Canon IP4000. What if I forget to open the cover ?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 4, 2005 3:51:00 AM

If I forget to open the cover to let the paper out, would it detect it
or would it jam the printer ? Any idea ? Don't want to try myself.
Thanks.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 11:23:14 AM

It would not print.

dingdongdingding@yahoo.com wrote:

>If I forget to open the cover to let the paper out, would it detect it
>or would it jam the printer ? Any idea ? Don't want to try myself.
>Thanks.

Anonymous
April 4, 2005 4:10:02 PM

???

I suggest trying to remember to open the tray up before printing. ;-)

Art

dingdongdingding@yahoo.com wrote:

> If I forget to open the cover to let the paper out, would it detect it
> or would it jam the printer ? Any idea ? Don't want to try myself.
> Thanks.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 4, 2005 4:10:03 PM

In article <u8a4e.171170$fc4.142374@edtnps89>, artistic@telus.net says...

> ???
>
> I suggest trying to remember to open the tray up before printing. ;-)
>
> Art

The printer will not print if the door is closed.
You will get a message from the printer driver telling you about it.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

<dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> If I forget to open the cover to let the paper out, would it detect it
> or would it jam the printer ? Any idea ? Don't want to try myself.
> Thanks.

It's clever - an error message comes up before it starts to print telling
you to open the cover.
!