Tomer

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2004
Hey,

I finished connecting my new system a few days ago. I have an ASUS A8N5X mobo + AMD X2 DUAL 3800+. Anyways there are 3 fans, but I can only see the RPM for 1 of them, the other 2 show 0RPM.

The fan reading thats working is the chipset fan, the 2 that aren't working are the case fan and the CPU Fan...

I would really like to see those readings, anybody know what it's not reading it? Thanks!

- Tomer

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
Well, you could say that the sensors are bad, but the odds of two bad sensors? I think not. What does the bios say about the fan speed and temp? If you see all three reading happy there, your in good shape. Also so mobo's only have the abliity to read temps from the fan to the mobo, if you can see temps, then you have to assume that the fan is working at what ever RPM it is rated for, unless it's auto sensing.

Tomer

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2004
OK I got the CPU fan to show it's RPM, but still the regular fan isn't showing.

I think it's something with the connection, the fan has 3 wires, black+red are the power connected to the power supply, and a yellow one that has is connected to the CHA1_FAN socket.

There is a 3pin wire [looks the same as a fan connection] coming from the power supply currently not connected to anything, do I have to connect that too to the motherboard?

Thanks!
- Tomer

Herr_Fritz

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
The yellow is the RPM signal line. Some PSUs have a line so you can monitor its fan, some don't. Refer to your PSU documentation on that particular issue. Check the hardware monitor in the BIOS and see if it is reading the signal from the CHA1_FAN connector. You might want to check your mobo manual to see if the mobo reads all the RPM signals from all of the connectors. Some mobos only read certain connectors.