Does windows recognize my 137+ GB Hard Drive?

Aarames

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
How do I know if Windows is properly recognizing my 160 GB Hard Drive? The BIOS looks like it is recognizing, and when I am in Windows and check under My Computer, it looks like all the partitions I created are there.

The HDD is a Maxtor DiamondMax 10. I know in the past Maxtor recommended running their MaxBlast utility for Windows to change a registry setting that enabled Windows to recognize a HDD bigger than 137 GB, but I wasn't sure this would still apply today.

pat

Expert
How do I know if Windows is properly recognizing my 160 GB Hard Drive? The BIOS looks like it is recognizing, and when I am in Windows and check under My Computer, it looks like all the partitions I created are there.

The HDD is a Maxtor DiamondMax 10. I know in the past Maxtor recommended running their MaxBlast utility for Windows to change a registry setting that enabled Windows to recognize a HDD bigger than 137 GB, but I wasn't sure this would still apply today.

ok.. so what are you trying to fix?

samir_nayanajaad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006

ok.. so what are you trying to fix?

well I think he just needs a thumbs up to tell him he is ok.

however all you need to do is add up the total space of all your partitons and if they add up to more than 137gb your good to go, however if they dont add up right you can just install sp2 for windows and your good to go for windows recognizing more than 137gb hdd