OVERCLOCK PENTIUM D 840 3.2 GHZ HELP!!!

bigsby

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
HI I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW STEP BY STEP HOW I CAN OVERCLOCK MY CPU (PENTIUM D 840) MY POWER IS 550 WATT

keyboard4.jpg

That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot. I know the burden of pressing shift to capitalize is a great one, but c'mon, you can do better than that. I used to type posts in caps like yours, but then I decided that I didn't want a job mixing concrete.

But seriously, looking on google is a very good idea. We also need to know more about your setup, like your ram, mobo and graphics card and stuff, 'cause without it, we dont know how far your system can go or anything. Please list your current systems specs and we might help you a little bit but your best bet is to actually look on the internet for a guide, since we get people everyday who ask the same damn question and we don't really want to/have time to answer each and every one of them. Also, each processor/mobo/ram stick/graphics card is different, even if they're the same type, come from the same plant or even from the same wafer, each and every one of them will be different in some ways, so what someone else might have done to get a really great overclock, might not do the same for you. By finding an overclocking guide on your own proc/mobo, then you'll greatly increase your chances of finding the absolute maximum of your computer and you'll learn a lot more for the next time you want to overclock. If you're a loser like me, you'll read overclocking guides in your spare time, because you have no friends or anything else to do. A little google can go a long way.