wierd printing problem w/canon I9900

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 4, 2005 12:26:25 AM

This one has me scratching my head. When I print a web page, the
colors come out fine. When I print a test page, the colors come out
fine.

when I print a photo or print anything really, using photo paper glossy
or even canon photo paper plus, the print comes up entirely too red and
like its zoomed it a bit...very grainy. Using Canon easy photo print
or adobe photo shop lite....

I have deleted the print drivers and reload the print drivers but to no
avail.

strange strange problem.

Mango
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 12:40:01 PM

"Mango" <mangomasher@charter.net> wrote in message

> when I print a photo or print anything really, using photo paper glossy
> or even canon photo paper plus, the print comes up entirely too red and
> like its zoomed it a bit...very grainy. Using Canon easy photo print
> or adobe photo shop lite....

Web pages (and some other images) can be printed
WYSIWYG as you already know.
Photos coded on disk as JPG, TIF etc. requiire more
elaborate handling, usually by special graphic software:
(a) Gamma settings, adjustable after installation of
the software (for colour, printer, paper, etc.)
(b) Dot density of the printout (graininess).
It looks as if you configured neither.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Yes, I have been using the "special" software. However, for some
reason, when I use photo paper the print comes out with a reddish cast.

I'm asking if anyone has had the same problem?. When I print a
picture on paper it comes out fine, reddish cast when printed on photo
paper.

thanks.

Mango
!