pikelsedlak

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
Hi, I have 2 Western Digital Caviar SE SATA HDDs, Windows XP, and an Asus KM400-MLV. I've always used one, but I bought another, the exact same one, and my motherboard has 2 SATA slots built in. I just plugged it in, and it began to load, but as Windows booted up (you know at the full screen logo with load bar), it was a faded color, and the loading bar would not move, then I get a blue screen saying something along the lines of new hardware unrecognised, please remove and try again. So, I boot up with my single drive, and it works fine. I just want to use both drives at the same time, I guess it's called raid. Please help!

pikelsedlak

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
**update**
I attempted to load just the new drive with the floppy driver, and windows XP, after going through it's whole sphele it says: "No massive storage device found. Please reboot and try again..." Please guys, I need help, and I've tried everything I know, it's been like hours... :cry:

Weirdo

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
I am sorry, maybe I missed it or something but are you installing windows or are you just booting it up from a prior install?