Sign in with
Your question

screen keeps going to out of range screen when exiting game

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 21, 2006 2:07:36 PM

my problem is that when ever i exit a game instead of going back to the desktop the monitor flickers once and then goes to "out of range". i have no idea what the problem is but im guessing it might be with the video card, its a asus fx5600. so if anyone has some advice on how to fix it it would be great.
June 21, 2006 3:36:32 PM

sounds like a problem with the monitor refresh rate
try making it lower
June 21, 2006 3:52:02 PM

its as low as it can go 60
Related resources
June 21, 2006 3:57:54 PM

sorry i got no more ideas
June 21, 2006 4:25:22 PM

thanks for the suggestion anyway im ganna try to find another monitor and see does the same thing happen
June 21, 2006 4:26:11 PM

Does your game resolution the same as the desktop resolution?
June 21, 2006 5:28:21 PM

ya its the same 1280 x 1024
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2006 5:45:07 PM

Quote:
my problem is that when ever i exit a game instead of going back to the desktop the monitor flickers once and then goes to "out of range". i have no idea what the problem is but im guessing it might be with the video card, its a asus fx5600. so if anyone has some advice on how to fix it it would be great.

Lower your monitor's resolution. That should take care of your problem and make your monitor work properly.
June 21, 2006 6:02:18 PM

This is a Google question. search- monitor "out of range"
The explaination is there.
June 21, 2006 6:52:17 PM

I get a similar message on my computer. Seems the LCD has a native range and resolution and it has problems with anything other than those. Many older games play at less resolution than the monitor, so it flickers and makes complaint, but still will allow me to play the game. I use a CRT on my older computer and never have a problem there, so I figure its related to the LCD. Changing the resolution of the LCD before playing doesn't seem to help, but sometimes causes even more problems.

Microsoft has a page site addressing the problem: support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315614

That might provide some help for you, might not. So far, I've just lived with the problem as it hasn't seemed that serious. Hopefully, LCD makers will learn how to fix the problem.
June 21, 2006 6:59:41 PM

should of posted this earlier but its not a LCD, its a CRT, and ive tried changing the resolution and still nothing
June 21, 2006 7:29:35 PM

Is the game Quake 4? The reason I'm asking is because I had the same exact problem but it only occured with this one game and everything else worked fine.
June 21, 2006 7:43:45 PM

Quote:
should of posted this earlier but its not a LCD, its a CRT, and ive tried changing the resolution and still nothing

Ok, so its not an LCD problem. Could be your first guess about the video card being the cause is right. You might be going beyond the card's capability. Beyond that, I'm out of answers at the moment.
June 22, 2006 2:21:24 AM

got it working after undating the driver, thanks for the tips and help
!