telnet client

This might be a stupid question, but here goes. A few
months ago I hit something and now at startup I get a
half page bringing up my telnet client window. I can exit
the window and it doesnt hurt anything, but I was
wondering what its for and how to stop it from popping
up. Please tell me how. Thanks

dude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The Telnet program runs on your computer and connects
your PC to a server on the network. You can then enter
commands through the Telnet program and they will be
executed as if you were entering them directly on the
server console. This enables you to control the server
and communicate with other servers on the network. To
start a Telnet session, you must log in to a server by
entering a valid username and password. Telnet is a
common way to remotely control Web servers. So if you are
not using a server i would just disable the service ,
right click My Computer , then click manage , then expand
the pulse sign at Services and Applications , then click
Services , local Telnet and right click , then click
properties , then look at the startup type and select
disable , click apply , then ok and you can restart if
you like ....