Bluetooth Internet problems :-(

November 22, 2004 10:45:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

Hello all,

I have an iPaq 5455 with Pocket PC 2003 installed. I have a GPRS internet
connection set up with T-Mobile via Bluetooth to my phone. It all starts
out fine, I can connect to the Internet and check Email, newsgroups and
browse the Web. 3-5 minutes later it goes sour and I can no longer resolve
any sites. I get "Page not found" errors and/or "cannot connect to server".
I'm still trying to nail down the root cause of the disconnect, I don't have
any good TCP/IP diagnostic tools loaded to track down exactly what is going
wrong. The Bluetooth connection seems fine, both the phone and the PPC
still think they are connected together. The phone seems unable to provide
the routing however. I'm fairly sure the problem is on the PPC side since I
can connect my laptop through the same Bluetooth phone connection and stay
connected for over an hour without problems.

I'm getting ready to do a hard reset and re-install just the Bluetooth GPRS
connection and see if that fixes it, but am wondering if anyone out there
has any ideas I could try before I do that? If a hard reset does fix it I
will have to re-install everything, and that's a lot of trouble. I've
already had to do that a few times to fix weird problems and I'm getting a
little tired of it. Any PPC Doctor programs out there?

uray
Anonymous
November 23, 2004 10:00:24 AM

"uray" <remove-uray@att.net> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I have an iPaq 5455 with Pocket PC 2003 installed. I have a GPRS internet
> connection set up with T-Mobile via Bluetooth to my phone. It all starts
> out fine, I can connect to the Internet and check Email, newsgroups and
> browse the Web. 3-5 minutes later it goes sour and I can no longer
> resolve any sites. I get "Page not found" errors and/or "cannot connect
> to server". I'm still trying to nail down the root cause of the
> disconnect, I don't have any good TCP/IP diagnostic tools loaded to track
> down exactly what is going wrong. The Bluetooth connection seems fine,
> both the phone and the PPC still think they are connected together. The
> phone seems unable to provide the routing however. I'm fairly sure the
> problem is on the PPC side since I can connect my laptop through the same
> Bluetooth phone connection and stay connected for over an hour without
> problems.
>
> I'm getting ready to do a hard reset and re-install just the Bluetooth
> GPRS connection and see if that fixes it, but am wondering if anyone out
> there has any ideas I could try before I do that? If a hard reset does
> fix it I will have to re-install everything, and that's a lot of trouble.
> I've already had to do that a few times to fix weird problems and I'm
> getting a little tired of it. Any PPC Doctor programs out there?
>
> uray

Try running Welcome.exe on the PPC to reset Pocket IE and try this freeware
to check your routing http://www.cam.com/vxutil_pers.html

Brian
!