XP Home - Admin & User account - can't logon

I can't logon via administrator or my user account.
When I click on the icon it says "loading personal
settings", flashes the wallpaper and then goes back
to the blue Windows logon screen and says "logging
off"
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Doug Dennis (djdennis at mts.net)
2 answers Last reply
More about home admin user account logon

    I forgot to mention that this occurred after running
    a norton antivirus scan (and deleting some files) as
    well as Adaware and deleting some files.
    Doug

    System Restore time???

    You did set a restore point and back up at least your system settings before
    deleting files . . .?

    > I forgot to mention that this occurred after running
    > a norton antivirus scan (and deleting some files) as
    > well as Adaware and deleting some files.
    > Doug

Wallpaper Microsoft Windows XP