Cdn Canon Ink Supply

Looking for comments from Canadians regarding suppiers of good quality
bulk inkjet inks (I have an older i860) that do indeed ship to
Canadian addresses. Through the group I've noted a few suppliers of
good quality ink (Formula labs), but they either don't ship to Canada
or are situated off continent. Are there any suppliers located within
Canada? I used to purchase ink for my old Lexmark from Image Control
out of Toronto. They used "Repeat-O-Type" inks. Actually worked
well. But I don't see much discussion around either of these
companies and, as such, am leery of using them for this printer.
--

Monroe
10 answers Last reply

    We ship to Canada - orders under US$100.00 ship for US$9.95 orders over
    US$100.00 ship free with coupon code posted here:

    http://www.weink.com/ecom/specials.htm

    We only use Formulab inks in the CRU cartridges, all the other products
    use our private label formulations sold under UltraFLO, Chromium,
    Endura, and EnChrome brand names.

    John Mills
    http://www.weink.com/

    Monroe wrote:

    >Looking for comments from Canadians regarding suppiers of good quality
    >bulk inkjet inks (I have an older i860) that do indeed ship to
    >Canadian addresses.

    Try AtlanticInkjet, which has a Canadian outlet on the east coast. They
    ship anywhere in Canada, I believe.

    http://www.atlanticinkjet.com/

    > Through the group I've noted a few suppliers of
    >good quality ink (Formula labs), but they either don't ship to Canada
    >or are situated off continent. Are there any suppliers located within
    >Canada?

    Yes, AtlanticInkjet uses Formulabs ink for Canon refill kits and bulk
    ink.

    Note that they DO NOT use Formulabs in their pre-filled third-party ink
    cartridges.

    I aso use Atlanticinkjet.com and i am very satisfied . Make sure to use the
    Canadian site.

    Monroe wrote:

    >Looking for comments from Canadians regarding suppiers of good quality
    >bulk inkjet inks (I have an older i860) that do indeed ship to
    >Canadian addresses. Through the group I've noted a few suppliers of
    >good quality ink (Formula labs),

    You must be talking of alotofcrap. Try 88inkjets.com for the same
    Formulabs. I think they ship to Canada but are located in the USA.

    >but they either don't ship to Canada
    >or are situated off continent. Are there any suppliers located within
    >Canada? I used to purchase ink for my old Lexmark from Image Control
    >out of Toronto. They used "Repeat-O-Type" inks. Actually worked
    >well. But I don't see much discussion around either of these
    >companies and, as such, am leery of using them for this printer.
    >--
    >
    >Monroe

    88inkjets is more expensive than weink or alotofthings - and with the same
    ink. I'm glad to see that weink sells formulabs filled carts for shipment
    to our Canadian brethern! Those who are in the US and read these posts
    should not be put off by Meesekite's negative comments about ALOTOFTHINGS
    (which he derisively misspells). He has never purchased from them or
    used aftermarket inks. I am not attesting to the quality of their product,
    either positive or negative, but there are posts from a few people on this
    NG that rate Alotofthings and their products very highly.

    > Monroe wrote:
    >
    >>Looking for comments from Canadians regarding suppiers of good quality
    >>bulk inkjet inks (I have an older i860) that do indeed ship to
    >>Canadian addresses. Through the group I've noted a few suppliers of
    >>good quality ink (Formula labs),
    > You must be talking of alotofcrap. Try 88inkjets.com for the same
    > Formulabs. I think they ship to Canada but are located in the USA.
    >
    >>but they either don't ship to Canada
    >>or are situated off continent. Are there any suppliers located within
    >>Canada? I used to purchase ink for my old Lexmark from Image Control
    >>out of Toronto. They used "Repeat-O-Type" inks. Actually worked
    >>well. But I don't see much discussion around either of these
    >>companies and, as such, am leery of using them for this printer.
    >>--
    >>
    >>Monroe

    *Spammer*

    Burt wrote:

    >88inkjets is more expensive than weink or alotofthings - and with the same
    >ink. I'm glad to see that weink sells formulabs filled carts for shipment
    >to our Canadian brethern! Those who are in the US and read these posts
    >should not be put off by Meesekite's negative comments about ALOTOFTHINGS
    >(which he derisively misspells).

    alotofcrap does not refer to what they sell (which can be bought
    elsewhere) and does not refer to their prices but it is representative
    of the company. That is my opinion. Their website does not show
    professionalism. It does show that they are running a nursery school.

    > He has never purchased from them or
    >used aftermarket inks. I am not attesting to the quality of their product,
    >either positive or negative, but there are posts from a few people on this
    >NG that rate Alotofthings and their products very highly.

    >>Monroe wrote:
    >>

    >>>Looking for comments from Canadians regarding suppiers of good quality
    >>>bulk inkjet inks (I have an older i860) that do indeed ship to
    >>>Canadian addresses. Through the group I've noted a few suppliers of
    >>>good quality ink (Formula labs),
    >>>

    >>You must be talking of alotofcrap. Try 88inkjets.com for the same
    >>Formulabs. I think they ship to Canada but are located in the USA.
    >>

    >>>but they either don't ship to Canada
    >>>or are situated off continent. Are there any suppliers located within
    >>>Canada? I used to purchase ink for my old Lexmark from Image Control
    >>>out of Toronto. They used "Repeat-O-Type" inks. Actually worked
    >>>well. But I don't see much discussion around either of these
    >>>companies and, as such, am leery of using them for this printer.
    >>>--
    >>>
    >>>Monroe

    I bought their inks for my Canon i960 and while they are ok for paper
    printing they give funny reddish tones to photos giving an unacceptable
    quality. Oh well buyer beware.

    GO.

    gary wrote:

    >I bought their inks for my Canon i960 and while they are ok for paper
    >printing they give funny reddish tones to photos giving an unacceptable
    >quality. Oh well buyer beware.

    Colour is rarely perfect with any inkjet printer. And a slight colour
    cast is not unexpected from third-party inks. Note that different papers
    will produce slightly different results too.

    But the cost savings is well worth the negligible work needed to fix the
    problem. A simple little tweak of the colour settings will permanently
    correct most colour issues.

    I suppose that is so, I just don't have the patience (time). The original
    inks produce a photo on Canon paper that is exceptionally stunning. The
    Atlantic Inkjet ink was far far off that mark. Maybe I should read my
    manual and see it I can adjust those colors so my family doesn't look
    sunburned.

    "Bill" <bill@c.a> wrote in message news:RI6dnaBcSbGLr87fRVn-rw@golden.net...
    > gary wrote:
    >
    >>I bought their inks for my Canon i960 and while they are ok for paper
    >>printing they give funny reddish tones to photos giving an unacceptable
    >>quality. Oh well buyer beware.
    >
    > Colour is rarely perfect with any inkjet printer. And a slight colour
    > cast is not unexpected from third-party inks. Note that different papers
    > will produce slightly different results too.
    >
    > But the cost savings is well worth the negligible work needed to fix the
    > problem. A simple little tweak of the colour settings will permanently
    > correct most colour issues.

Printers Canon Peripherals Product