Replacement video card fan recommendations

Arlee

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
I have an Asus 9800XT video card that I'm not quite ready to upgrade but its been overheating recently. I want to replace the fan, but not quite sure what fan would be the best/easiest to use as a replacement.

I have heard of some issues with the Arctic Cooling fans, due to a different power connector or something on the Asus card.

Any help you guys can offer would be most appreciated.

Charlie

cleeve

Illustrious
Cheap heatpipe cooler like the KuFormula VF1 Plus should fit, and cool it like the shiznit.

Zalman VF700 or VF900 should work well too, if they fit ( I believe they do).

Fagaru

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
hmm well i suggest the fanless zalman cooler, my bro had it on his 9800pro and it worked sweet, now its on my 9600xt and its better than the stock and its fanless! it makes zero noise, nada, zip, zero! great cooler, and it looks cool!

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
hmm well i suggest the fanless zalman cooler, my bro had it on his 9800pro and it worked sweet, now its on my 9600xt and its better than the stock and its fanless! it makes zero noise, nada, zip, zero! great cooler, and it looks cool!

What's it called?

TedMC

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
WOW...lol its called the ZM80D-HP....dual heatpipe. I have an extra sealed one I bought at the same time I bought the 900...
The 900 was quiet enough for my X800PRO so I never used the ZM80...drop me a pm if you want it for cheap...I bought it from Sharka

I have an Asus 9800XT video card that I'm not quite ready to upgrade but its been overheating recently. I want to replace the fan, but not quite sure what fan would be the best/easiest to use as a replacement.

I have heard of some issues with the Arctic Cooling fans, due to a different power connector or something on the Asus card.

Any help you guys can offer would be most appreciated.

Charlie

I'm using two of these (the cheaper aluminum/copper version) on my SLI setup. Cools better than expected, I plan to buy more of these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118117