Configure ATA 186 for use with ALTIGEN system

I have an ALTIGEN 5.0 phone system with IP extensions only. So I want
to use the ATA 186 and hook up a fax machine.

I bought an ATA from CISCO and got the H323 image loaded but now i am
stuck. I have no clue how to configure the zillion parameters so the
altigen system recognizes the device. Altigen support have not been
much help.

Has anyone done this ? any help appreciated.

Rodman
3 answers Last reply
More about configure altigen system

    I am in the same boat. I don't have the Altigen VoIP card installed yet,
    but I am gearing up for it. The technician is installing the card
    tomorrow. I have 2 Cisco ATA 186 boxes ready to configure.

    So far I have configured the two boxes with the latest h.323 image (3.1.2)
    and assigned static IP addresses (for testing). I then went into the
    config page (http://ww.xx.yy.zz/dev) and set the UID0 field as 4000 on one
    box, and 4001 on the other. I am able to call the other phone directly
    using the following syntax: 4001**w*x*y*z# where wxyz represents the ip
    address.

    The next step is to configure the boxes to register with the altigen
    server as the gatekeeper and gateway.

    Hope this helps. Share your experiences too! I am still working on this.

    -Brad

    -------------------------------------

    http://www.cabling-design.com/forums

    --
    brjsm

    I have successfully set up the Altigen VoIP card, and I have 2 altigen
    IP phones that can make and receive calls. I have successfully
    registered the Cisco ATA 186 with the Altigen system as the gatekeeper.
    The Cisco ATA box can make calls to just about anywhere, but it cannot
    receive calls from anywhere. I have .cap files from ethereal and log
    files from debug mode (cisco's prserv.exe debug tool). If anyone is
    interested in this issue, let me know at brad.smith@realbranding.com

    Brad Smith
    Systems Administrator

    --