Windows XP (Prof) Logon Options?

All

Does anybody know of how (or 2nd party software) to do the following:

1. I logon to Windows XP with password.

2. I want a method to allow me to pop-up an additional INFORMATION window
whenever the Password has been wrongly entered.

3. So if the password has been wrongly entered then, I can inform the user
with a POP-UP window specifying other instructions.

4. Is there a way of doing this?

rgds Baj

bejay wrote:
> All
>
> Does anybody know of how (or 2nd party software) to do the following:
>
> 1. I logon to Windows XP with password.
>
> 2. I want a method to allow me to pop-up an additional INFORMATION
> window whenever the Password has been wrongly entered.
>
> 3. So if the password has been wrongly entered then, I can inform the
> user with a POP-UP window specifying other instructions.
>
> 4. Is there a way of doing this?
>
> rgds Baj

This ability is already built into XP.

When you change a password for an account in Control Panel/User Accounts, an
area for entering a Password Hint is available there. You can place any text
you wish in this line including instructions for whatever you wish the user
to do.

When you enter the wrong password, a baloon will pop up advising you to
click the "?" button to see the password hint.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Hi Ronnie,

I do not get a balloon when I enter my password wrongly?? - I have entered a
hint in the space provided and it seems to remember it. When I log off and
enter a wrong password it just comes up with another box telling me that the
password is wrong and gives me 4 or 5 attempts before it gives me the
delayed response???

Baj

bejay wrote:
> Hi Ronnie,
>
> I do not get a balloon when I enter my password wrongly?? - I have
> entered a hint in the space provided and it seems to remember it.
> When I log off and enter a wrong password it just comes up with
> another box telling me that the password is wrong and gives me 4 or 5
> attempts before it gives me the delayed response???

Strange? When I enter a wrong password, I get a baloon that states "Did you
forget your password? You can click the "?" button to see your password
hint." Click the ? and the hint pops up.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP