WHAT IS BETTER GRAPHICS CARD???

sprevalsek

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
Hello! :lol:
My question is what of these cards is better?
Whick of these cards isn*t overclocked allready??
To what temperature do this cards can get??'
Would it be better if i have SLI with more cheaper cards or one for more money?

Sapphire ATI PCI-E X850XT 256MB TV+DVI

Gigabyte Ati Radeon X1900 XT, 512MB, PCI-e, VIVO

Gigabyte GeForce 7900GTX, 512MB, PCI-e

Asus Ati Radeon EAX1900XT/2DHTV/512M, 512MB, VIVO, PCI-e

Sapphire Ati Radeon X1800XT, 512 MB PCI-e TV+DVI

Pliss i need help around these cards! :D

Forget the X800 entirely, and if it's between the X1800XT and X1900XT, the 1900 wins every time.

Between the GTX and XT things are a little more here and there depending on app and settings. The XT has more OC headroom (especially on memory) since the GTX is near it's max as it's the top of the line, speaking of whihc the top of the line ATi the XTX can often be had for only a few dozen bucks more so you might wanna check that too.

For an idea of the performance, look at this review of the Two Gigabyte top ends (from ATi and nV), there are all the ones you are or should be considering in the review;

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/gigabyte-1900-7900.html

PS, temperature themselves are not all you should consider since some cards handle higher temps better. Generally speaking the cards are even. The GTX is slightly cooler at the core, but expells 50% of it's waste air back into the computer, and has been known to fail at lower levels due to heating of other components that are more vulnerable than the core. The XT and XTX are hotter chips but expell their hot air outside the case, and they seem to handle the heat better.

For a closed water cooling system or more passive cooling, this would probably be a concern, for stock this is nearly irrelevant, unless you're just worried about increasing the room teperature while gaming or running 24/7 (XT is hotter while gaming GTX is hotter when idle or heavy 2D). I did find it funny they blame ATi for the thermal pads, but gigabyte being the card builder is responsible for the memory cooling interface.

Eviltwin17

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2006
the 1900xt 512 either one is good
the 7900gtx is good also

both of those cards are top of the line right now

temperature........ my 7800gt runs at 65-70c full load which is normal for a graphics card. It runs at 40-45c idle

sojrner

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
Whick one 1900xtx or 7800gtx is more overclocked when you get them?
Which one produces lower temperature?
if you get "stock" versions, neither one is overclocked. You can get many options on the 7 series from Nv that are oc'd. Very few 1900s are oc'd as ony recently has ati allowed builders to do that.

if you are asking which one has more headroom (and here i assume you are asking about the 7900 not the 7800) then grapeape answered you on that... teh 1900xt has more headroom than the 7900. but to add on what he said above, the 1900xtx may be near its limit like the gtx so you should look at performance (visual as well as "raw" numbers) to decide between the xtx or gtx.

grapeape also answered you just fine on the temps, read his post.

MrsD

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Whick one 1900xtx or 7800gtx is more overclocked when you get them?
Which one produces lower temperature?

You said 7900GTX in your first post, lets get straight what cards were talking about here.

sailer

Splendid
Though its only an opinion, meaning others might disagree, I think that one good, more expensive card is better than two cheap ones. Many games don't respond to SLI at all, or with only a very small increase in frame rates. Also, a good card will support a lot more features than a cheap card will. Another thing is that its easier to make one card work well than two cards.

I have a SLI capable board, but after looking over all the good and bad points of SLI or Crossfire for that matter, I choose to get one card, the best card that I could find. At least its the best in my opinion. And I still have an open slot, so if ATI figures out a way of making a physx card to go into that slot, it is there.

if you get "stock" versions, neither one is overclocked. You can get many options on the 7 series from Nv that are oc'd. Very few 1900s are oc'd as ony recently has ati allowed builders to do that.

YEah I'm not sure if he's confusing what he's asking a bit. Sounds like he's talking about headroom, and for something like memory it would be a question of SPEC (909MHZ on the 1.1ns memory) versus stock versus OC potential. If you look at the 2D&OC section of the review they were able to get their equally spec'ed memory to OC much better on the GTX than th XTX, however both toped out well under their spec, so you have to wonder about that, voltage issues?

I have to think that really even that will remain very game dependant as to which benifits most.

shawnpaul3

Distinguished
May 31, 2006
You said 7900GTX in your first post, lets get straight what cards were talking about here.[/quote]

Mrs. D, you're tough. English doesn't appear to be his native language. Maybe a little more patience? :wink:

Wincing awaiting the retort.

Fagaru

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
sli cheap cards is stupid, because lets say u sli 2 7600gt's it will come out around 300 n some dollars, and a x1900xt for about the same price or an x1800xt 512mb for cheap will BLOW them out fo the water, sli isnt like multiplying the performance, its just a slight increase, sli is only for rich ppls that will slap down about 1000 on just video cards.