HP Photosmart 2610, use both ethernet and USB

Hello,

I just purchased an HP Photosmart PSC 2610. I was wondering if I could
use both connections interfaces at the same time. In other words, I
have a network with other computers that I'd like to be able to use the
printing and scanning over ethernet. But the computer that's closest
to the printer - I want attached via USB so I could access any media
cards that are put in the printer. The instruction booklet says to
choose only one interface... Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks.

[This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article <1112548213.229052.154240@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
juicymixx@mailinator.com says...
> I just purchased an HP Photosmart PSC 2610. I was wondering if I could
> use both connections interfaces at the same time. In other words, I
> have a network with other computers that I'd like to be able to use the
> printing and scanning over ethernet. But the computer that's closest
> to the printer - I want attached via USB so I could access any media
> cards that are put in the printer. The instruction booklet says to
> choose only one interface... Anyone have any insight on this?

If it's anything like the 7310 my father bought, the card slots work
over the network, too.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross