White spots on my prints?

I have an Epson Stylus Color 880 which has given me an excellent service
until recently I noticed white spots appearing on my prints.
Very obvious against a dark background.
Is there a requirement to clean the printer and if so how is it done?

Blair

Blair, please send me a scan of the problem print (a sample area about
2x2" would be fine, scanned at 300 dpi and jpegged to high quality).

If I can see the problem you are describing, I can more accurately
diagnose the likely cause and solution.

Art

Blair Malcolm wrote:

> I have an Epson Stylus Color 880 which has given me an excellent service
> until recently I noticed white spots appearing on my prints.
> Very obvious against a dark background.
> Is there a requirement to clean the printer and if so how is it done?
>
> Blair

Did you receive my message Arthur?
Blair

"Blair Malcolm" <pabm@brachd.fsnet.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> Thanks for your help. I have attached a small portion of the enlarged
photo.
> The white spots showed up particularly against the blue jersey.
> Perhaps my printer needs a blow through to get rid of dust.
> My wife is always complaining about my study being full of dust!
> Blair
>

> "Arthur Entlich" <artistic@telus.net> wrote in message
> > Blair, please send me a scan of the problem print (a sample area about
> > 2x2" would be fine, scanned at 300 dpi and jpegged to high quality).
> >
> > If I can see the problem you are describing, I can more accurately
> > diagnose the likely cause and solution.
> >
> > Art
> >
> > Blair Malcolm wrote:
> >
> > > I have an Epson Stylus Color 880 which has given me an excellent
service
> > > until recently I noticed white spots appearing on my prints.
> > > Very obvious against a dark background.
> > > Is there a requirement to clean the printer and if so how is it done?
> > >
> > > Blair

Hi Blair,

I did, and I replied to you privately with my opinion of the cause.
Hopefully, you have received that by now. I asked for a bit more
information as well.

Art