filled (PSC
> machines can detect high temps on firing resistors which indicate a low
> ink condition, In your case it may be a small pocket of air trapped in
> the nozzle area) You can try to force a Resistor ID reset:
>
> http://www.weink.com/ecom/support/technotes/tsg01.htm

There are 2 sizes of cartridges for Black and Color:

#94 Black 11 mL
#96 Black 21 mL
#95 Color 7 mL
#97 Color 14 mL

I noticed that the #96 black is not listed as a re-order item for this
printer, so it may only accept #96 cartridges, or it could be that they
are just not being promoted for this printer.

John Mills
WeInk.com support

Mike

Splendid

I'll check out #96.

> There are 2 sizes of cartridges for Black and Color:
>
> #94 Black 11 mL
> #96 Black 21 mL
> #95 Color 7 mL
> #97 Color 14 mL
>
> I noticed that the #96 black is not listed as a re-order item for this
> printer, so it may only accept #96 cartridges, or it could be that they
> are just not being promoted for this printer.
>
> John Mills
> WeInk.com support

Are you still hawking?