Windows XP (Prof) Logon Options?

All

Does anybody know of how (or 2nd party software) to do the following:

1. I logon to Windows XP with password.

2. I want a method to allow me to pop-up an additional INFORMATION window
whenever the Password has been wrongly entered.

3. So if the password has been wrongly entered then, I can inform the user
with a POP-UP window specifying other instructions.

4. Is there a way of doing this?

rgds Baj
3 answers Last reply
More about windows prof logon options

    bejay wrote:
    > All
    >
    > Does anybody know of how (or 2nd party software) to do the following:
    >
    > 1. I logon to Windows XP with password.
    >
    > 2. I want a method to allow me to pop-up an additional INFORMATION
    > window whenever the Password has been wrongly entered.
    >
    > 3. So if the password has been wrongly entered then, I can inform the
    > user with a POP-UP window specifying other instructions.
    >
    > 4. Is there a way of doing this?
    >
    > rgds Baj

    This ability is already built into XP.

    When you change a password for an account in Control Panel/User Accounts, an
    area for entering a Password Hint is available there. You can place any text
    you wish in this line including instructions for whatever you wish the user
    to do.

    When you enter the wrong password, a baloon will pop up advising you to
    click the "?" button to see the password hint.

    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    Hi Ronnie,

    I do not get a balloon when I enter my password wrongly?? - I have entered a
    hint in the space provided and it seems to remember it. When I log off and
    enter a wrong password it just comes up with another box telling me that the
    password is wrong and gives me 4 or 5 attempts before it gives me the
    delayed response???

    Baj

    bejay wrote:
    > Hi Ronnie,
    >
    > I do not get a balloon when I enter my password wrongly?? - I have
    > entered a hint in the space provided and it seems to remember it.
    > When I log off and enter a wrong password it just comes up with
    > another box telling me that the password is wrong and gives me 4 or 5
    > attempts before it gives me the delayed response???

    Strange? When I enter a wrong password, I get a baloon that states "Did you
    forget your password? You can click the "?" button to see your password
    hint." Click the ? and the hint pops up.

    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

Windows XP Microsoft Software