19" LCD New NEC & LG Available Suggestions?

sandman38

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2004
Hello All!

I have another question for you all and its about 19 inch LCD!

Best Buy in my area is now carrying the NEC, finally! Anyway I went down there to possibly buy one however I noticed this LG monitor right next to it. I think I liked the LG better because there was no glossy screen like there was with the NEC that was using their OptiClear cover or film over the screen. The stats that I have below are from the Best Buy web sight. Has anyone else out there seen this LG monitor or better does anyone out the have one? Please check out the stats and let me know what you all think.

Good to here from you all.

All the best. Sandman

NEC MultiSync GX² 19" Flat-Panel TFT-LCD Monitor $380.00

Model: 90GX2

Experience realistic gaming with this flat-panel 19" monitor with Dynamic Video Mode for real-time video optimization.

Ultrafast 4 ms response time
700:1 contrast ratio; 400 cd/m² brightness
1280 x 1024 maximum resolution @ 60 - 75Hz

Product Features
Digital (DVI) and 15-pin D-sub inputs; Ambix dual-input technology provides digital/analog compatibility with upgraded video cards and software, as well as connection to 2 systems

Super bright OptiClear DVM screen technology provides rich color saturation, remarkable clarity and true-to-life contrast

Dynamic Video Mode (DVM) enhances video and images with real-time optimization of brightness, color and contrast

Multidirectional Navikey allows for simple adjustment of screen settings; No Touch Auto Adjust reduces setup time and provides optimal image settings upon initial power on

Built-in USB 2.0 hub with 1 upstream and 4 downstream ports Digital on-screen image controls Wall-mountable with optional mounting kit (not included); only a 2.6" profile without base Height-adjustable stand adds flexibility and comfort to your viewing experience with swivel, tilt and cable management capabilities

ENERGY STAR compliance assures a high standard of energy efficiency
Product Details
Warranty Terms - Parts 3 years
Warranty Terms - Labor 3 years
Product Height 16" with stand (13.3" without stand)
Product Width 16.2"
Product Weight 14.3 lbs. with stand (10.6 lbs. without)
Product Depth 8" with stand (2.6" without)
Monitor Type Flat-panel LCD
Display Type LCD
Screen Size 19"
Viewable Screen Size 19"
Maximum Resolution 1280 x 1024
Native Resolution 1280 x 1024
Aspect Ratio 4:3
Response Time 4 ms
Brightness 400 cd/m5~
Dot Pitch 0.26mm
Flat Display Yes
TV Tuner No
TV/Cable Ready No
Picture-in-Picture No
Inputs 15-pin D-sub, DVI-D
Compatibility PC
Vertical Frequency 31.5 - 81.1kHz
Horizontal Frequency 56 - 75Hz
On-Screen Image Controls Yes

==================================

LG 19" Flat-Panel LCD Monitor $399.00

Model: L1970HR

The dual-hinge design of this sleek and slim LCD monitor lets you adjust the height so you can tackle work or advance to the next level of a game in comfort. The blazing fast 2 ms response time ensures sharp, clear images.

Ultrafast 2 ms response time
1600:1 contrast ratio; 300 cd/m² brightness
1280 x 1024 maximum resolution; 160° horizontal and vertical viewing angles

Product Details
Warranty Terms - Parts 3 years
Warranty Terms - Labor 3 years
Product Height 16.3"
Product Width 16.3"
Product Weight 11.9 lbs.
Product Depth 9.2"
Monitor Type Flat-panel LCD
Display Type LCD
Screen Size 19"
Viewable Screen Size 19"
Maximum Resolution 1280 x 1024
Aspect Ratio 4:3
Response Time 2 ms
Brightness 300 cd/m²
Contrast Ratio 1600:1
Dot Pitch 0.294mm
Flat Display Yes
TV Tuner No
TV/Cable Ready No
Picture-in-Picture No
Inputs DVI-D and analog (VGA)
Compatibility PC and Mac
Vertical Frequency 56-75Hz
Horizontal Frequency 30-83kHz
Outputs DVI

dragabain

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
If you narrowed it down to these two I'd go with the LG b/c of the higher contrat and faster response times. If you don't mind getting something else, go with a widescreen monitor, or one that could do more than 1280x1024.

Evad_jr

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
Anybody know who is making the LG monitor? It may be samsung, in which case I would reccomend it.

Hard to say without knowing somebody that owns it or at least knowing who made it for LG