Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

What sort of controllers are people using? I use a Logitech FFB Wingman
Force 3D, but was wondering about controllers with rudder pedals instaed of
a twistie joystick. Are these controllers any good? and what vare good ones
to get?
My local computer store only has controllers with a brake pedal and an
accelerater pedal, and these mainly all have a steering wheel, which doesn't
quite look right on an aircraft.
Cheers,
Chris

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Chris wrote:

> What sort of controllers are people using? I use a Logitech FFB Wingman
> Force 3D, but was wondering about controllers with rudder pedals instaed of
> a twistie joystick. Are these controllers any good? and what vare good ones
> to get?
> My local computer store only has controllers with a brake pedal and an
> accelerater pedal, and these mainly all have a steering wheel, which doesn't
> quite look right on an aircraft.
> Cheers,
> Chris

Doesn't look right and has no brakes. But works beautifully in FS9.
When I get my new desk set up I'll even mount the steering wheel and do
some driving sims too. I bought F1 Formula somethingortheother when I
got the computer and haven't installed it yet.

Just be sure, when using the car pedal set, not to push both at the same
time.

PS... Using the CH Yoke to fly helicopters is much like flying the Bell
206 with force trim engaged. You can trim it out nicely. I fly every
thing with the yoke now. It's no different than flying a C-150 with a
joystick.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

> What sort of controllers are people using? I use a Logitech FFB Wingman
> Force 3D, but was wondering about controllers with rudder pedals instaed
> of a twistie joystick. Are these controllers any good? and what vare good
> ones to get?
> My local computer store only has controllers with a brake pedal and an
> accelerater pedal, and these mainly all have a steering wheel, which
> doesn't quite look right on an aircraft.
> Cheers,
> Chris

I use the Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS that has been heavily modded, along with
12 year old Thrustmaster rudder pedals (the original gold ones) I used to
have a CH Yoke and plan to buy another one soon, will also be buying new
rudder pedals with toe brakes (Simped F16+) later this year.

Cheers.

Colin

I use the pedals from a Logitech steering wheel for rudder pedals but a
Logitech force feedback joystick for throttle, elevator and aileron.
Means I spend some time mapping the two controllers but well worth it.
There is no way I can justify what proper pedals would cost, and with
shoes one there's very little difference this way. (Brake is squarer
than accelerator on the wheel so that's not quite right but its
definitely close enough).

Incidentally I found it near impossible to pass the private pilot
checkride till I turned the force feedback off. It's not quite
"accurate" enough and you tend to get jostled. Then again I normally
fly with the force feedback right up so I can feel the bumps on the
ground at takeoff and landing.

Chris wrote:
> What sort of controllers are people using? I use a Logitech FFB Wingman
> Force 3D, but was wondering about controllers with rudder pedals instaed of
> a twistie joystick. Are these controllers any good? and what vare good ones
> to get?
> My local computer store only has controllers with a brake pedal and an
> accelerater pedal, and these mainly all have a steering wheel, which doesn't
> quite look right on an aircraft.
> Cheers,
> Chris

GREGORY

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 15:03:17 +1000, "Chris" <here@there.com.au>
brought the following to our attention:

>What sort of controllers are people using? I use a Logitech FFB Wingman
>Force 3D, but was wondering about controllers with rudder pedals instaed of
>a twistie joystick. Are these controllers any good? and what vare good ones
>to get?
>My local computer store only has controllers with a brake pedal and an
>accelerater pedal, and these mainly all have a steering wheel, which doesn't
>quite look right on an aircraft.
>Cheers,
>Chris

MS Sidewinder Precision 2 stick.. the non-FFB version. But MS has
discontinued it controllers haven't they? Also have CH yoke and
pedals (Gameport) which are boxed up and not in use. Sometimes use
the pedals with the MS stick. Also have a CH mini-stick for the
Spoilers.. must use FSUIPC to calibrate and scale it's output however.
It's such a neat little gizmo that we'll have another look at it!!

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/CH-Mach-II.jpg

-Gregory

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"boB" <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote in message
> Chris wrote:
>
>> What sort of controllers are people using? I use a Logitech FFB Wingman
>> Force 3D, but was wondering about controllers with rudder pedals instaed
>> of a twistie joystick. Are these controllers any good? and what vare good
>> ones to get?
>> My local computer store only has controllers with a brake pedal and an
>> accelerater pedal, and these mainly all have a steering wheel, which
>> doesn't quite look right on an aircraft.
>> Cheers,
>> Chris
>
> Doesn't look right and has no brakes. But works beautifully in FS9. When I
> get my new desk set up I'll even mount the steering wheel and do some
> driving sims too. I bought F1 Formula somethingortheother when I got the
> computer and haven't installed it yet.
>
> Just be sure, when using the car pedal set, not to push both at the same
> time.
>
> PS... Using the CH Yoke to fly helicopters is much like flying the Bell
> 206 with force trim engaged. You can trim it out nicely. I fly every
> thing with the yoke now. It's no different than flying a C-150 with a
> joystick.
>
> --
>
> boB,
> SAG 70
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

I have hooked up my Logitech FFB steering wheel and pedals to the sim in the
past and it worked fine except "How do I go up and down? lol"
There is no axis for the elevators..................

Bryan