internet explorer / quick books

When I try to open quickbooks I receive a message saying
I need internet explorer 6.0 or newer. I have it. I have
tried reloading quickbooks no luck. Quickbooks technical
says it has to do with internet explorer. Any ideas

"Alan C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:39af01c4a358$ea0b11a0$a601280a@phx.gbl:
> When I try to open quickbooks I receive a message saying
> I need internet explorer 6.0 or newer. I have it. I have
> tried reloading quickbooks no luck. Quickbooks technical
> says it has to do with internet explorer. Any ideas

Visit some browser security test sites to see if they can detect your
browser version and note what version they report. If they detect and
report MSIE version 6.0 then the problem is with QuickBooks.

Some browser test sites:
http://bcheck.scanit.be/bcheck/
http://browsercheck.qualys.com/index.php
http://www.verisign.com/advisor/check.html

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 16:39:35 -0700, Alan C wrote:

> When I try to open quickbooks I receive a message saying
> I need internet explorer 6.0 or newer. I have it. I have
> tried reloading quickbooks no luck. Quickbooks technical
> says it has to do with internet explorer. Any ideas

None. If you're using XP, you have IE6. Open IE and click on Help> About to
double check the version that's in use. Quickbooks is not identifying your
browser correctly. I would kick this back to their technical support to
find out why it is being mis-identified if I were you.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Error "This version of QuickBooks requires Internet Explorer 6.0":
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/ie/qbooks.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"Alan C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
When I try to open quickbooks I receive a message saying
I need internet explorer 6.0 or newer. I have it. I have
tried reloading quickbooks no luck. Quickbooks technical
says it has to do with internet explorer. Any ideas

My guess is this is lack of regression testing and takes place on Win2K.
A little sleuthing and a small batch file solved the problen for me.
Just copy the and paste into notepad. Save the file as FixQuick.bat and
run. Watch your problems melt away!

@echo off
REM NAME: FixQuick.bat
REM PURPOSE: Get around a bug that cause the false error:
REM This version of Quickbooks requires Microsoft
REM Internet Explorer 6.0 or later

REM NOTE 1: You will require Power User or Administrator rights
REM for this file to execute successfully

REM NOTE 2: If QuickBooks or Internet Explorer are not installed in
REM the default directories you will need to alter the paths
REM that are shown below

REM BY: Al Weisenborn (qlw@qsrhelp.com)
REM DATE: 1/7/04

REM Add the the Qucibooks path to registry
REM

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
Paths\iexplore.exe"
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
Paths\iexplore.exe" /v "" /t REG_SZ /d "c:\program files\Internet
Explorer"

REM Start QuickBooks 2005
REM
"C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2005\QBW32Pro.exe"

REM Get rid of the registry setting because it will cause
REM Explorer to open instead of internet explore
REM
reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
Paths\iexplore.exe" /f

--
alw@qsrhelp,com

BTW, IExplore.exe App Paths in 8.3 format is the actual cause.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User