Canon IP4000. What if I forget to open the cover ?

If I forget to open the cover to let the paper out, would it detect it
or would it jam the printer ? Any idea ? Don't want to try myself.
Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about canon ip4000 forget open cover

    It would not print.

    dingdongdingding@yahoo.com wrote:

    >If I forget to open the cover to let the paper out, would it detect it
    >or would it jam the printer ? Any idea ? Don't want to try myself.
    >Thanks.

    ???

    I suggest trying to remember to open the tray up before printing. ;-)

    Art

    In article <u8a4e.171170$fc4.142374@edtnps89>, artistic@telus.net says...

    > ???
    >
    > I suggest trying to remember to open the tray up before printing. ;-)
    >
    > Art

    The printer will not print if the door is closed.
    You will get a message from the printer driver telling you about it.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > If I forget to open the cover to let the paper out, would it detect it
    > or would it jam the printer ? Any idea ? Don't want to try myself.
    > Thanks.

    It's clever - an error message comes up before it starts to print telling
    you to open the cover.

Printers Canon Peripherals