CD Interface Window

September 25, 2004 12:54:35 PM

I mistakenly turned off the CD-ROM pop-up window that
shows up when you insert a CD. The interface asks what
action you want to take - record a CD, play a music cd,
etc. How do I get the pop-up back? Thanx, Bill

More about : interface window

Anonymous
September 25, 2004 6:27:47 PM

1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center".
2. In the Search box type: AUTOPLAY , and hit enter.
3. Click on: "Change how your computer handles multimedia content".

The AutoRun feature or the AutoPlay feature does not work when you insert a
CD-ROM in the drive
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330135&Product=winxp

The AutoPlay Function Does Not Work and the Current Media Does Not Appear
in My Computer When You Insert a CD or DVD
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817357&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP