I'm trying to hook up three GE Easycams to my computer using USB ports. I'm trying to use them as a poor man's baby monitor. Windows won't recognize more than one camera at a time. I get this error code:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
The cameras all appear in the device manager, but only one camera at a time will work. The other two have the yellow dot over them.
Can someone help me. I can't get much work done when I have to go see what my son is doing every five minutes.
I'm guessing there is an IRQ conflict. All three webcams may be trying to use the same IRQ.
1. Go to the Control Panel
2. double click on the System icon
3. Click the Hardware tab
4. Click the Device Manager button
5. Locate one of the webcams with the yellow star and exclamation mark. Double click it.
6. Click the Resource tab
7. Click the Set Configuration Manually button
8. Look for a free IRQ number and click it once to highlight it
9. Click the Change Setting... button
10. Scroll thru the list of IRQ numbers and note the Conflict Information text box. Select one that states "No devices are conflicting."
11. Click the OK button(s) to return to the Device Manager window
Hopefully that will take care of the problem.
If not, them look thru the manual to find out if it is possible to use more than 1 camera connected to the same PC.