Coolaler is playing with a sample of Kensfield

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
June 21, 2006 12:10:00 PM

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

I want one! :twisted:
Related resources
June 21, 2006 12:14:35 PM

You know what this means? Sharikou and one of MMM's Aliases will be back, and spouting out FUD. I'm sure they'll find something to pick apart. Maybe Mem timings. :wink:
June 21, 2006 12:34:06 PM

We do not speak of "it" anymore for it is forbidden to do so. Just call him "it" otherwise (I can't remember his name) he will fine you for a dollar.
June 21, 2006 1:08:40 PM

Quote:
We do not speak of "it" anymore for it is forbidden to do so. Just call him "it" otherwise (I can't remember his name) he will fine you for a dollar.
Wusy
June 21, 2006 1:33:32 PM

Just look at that deadly Cinebench... 1347... (=19 sec)...
June 21, 2006 2:23:47 PM

Quote:
You know what this means? Sharikou and one of MMM's Aliases will be back, and spouting out FUD. I'm sure they'll find something to pick apart. Maybe Mem timings. :wink:

I always visit their blogs every couple days to see what new Marketing fiction they read in their alphabet soup, and to see the comments too, always a good laugh and alot of head shaking.
June 21, 2006 2:51:56 PM

does anyone else have a hard time getting on that site?
June 21, 2006 3:23:47 PM

I was getting on it fine untill The Inquirer posted an article about it and linked to the thread.

Since then, its been slow, but i 'm still getting it to load though.
June 21, 2006 3:45:19 PM

Well, there are 3492 trillion people rushing that site =)
June 21, 2006 3:50:23 PM

Quote:
Well, there are 3492 trillion people rushing that site =)

What planet are you from? :lol: 
June 21, 2006 3:53:11 PM

why does INTEL always boast with their future products??????????!!!!!!!!!!!! why can't they boast with their present products just like AMD does?????? I mean we never heared anyone say they tested the AMD Opteron 295 for example!!!!!
June 21, 2006 4:00:50 PM

Quote:
why does INTEL always boast with their future products??????????!!!!!!!!!!!! why can't they boast with their present products just like AMD does?????? I mean we never heared anyone say they tested the AMD Opteron 295 for example!!!!!

AMD was boasting when K8 was comming out, this round Intel is the one with the killer chip (and it will be brutal).

I think these OC'ers are getting chips from firms that are testing platforms for intel, probably system builders. i also have no doubt that Intel is happy that they are building the hype and anticipation for these cpus, intel is getting the same priceless grassroot nerd following that made AMD what it is today.

the personal nerd in the family or neighboorhood rules all tech decisions, and if they are now on intel's side like they were (and still are) on AMD's side, only good things can happen.
June 21, 2006 4:03:12 PM

Quote:

Have you ever heard of Obsession?
June 21, 2006 6:05:54 PM

The perfume?
June 22, 2006 12:17:25 AM

Quote:

Word.
June 22, 2006 12:18:29 AM

Quote:

Moo.
June 22, 2006 11:27:37 AM

Yes, you are the one example.
June 22, 2006 12:07:48 PM

Well, find an Opteron 295 and I'm sure someone will be happy to test it.
I get the impression that Intel is much more liberal with its chips than AMD, I don't really recall seeing many AM2 Engineering Samples out in the wild.
June 22, 2006 12:41:06 PM

8mb of cache!!?? lol
As long as they keep dumping cache into their crap, it should perform better than...well....crap. Apparently they felt Cornrow needs 4mb to outpace the FX.
June 22, 2006 1:05:02 PM

Ok. That's IT! You dissed Conroe. I took it like a man. You dissed Intel. I took it like a man. But YOU. HAD. TO. BRING. MY. HAIR. INTO. THIS. NOW y'all going down. Just because I'm Asian doesn't mean cornrows don't suit me ok? YOU ARE GOING DOWN!
June 22, 2006 1:07:32 PM

Quote:
8mb of cache!!?? lol
As long as they keep dumping cache into their crap, it should perform better than...well....crap. Apparently they felt Cornrow needs 4mb to outpace the FX.

Almost as if on que
June 22, 2006 1:24:14 PM

Did you know that Windsor was stomped badly?
June 22, 2006 1:43:34 PM

Quote:
Ok. That's IT! You dissed Conroe. I took it like a man. You dissed Intel. I took it like a man. But YOU. HAD. TO. BRING. MY. HAIR. INTO. THIS. NOW y'all going down. Just because I'm Asian doesn't mean cornrows don't suit me ok? YOU ARE GOING DOWN!

Dat's prettyfukin' hilarious.

How long will you be here?
June 22, 2006 5:14:32 PM

Quote:
8mb of cache!!?? lol

Almost as if on queYep. She steps in every day, just long enough to spread her FUD, then disappears before she can argue her issue. Typical Fanboy/girl. :roll:
June 22, 2006 5:23:12 PM

Quote:
8mb of cache!!?? lol
Number one . It IS performing better than....well....crap=K8. Number 2. You have your blinders on again. Even the 2MB <2.4Ghz Conroes are competing with FX62...at a rather large frequency disadvantage. Once again, you've contributed "IMMENSELY" to the forums....Ummm NOT!! :roll:
a b à CPUs
June 22, 2006 5:58:29 PM

it is because she isnt intelligent enough to make a coherent argument. FUD is all she is capable of posting.
June 22, 2006 6:20:57 PM

Quote:
8mb of cache!!?? lol

And, AMD felt that they needed an ODMC to compete with NetBurst...
June 22, 2006 7:18:53 PM

Quote:
8mb of cache!!?? lol

And, AMD felt that they needed an ODMC to compete with NetBurst...They also feel they need 2P to outpace Conroe(4x4). Now who looks desperate? :?
June 22, 2006 8:30:28 PM

Quote:

Moo.

Why is it that every post you make is always one word, either moo or word or the picture of that cat, do you not have anything to contribute.
June 22, 2006 11:14:15 PM

Quote:
crap.

Aren't you running a Sempron? Nuff said.
June 22, 2006 11:31:22 PM

Quote:
8mb of cache!!?? lol

Seems more cache is doing more for Intel than IMC for AMD at this point, so who really has the crap?

Moo.
June 22, 2006 11:49:12 PM

Quote:
8mb of cache!!?? lol

Replace outpace with crush or destroy or stomp then yeah why not :) 
but dont pull all your hair out yet MrsD im sure AMD will respond with something realy nice.... when I dont know but im sure they will not wait around for 3 years like Intel did.
June 22, 2006 11:52:39 PM

And this coming from someone intelligent enough to by a Sonata!

It is a pitty! :) 

MrsD - Are your blinders grafted or are they removable?

The addition of a 4mb cache is all they did to outpace the FX60? Hmmmmm.

Is there one of those D models that already has 4mb of cache? Did it outpace the 60? Hmmmmmm.....
You must be right, I am going to wait for the 64 to become readily available. I have a couple thousand dollars just burning a hole in my pocket ;) 
June 22, 2006 11:56:56 PM

Quote:

Hey hey hey!
June 22, 2006 11:59:52 PM

Quote:

Hey hey hey!

Every time some one buys a foriegn car some poor American looses his beer money for the week !!! lol
June 23, 2006 12:00:45 AM

I own a Sonata too. I love it! Antec Sonata.
June 23, 2006 12:02:33 AM

Good thing I'm not american.
June 23, 2006 12:03:09 AM

Quote:

I always thought you where French :p  hehehehe
June 23, 2006 12:05:10 AM

Sonata 1's were sucky, the sonata 2's were awesome.
June 23, 2006 12:27:50 AM

I have had a Sonata I 380W for three + years now and for its time/size it is quite a nice case.

Back On T - I read the small review that the inquirer (notice I did not capitalize the name of that rag) threw together and it was weak at best.

That was the best bit of extrapolation that I think I have ever seen.

They go from a Super Pi 1m score and extrapolate that the Proc will perform with a 22% drop in performance compared to the Conroe with only two instances running on other applications.

[SARCASM]Because with 4 cores we all know that each core given four total instances should now perform as well as a single core of the same arch running a single instance! ;) 

Have they ever done anything with scalability? What were they expecting? Microsoft is not to blame at all! It must be the extra cores! These guys are genius![/SARCASM]

They do not seem to understand the possibilities of OS overhead!

Lets run a similar app on Linux which has much better thread/process handling and see what happens?

They also do not seem to understand the diff between Multi-Thread and Multi-Process.

(Said while waving your hand through the air in front of an inquirer reporter (term used lightly)) Hmmm really there is no overhead! :roll:
June 23, 2006 12:31:01 AM

The holes on the side of the case that spell out antec was the most retarded idea ever. Thanks antec lets drag in heaps of dust! There are other little things that pissed me off that were fixed in the sonata 2's.
June 23, 2006 12:50:23 AM

You only see the holes when the dust highlights them ;) 
June 23, 2006 12:53:05 AM

??? Anyways they make good LAN cases, the P180 is a b!tch to lug around.
June 23, 2006 1:08:00 AM

P180 is likely my next build!

I want a 1066mhz limited Kensfield! Just to test for a few years!

I'll give it back I promise!

That way I could find where the bus is limited. Would my Home Theater applications find the limitations? How about gaming there should be real limitations there right? Nah the real limitation is going to be running Exploder Version 7. Or maybe Vista?

;) 
June 23, 2006 1:14:46 AM

Cool, its an awesome case.

Ya, kentsfield looks very promising especially since it can hit 3.2 on air. I reckon 2.6-2.8 would be solid as but I'll work that out later on.
June 23, 2006 3:02:03 AM

Quote:
8mb of cache!!?? lol

Crap? Aren't you the one running a Sempron? lol

Oh, it's great. First it was the retail clause, now it's cheating with the L2 cache clause.

What will pathetic fanboys think of next?

Am I the only person who doesn't have some kind of a fetish with a certain brand?
June 23, 2006 3:05:41 AM

Quote:

I always thought you where French :p  hehehehe

Why would you think that? I have many military victories.
!