An aftertaste twitch?? Whats goin on??

bluntside

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
I'm playing games like CoD2 Battlefront2 San Andreas, Kotor2. After playing any games, after I exit the games, my computer screen starts to twiching, and I cant seem to make it go away.

LP DFI SLI-DR Expert
AMD+3700
X-fi xtreme music
Evga 7900gt
Neohe550 watt
2x 512 kingston pc 400

I'm sure its not a heating issue, but any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, my cpu runs on load @ 43c any my vga core at 38c under load.
My guess is the ram cuz its about 5 yrs old.

bluntside

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
This fact I know, buy In truth I personally believ that CRT are much more better for gaming and are cheaper, the only downfall are the weight and space it consumes, in other words, too bulky :twisted:

Mobius

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2002
OMG - ignorance is bliss isn't it?

Categorically: CRTS have much longer life spans than LCDs. The backlights in LCDs have a strictly limited lifetime. They drop off output at about 80% of their life and the quality of the image then degrades badly. Then the backlight fails and the screen is dead - and it is too expensive to replace an LCD backlight.

CRTs are superior in every regard for gaming. There is no part of any visual equation where LCDs are better than CRTs for gaming. None. Zero. Zip. Nada.

LCDs are getting BETTER - no doubt about it - but a good CRT stills kicks the living snot out of all but the most extremely expensive LCDs - and even then, they get they ass handed to them on a plate.

As to your "twitching" it seems like a video card issue.

Have you tried checking the refresh rate after exiting 3D mode? What is the screen refreshing at BEFORE and AFTER you play? Are you using any refresh rate forcing tool?

Have you tried switching resolutions when it gets twitchy? Does this affect it?

What happens when you run a DirectX test program like DXDIAG when the screen is twitchy? START --> RUN ---> DXDIAG. Does DXDIAG run successfully through all tests? What errors - if any are encountered.

Have you correctly installed the latest drivers for the video card?

Have you tried an older driver?

Report back soon.