Looking for analogue VoIP adapter with 4x FXS ports

Can anyone recommend an analogue VoIP adapter, like the Sipura 2100,
but that will accommodate 4 analogue handset (FXS) connections and 1
of more ethernet LAN connections. All to a single WAN connection to my
ADSL feed.

Tim
12 answers Last reply
More about looking analogue voip adapter ports

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:29:29 +0100, Peter
    <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote:

    >Can anyone recommend an analogue VoIP adapter, like the Sipura 2100,
    >but that will accommodate 4 analogue handset (FXS) connections and 1
    >of more ethernet LAN connections. All to a single WAN connection to my
    >ADSL feed.

    Mediatrix 1104
    Sergio Meinardi - Imperia
    AIP # 2271 www.aipnet.it

    >Mediatrix 1104
    >Sergio Meinardi - Imperia
    >AIP # 2271 www.aipnet.it

    Thanks, that would do the job but its very expensive. Do you know of
    any cheaper models available now or soon-to-be?

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:18:50 +0100, Peter
    <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote:

    >>Mediatrix 1104
    >
    >Thanks, that would do the job but its very expensive. Do you know of
    >any cheaper models available now or soon-to-be?

    Sorry. no.

    Sergio Meinardi - Imperia
    AIP # 2271 www.aipnet.it

    "Peter" <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote in message
    > >Mediatrix 1104
    > >Sergio Meinardi - Imperia
    > >AIP # 2271 www.aipnet.it
    >
    > Thanks, that would do the job but its very expensive. Do you know of
    > any cheaper models available now or soon-to-be?

    Two SPA-2000 plus any ADSL router... Should cost you less than $250.

    Enzo
  5. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    > Can anyone recommend an analogue VoIP adapter, like the Sipura 2100,
    > but that will accommodate 4 analogue handset (FXS) connections and 1
    > of more ethernet LAN connections. All to a single WAN connection to my
    > ADSL feed.

    Why not just get a cheap router from Best Buy (which can be had for around
    $20 or less depending on them model and available rebates) and two Linksys
    PAP2 adapters? The PAP2 go for about $60 each. An alternative to the PAP2
    would be the Sipura SPA2000. The whole set-up will give you four FXS
    connections and at least two LAN connections for under $150.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    Enzo Michelangeli wrote:
    > "Peter" <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote in message
    >>> Mediatrix 1104
    >>> Sergio Meinardi - Imperia
    >>> AIP # 2271 www.aipnet.it
    >>
    >> Thanks, that would do the job but its very expensive. Do you know
    >> of any cheaper models available now or soon-to-be?
    >
    > Two SPA-2000 plus any ADSL router... Should cost you less than $250.

    Provided you can get two independent devices with different IP addresses
    to co-exist behind a single router. I can't get two ATA's to work on the
    same system unless they are using fixed and separate IP addresses not NAT.

    Ivor
  7. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > Enzo Michelangeli wrote:
    >
    >>"Peter" <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote in message

    >>>Thanks, that would do the job but its very expensive. Do you know
    >>>of any cheaper models available now or soon-to-be?
    >>
    >>Two SPA-2000 plus any ADSL router... Should cost you less than $250.
    >

    > Provided you can get two independent devices with different IP addresses
    > to co-exist behind a single router. I can't get two ATA's to work on the
    > same system unless they are using fixed and separate IP addresses not NAT.
    >
    > Ivor

    I will bet that all AT (and ATA) handle TWO lines. Mine does; its a
    D-Link "DVG 1120M" and I have an extra one if anybody is interested.
  8. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > Enzo Michelangeli wrote:
    [...]
    > > Two SPA-2000 plus any ADSL router... Should cost you less
    > > than $250.
    >
    > Provided you can get two independent devices with different
    > IP addresses to co-exist behind a single router. I can't get
    > two ATA's to work on the same system unless they are using
    > fixed and separate IP addresses not NAT.

    Why not NAT? the Sipura devices work quite well behind them. Just use
    the NAT router in front of them to redirect two pairs of ports to
    different internal IP addresses. Symmetric RTP for SIP and static
    redirection of two separate ranges of ports for the media streams over
    RTP will also help.

    Or, in alternative to NAT, you may use siproxd
    (http://siproxd.sourceforge.net/ ) running on the router itself as
    middleman. The router may also be diskless: siproxd is available also
    as a package for OpenWRT, an embedded Linux distribution for Linksys
    WRT54GS:

    http://openwrt.org/
    http://nthill.free.fr/openwrt/tracker/packages/show.php?id=1912

    Enzo
  9. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    nospam@em.no-ip.com wrote:
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> Enzo Michelangeli wrote:
    > [...]
    >>> Two SPA-2000 plus any ADSL router... Should cost you less
    >>> than $250.
    >>
    >> Provided you can get two independent devices with different
    >> IP addresses to co-exist behind a single router. I can't get
    >> two ATA's to work on the same system unless they are using
    >> fixed and separate IP addresses not NAT.
    >
    > Why not NAT? the Sipura devices work quite well behind them. Just
    > use the NAT router in front of them to redirect two pairs of ports
    > to different internal IP addresses. Symmetric RTP for SIP and static
    > redirection of two separate ranges of ports for the media streams
    > over RTP will also help.

    I have tried. I just cannot get two independent ATA's to operate behind my
    router. It just doesn't work. A 2-port device such as the SPA-2000 works
    fine, and is what I use, but I am limited to two phone ports. I can't add
    any more as a 2nd ATA just *will not* work. I have tried everything,
    believe me, even changing routers.

    Ivor
  10. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    "Vox Humana" <vhumana@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<b_P7e.8346$qS4.824@fe2.columbus.rr.com>...
    > "Peter" <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone recommend an analogue VoIP adapter, like the Sipura 2100,
    > > but that will accommodate 4 analogue handset (FXS) connections and 1
    > > of more ethernet LAN connections. All to a single WAN connection to my
    > > ADSL feed.
    > >

    > Why not just get a cheap router from Best Buy (which can be had for around
    > $20 or less depending on them model and available rebates) and two Linksys
    > PAP2 adapters? The PAP2 go for about $60 each. An alternative to the PAP2
    > would be the Sipura SPA2000. The whole set-up will give you four FXS
    > connections and at least two LAN connections for under $150.

    ******* I found out DrayTek VoIP/ADSL Routers-Vigor2500V and
    Vigor2100V are most interesting for us.
    I think you can find DrayTek VoIP routers from www.draytek.us and
    www.voipsupply.com sites.
  11. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    you can use two of these clts

    Marco

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5786887222&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
    "Peter" <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote in message
    > Can anyone recommend an analogue VoIP adapter, like the Sipura 2100,
    > but that will accommodate 4 analogue handset (FXS) connections and 1
    > of more ethernet LAN connections. All to a single WAN connection to my
    > ADSL feed.
    >
    > Tim
  12. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    Check out www.xeloq.com - All service VoIP provider

    Henry

    "Marc Popek" <LVMarc@Att.Net> wrote in message
    > you can use two of these clts
    >
    > Marco

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5786887222&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
    > "Peter" <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone recommend an analogue VoIP adapter, like the Sipura 2100,
    > > but that will accommodate 4 analogue handset (FXS) connections and 1
    > > of more ethernet LAN connections. All to a single WAN connection to my
    > > ADSL feed.
    > >
    > > Tim

VPN VoIP Networking