Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Microsoft Releases Windows RT Hardware Compatibility List

Last response: in News comments
November 1, 2012 7:27:46 PM

I love how MS is the 1st to drop their own products. Happened with their joysticks back in the day. And their routers... And now their webcams...
Score
November 1, 2012 7:31:00 PM

Zak, this article is about Microsoft, not Apple. Did someone else's assignment get lost in your inbox? :lol: 
Score
Related resources
November 1, 2012 7:32:31 PM

jacobdrjI love how MS is the 1st to drop their own products. Happened with their joysticks back in the day. And their routers... And now their webcams...

...forgot the WP7 devices.

So what is this, a BYOD type of thing? That would be cool if it were so (kinda like how Windows works).
Score
November 1, 2012 8:00:01 PM

Support for the 360 controllers is a great touch; I hope some of the game devs make use of it :) 
Score
November 1, 2012 8:46:35 PM

jacobdrjI love how MS is the 1st to drop their own products. Happened with their joysticks back in the day. And their routers... And now their webcams...

Who is to say that they won't eventually work?
Score
November 1, 2012 8:46:59 PM

P.s. It's hardly critical for a webcam to work when... the device itself has... a webcam.
Score
November 1, 2012 9:09:56 PM

I really needed this on my Surface Microsoft! Support for a wired Webcam to replace my built in Webcam.

Thanks for not wasting my storage on pointless drivers Microsoft... I really wanted to lock out a few MBs on my device. Damn you MICROSOFT!
Score
November 1, 2012 10:26:20 PM

Hehe... now lets get into custom-built tablets. :D 
Score
November 1, 2012 11:21:08 PM

bloc97Hehe... now lets get into custom-built tablets.

Not sue if I'd be happy or disappointed about that, given how long many have been waiting for real aftermarket customization of notebooks. But, I suppose it wouldn't be terrible - having options can very rarely be bad. However, I expect this is more for repair purposes than custom building.
Score
November 1, 2012 11:26:21 PM

So am I missing something or did they just write a story about a hardware compatibility list and fail to include a link to the list... this site is total fail about 99% of the time...
Score
November 2, 2012 12:24:55 AM

xendromeHere's the link - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/win [...] enter/Home
Thanks. I scanned the article a couple of times before realizing he didn't post the link to the compatibility list.

:/ 
Score
November 2, 2012 6:59:20 AM

xendromeSo am I missing something or did they just write a story about a hardware compatibility list and fail to include a link to the list... this site is total fail about 99% of the time...

Mostly just the Zak/Wolfgang articles are of the fail variety. At times Kevin Parish. Jane and Catherine write well...so does Doug. I think i'm missing someone.

The core hardware editors are simply badass :D 
Score
November 2, 2012 10:24:36 AM

When you see another TABLET OS comes with comparable list of supported hardwares, then we'll talk.
Score
!