Coolaler is playing with a sample of Kensfield

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
You know what this means? Sharikou and one of MMM's Aliases will be back, and spouting out FUD. I'm sure they'll find something to pick apart. Maybe Mem timings. :wink:

kuff_kuff

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
You know what this means? Sharikou and one of MMM's Aliases will be back, and spouting out FUD. I'm sure they'll find something to pick apart. Maybe Mem timings. :wink:

I always visit their blogs every couple days to see what new Marketing fiction they read in their alphabet soup, and to see the comments too, always a good laugh and alot of head shaking.

kuff_kuff

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
I was getting on it fine untill The Inquirer posted an article about it and linked to the thread.

Since then, its been slow, but i 'm still getting it to load though.

mjdranzer

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
why does INTEL always boast with their future products??????????!!!!!!!!!!!! why can't they boast with their present products just like AMD does?????? I mean we never heared anyone say they tested the AMD Opteron 295 for example!!!!!

kuff_kuff

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
why does INTEL always boast with their future products??????????!!!!!!!!!!!! why can't they boast with their present products just like AMD does?????? I mean we never heared anyone say they tested the AMD Opteron 295 for example!!!!!

AMD was boasting when K8 was comming out, this round Intel is the one with the killer chip (and it will be brutal).

I think these OC'ers are getting chips from firms that are testing platforms for intel, probably system builders. i also have no doubt that Intel is happy that they are building the hype and anticipation for these cpus, intel is getting the same priceless grassroot nerd following that made AMD what it is today.

the personal nerd in the family or neighboorhood rules all tech decisions, and if they are now on intel's side like they were (and still are) on AMD's side, only good things can happen.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

Have you ever heard of Obsession?

Moo.

shinigamiX

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
Well, find an Opteron 295 and I'm sure someone will be happy to test it.
I get the impression that Intel is much more liberal with its chips than AMD, I don't really recall seeing many AM2 Engineering Samples out in the wild.

MrsD

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
8mb of cache!!?? lol
As long as they keep dumping cache into their crap, it should perform better than...well....crap. Apparently they felt Cornrow needs 4mb to outpace the FX.

shinigamiX

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
Ok. That's IT! You dissed Conroe. I took it like a man. You dissed Intel. I took it like a man. But YOU. HAD. TO. BRING. MY. HAIR. INTO. THIS. NOW y'all going down. Just because I'm Asian doesn't mean cornrows don't suit me ok? YOU ARE GOING DOWN!