Sign in with
Your question

Conroe X6800 Benchmarks.

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
June 19, 2006 2:30:25 AM

yea hes gotta make up some non exsistent remarks to try and put this down, looking gd for intel here
June 19, 2006 2:30:55 AM

I'll throw you your bone. Yes, the Conroe almost completely sweeps the benchmarks with varying margins of victory (5-30% I figure), but its a new archtecture - of course its going to beat a three-year old design, or at the very least, have an advantage. However, I admit that it's rather refreshing to see a Intel chip running cooler than an AMD chip after so long.

I like the idea that Intel finally has a good archtecture again, but this probably didn't need its own thread.
Related resources
June 19, 2006 2:32:48 AM

well old archs, stil they hav improved to provide better and better performance ie fx62 and soon coming x2 5000
June 19, 2006 2:59:43 AM

Sorry to rain on the parade but its been posted in the conroe thread. Impressive stuff, though I'm unimpressed with the choice of graphics card.
June 19, 2006 3:25:47 AM

Quote:
well old archs, stil they hav improved to provide better and better performance ie fx62 and soon coming x2 5000

K8 is an aging archtcture, but for its age, the FX-62 puts up a very commendable showing. I admire AMD for how much they've gotten out of K8, I really do - it had to be a spectacular uArch to begin with for AMD to take the performance crown for two years and for it to be relatively problem-free.

The problem is that AMD can make all the tweaks they can to the core - from the fab. process to cache sizes and the addittion of multiple cores - but at its heart, it's still the same processor it was three years ago. One important aspect is the # of instructions per cycle. K8 is a three-issue core, where Core is (I believe) a four-issue core. You can't tweak K8's # of IPCs and still call it K8.

Core has the advantage of 3+ years of technical innovations and lessons learned from past mistakes behind its design. K8 is a proven beast, but its time is nearing an end.

The most important point though...the inverse of this scenario is completely true as well when AMD releases K8L and [most definately] K10. :wink:
June 19, 2006 3:26:08 AM

You're a little late.
June 19, 2006 6:59:38 AM

These are really good test results. Not biased or anything. It is obvious, just look for yourself: §@¬°¥þ²y¥b¾ÉÅ骺ÀsÀY¡AIntel«Ü¤[¨S¦³¨ü¨ì¦p¦¹­«¤jªº«Â¯Ù¡A³ºÅýAMDªºK8¬[ºc³B²z¾¹·m¨«x86®à­±¥«³õ¤Î¦øªA¾¹¥«³õ¦û¦³²v¶W¹L2¦¨¥H¤W¡A¨s³ºIntel¦b¨ºùØ¥X²{°ÝÃD¤F!? ¦b¶Ç²Îªº³B²z¾¹¥«³õ¤W¡A®ø¶OªÌ³ßÅw¥H®É¯ß¨Ó¤À¿ë³B²z¾¹ªº®Ä¯à¡A®É¯ß¶V°ª®Ä¯à¶V¦n§Ï©»´N¬O©w²z¡A¦pªG¦b¬Û¦P·L¬[ºc¤U³o­Ó»¡ªk¨ÃµL¿ù»~¡A¦ý¦pªG¤ñ¸û¤£¦P·L¬[ºc²£«~¡A«o·|¥X²{ÄY­«ªº»~®t¡AµM¦Ó¦b¤éIntel¶¯ÅQ¥«³õªº¤é¤l¡A¤j³¡¥÷®ø¶OªÌ¤]¬O¨Ï¥Î¬Û¦Pªº²£«~¤U¡A®É¯ß«o¥¿¦n¬O³Ì²³æª½±µªº¤ñ¸û³æ¦ì¡C

©Î³Intel¤]©ú¥Õ¨ì´¶¹M¥Î®aªº¬Ýªk¡A¬G¦¹¦b2000¦~µo§G±Ä¥ÎNetburst·L¬[ºcªºIntel Pentium 4³B²z¾¹¡A©ú½T¦a³zÅS¤F°ª®É¯ß¬Fµ¦ªº¨ú¦V¡A¤j´T¦a¼W°ªPipeline StageÅý²£«~¾Ö¦³Àu¨qªº®É¯ß´£¤É¯à¤O¡AÁöµM¨ü¥~¬É§åµûNetburst¬[ºc¬O°ª®É¯ß§C®Ä¯àªº²£«~¡A¬Û«H­ì¦]¬O¤H­Ì§â¥¦©M±ß¤T¦~±À¥XªºAMD K8·L¬[ºc§@¤ñ¸û§a¡C¨ä¹ê¦b·í®É¨Ó»¡¡APentium 4µ´¹ï¬O¹º®É¥Nªº³]­p¡A¨Ò¦p¬°¤FÅýPentium 4³B²z¾¹¯àµ½¥Î¨ä¸ûªøªºPipeline Stage³]­p¡A¤j´T§ï¨}¤FBranch Prediction¡A¨äBranch Predictor¤ñ¤W¥NP6¬[ºc°ª¥X8­¿¹F4KB¡A¦ô­p¥i¥OBranch Prediction¥X¿ù´î¤Ö¹F1/3¡A­º¦¸¥[¤JTrace Cache³]­p¨ÃÀx¦s¤F12K¤w³Q¸Ñ½XªºMicro-Ops«ü¥O¡A¨ú¥N¶Ç²ÎL1 Cache³]­p´î¤Ö¤F¦b¹Bºâ»Ý­n¸Ñ½Xªº®É¶¡¡A¥ç¯àÁYµuBranch misprediction¥X²{ªº©µ»~¡A®e¶q¸û¤ÖªºL1 Cache³]­p¥ç¥O®Ö¤ß®É¯ß§ó©ö´£¤É¡C³¡¥÷®Ö¤ß³]­p±N¹B§@©ó®É¯ßªº¨â­¿¡A¨Ò¦p¨â²ÕFast Integer¡BInteger RF¡BBypress Network¡B¨ä¤¤¤@²ÕALU¤ÎAGU(Load &Store)µ¥µ¥¡A2000¦~Netburst¬[ºcªºPentium 4¾_¾Ù¤F¾ã­Ó·~¬É¡A¥O¹ï¤âAMD K7·L¬[ºc²£«~¨ü¨ìÄY®mÀ£¤O¡A¥u¯à¥H¸û§C·Gªº»ù®æ§@¥XÁ٧ܡC

µLºÃ²£¯à©M¥Í²£§Þ³Nµ´¹ï¬OIntelªº¶Ç²Î±j¶µ¡AAMD¦p«j±j¦a»PIntel¦b®É¯ß¤WÄvÁÉ¥u¬O¦Û´M¦º¸ô¡C¦]¦¹¡AAMD¿ï¾Ü¤F¦b·L¬[ºc¤W§@¥X§ï¨}¡A´£¤É¨C¶g´Áªº«ü¥O³B²z¼Æ¥Ø¡A¥i¬O¦b®É¯ßµ¥©ó®Ä¯àªº¶Ç²Î¥«³õ¤ßºA¡A­n§ïÅܳoºØ»~¸Ñ¥i»¡¬Oªñ¥G¤£¥i¯àªº¥ô°È¡CÁa¨Ï¦p¦¹¡AAMD¤]¥u¦³³o±ø°ß¤@³~®|©MIntel§Üª§¡A¥¦­Ì±j½ÕµÛ°õ¦æ®Ä²v¤ñ®É¯ß§@¬°«ü¼Ð§ó¬°·Ç½T¡A´£¥X®Ä²vµ¥©ó®É¯ß­¼¥H¨C¶g´Áªº«ü¥O³B²z¼Æ¥Ø¡A¨Ã¥HP-Rating¥N´À®É¯ß§@¬°³B²z¾¹ªº«¬¸¹¡Aªì®É¤H­Ì¹ïP-RatingÁÙ¤£¤Ó±µ¨ü¡A¦ý¦bAMD­W­W¸gÀç¤U¥ç¶}©l±o¨ì¤F»{¦P¡C Get my drift?
June 19, 2006 7:06:12 AM

Tough to argue with that caboose
June 19, 2006 7:29:40 AM

Quote:
These are really good test results. Not biased or anything. It is obvious, just look for yourself: §@¬°¥þ²y¥b¾ÉÅ骺ÀsÀY¡AIntel«Ü¤[¨S¦³¨ü¨ì¦p¦¹­«¤jªº«Â¯Ù¡A³ºÅýAMDªºK8¬[ºc³B²z¾¹·m¨«x86®à­±¥«³õ¤Î¦øªA¾¹¥«³õ¦û¦³²v¶W¹L2¦¨¥H¤W¡A¨s³ºIntel¦b¨ºùØ¥X²{°ÝÃD¤F!? ¦b¶Ç²Îªº³B²z¾¹¥«³õ¤W¡A®ø¶OªÌ³ßÅw¥H®É¯ß¨Ó¤À¿ë³B²z¾¹ªº®Ä¯à¡A®É¯ß¶V°ª®Ä¯à¶V¦n§Ï©»´N¬O©w²z¡A¦pªG¦b¬Û¦P·L¬[ºc¤U³o­Ó»¡ªk¨ÃµL¿ù»~¡A¦ý¦pªG¤ñ¸û¤£¦P·L¬[ºc²£«~¡A«o·|¥X²{ÄY­«ªº»~®t¡AµM¦Ó¦b¤éIntel¶¯ÅQ¥«³õªº¤é¤l¡A¤j³¡¥÷®ø¶OªÌ¤]¬O¨Ï¥Î¬Û¦Pªº²£«~¤U¡A®É¯ß«o¥¿¦n¬O³Ì²³æª½±µªº¤ñ¸û³æ¦ì¡C

©Î³Intel¤]©ú¥Õ¨ì´¶¹M¥Î®aªº¬Ýªk¡A¬G¦¹¦b2000¦~µo§G±Ä¥ÎNetburst·L¬[ºcªºIntel Pentium 4³B²z¾¹¡A©ú½T¦a³zÅS¤F°ª®É¯ß¬Fµ¦ªº¨ú¦V¡A¤j´T¦a¼W°ªPipeline StageÅý²£«~¾Ö¦³Àu¨qªº®É¯ß´£¤É¯à¤O¡AÁöµM¨ü¥~¬É§åµûNetburst¬[ºc¬O°ª®É¯ß§C®Ä¯àªº²£«~¡A¬Û«H­ì¦]¬O¤H­Ì§â¥¦©M±ß¤T¦~±À¥XªºAMD K8·L¬[ºc§@¤ñ¸û§a¡C¨ä¹ê¦b·í®É¨Ó»¡¡APentium 4µ´¹ï¬O¹º®É¥Nªº³]­p¡A¨Ò¦p¬°¤FÅýPentium 4³B²z¾¹¯àµ½¥Î¨ä¸ûªøªºPipeline Stage³]­p¡A¤j´T§ï¨}¤FBranch Prediction¡A¨äBranch Predictor¤ñ¤W¥NP6¬[ºc°ª¥X8­¿¹F4KB¡A¦ô­p¥i¥OBranch Prediction¥X¿ù´î¤Ö¹F1/3¡A­º¦¸¥[¤JTrace Cache³]­p¨ÃÀx¦s¤F12K¤w³Q¸Ñ½XªºMicro-Ops«ü¥O¡A¨ú¥N¶Ç²ÎL1 Cache³]­p´î¤Ö¤F¦b¹Bºâ»Ý­n¸Ñ½Xªº®É¶¡¡A¥ç¯àÁYµuBranch misprediction¥X²{ªº©µ»~¡A®e¶q¸û¤ÖªºL1 Cache³]­p¥ç¥O®Ö¤ß®É¯ß§ó©ö´£¤É¡C³¡¥÷®Ö¤ß³]­p±N¹B§@©ó®É¯ßªº¨â­¿¡A¨Ò¦p¨â²ÕFast Integer¡BInteger RF¡BBypress Network¡B¨ä¤¤¤@²ÕALU¤ÎAGU(Load &Store)µ¥µ¥¡A2000¦~Netburst¬[ºcªºPentium 4¾_¾Ù¤F¾ã­Ó·~¬É¡A¥O¹ï¤âAMD K7·L¬[ºc²£«~¨ü¨ìÄY®mÀ£¤O¡A¥u¯à¥H¸û§C·Gªº»ù®æ§@¥XÁ٧ܡC

µLºÃ²£¯à©M¥Í²£§Þ³Nµ´¹ï¬OIntelªº¶Ç²Î±j¶µ¡AAMD¦p«j±j¦a»PIntel¦b®É¯ß¤WÄvÁÉ¥u¬O¦Û´M¦º¸ô¡C¦]¦¹¡AAMD¿ï¾Ü¤F¦b·L¬[ºc¤W§@¥X§ï¨}¡A´£¤É¨C¶g´Áªº«ü¥O³B²z¼Æ¥Ø¡A¥i¬O¦b®É¯ßµ¥©ó®Ä¯àªº¶Ç²Î¥«³õ¤ßºA¡A­n§ïÅܳoºØ»~¸Ñ¥i»¡¬Oªñ¥G¤£¥i¯àªº¥ô°È¡CÁa¨Ï¦p¦¹¡AAMD¤]¥u¦³³o±ø°ß¤@³~®|©MIntel§Üª§¡A¥¦­Ì±j½ÕµÛ°õ¦æ®Ä²v¤ñ®É¯ß§@¬°«ü¼Ð§ó¬°·Ç½T¡A´£¥X®Ä²vµ¥©ó®É¯ß­¼¥H¨C¶g´Áªº«ü¥O³B²z¼Æ¥Ø¡A¨Ã¥HP-Rating¥N´À®É¯ß§@¬°³B²z¾¹ªº«¬¸¹¡Aªì®É¤H­Ì¹ïP-RatingÁÙ¤£¤Ó±µ¨ü¡A¦ý¦bAMD­W­W¸gÀç¤U¥ç¶}©l±o¨ì¤F»{¦P¡C Get my drift?

I understand, alot of people are having a hard time understanding these numbers so I will help you out...OK. 1=1, 2=2, and so on. It's hard but you can do it. :) 
June 19, 2006 7:34:16 AM

Quote:

Very similar to reading a PENTHOUSE magazine. I only look at the pictures. :wink: :D 
June 19, 2006 8:21:36 AM

Quote:

Very similar to reading a PENTHOUSE magazine. I only look at the pictures. :wink: :D 

Lol.... What pictures? It looks like the matrix to me.... with the occasional glimmer of something understandable...blah blah blah jibberish Intel blah blah jibberish AMD....
June 19, 2006 8:24:34 AM

Quote:

yeah?!?!?!?

what about the cache trashing? :roll:
June 19, 2006 8:28:37 AM

Quote:

Lol.... What pictures? It looks like the matrix to me.... with the occasional glimmer of something understandable...blah blah blah jibberish Intel blah blah jibberish AMD....The pictures and charts on the HKEPC website....not this jumbled up copy+paste. :) 
June 19, 2006 12:04:14 PM

I can read chinese. Wahahaha!
June 19, 2006 12:34:24 PM

What I don't understand is you posting this info as if we don't already know about it. :?
June 19, 2006 12:41:36 PM

Quote:
I can read chinese. Wahahaha!
Your evil.
June 19, 2006 3:11:02 PM

Quote:

Moo.
!