Sign in with
Your question

Just got stuff in today ... NEW QUESTION! (usb)

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Dual Channel
  • DIMM
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
June 20, 2006 8:02:32 PM

Hello

I just had question

To run memory in dual channel both sticks MUST be on same colors?

In the K9N Platinum booklet it says that place 1 stick in DIMM 1, then place another stick in DIMM 3 to run in dual channel... I asked my friend he said both must be in same color DIMM.

Also is there anyway to make sure I'm running in dual core through some software? Like CPU-Z? Will that tell me if I'm running in dual channel for sure?

More about : stuff today question usb

June 20, 2006 8:06:02 PM

Quote:
Hello

I just had question

In the K9N Platinum booklet it says that place 1 stick in DIMM 1, then place another stick in DIMM 3 to run in dual channel... I asked my friend he said both must be in same color DIMM.

Also is there anyway to make sure I'm running in dual core through some software? Like CPU-Z? Will that tell me if I'm running in dual channel for sure?

Follow the motherboard manual. Usually for dual channel to work both banks (like 1 and 3) must be populated. Your BIOS information screen as the computer boots should note if you are in dual channel mode or not. CPU-Z will only tell you on the Memory tab if your RAM is dual or single.
June 20, 2006 8:41:49 PM

Quote:

That's awesome, first mb i've seen where slot 1 and 2 are the same color (green) and slot 3 and 4 are the same (orange).

Usually the 1 and 3 have same color (blue on mine). Then 2 and 4 are same (black on mine).

In your case follow the mb manual where it says use 1 and 3. That means one orange and one green, use the left most one of each color (took a peak at the manual and it sucks imho).
Related resources
June 20, 2006 8:52:04 PM

Jsut stick 'em in the same colours and you will be fine, trust me.
These things I know, just be shure they run at the same speeds :twisted:
June 20, 2006 9:20:56 PM

Quote:
Jsut stick 'em in the same colours and you will be fine, trust me.
These things I know, just be shure they run at the same speeds

Obviously you don't know what you are talking about. Don't give him advise if you haven't checked it first. DO NOT USE TWO IN THE SAME COLOR, follow the manual which calls for slots 1 and 3, they are different colors.

http://quickload.hostingvision.com/images/45947250_K9N-Platinum.jpg

Picture of motherboard

http://quickload.hostingvision.com/viewer.php?id=8578msi skematic.JPG

Picture of motherboard with labels.

As you can see the colors for slot 1 and 3 DO NOT MATCH!!

Bluntside, download and read the manual for that motherboard!!
June 21, 2006 6:02:03 PM

Ok I fixed that, it was in single channel in same colors

Another question...

I can't find usb drivers, i installed everything else and everything else works except usb driver.

Can someone help me out please
June 21, 2006 6:23:28 PM

never mind.. i got them working!! everything works now my new rig is ready to roll

off to gaming
!