Asus A8n32-Deluxe???overkill for One BFG 7900 GT only

thedirtybubble

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
Not sure if I will get another BFG 7900 gt to run SLI...but I do like Asus a8n32-sli... Does it still make any sense to keep it..even if I never go SLI

I got it for $176.00 ( Amazon.com) I know that this is still high but I do untend to stick with this mobo for a few years atleast....This is the cheapest I've seen for retail.

The Abit KN8-sli is going for $69.00 after a rebate at tiger direct I think...this a very big price difference I know...but down the road will I be better off keeping the Asus????

I am going to go with either a 3700+, 4000+,4400+ or 4800+

***still not sure wether to go single or dual core for gaming***

My decision will be based on pos. future price drops as far as the CPU goes

I really have no intention to do any overclocking (at the present time)

I'm basically trying to findout what the best NON-SLI, passively cooled mobo that wont be getting overclocked for now anyway....I would not even attempt any until I knew what I was doing...and with all the research I'v been doing in the last few weeks...it seems there is a ton of stuff to know to do any type of good oc.

Thanks for all past and future info!!

thedirtybubble

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
thanks for the info

what about future gaming..will they eventually switch over...also can you even play games like f.e.a.r.,,oblivion, doom3 etc...with the dual core cpu's ???

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Sure, you just pay more for an X2. Its mostly just a matter of $.

To get nit-picky, there are some games that do not like dual core procs (either AMD or Intel). Software fixes are available for these issues, which though they exist are not a big deal. Usually you just tell windows to ignore 1 of the cores, or dedicate the game program to just 1 core.

The more time goes by, the more games will utilize multiple CPU cores.