Microsoft Direct X Physics

And when I read that, I thought BAM, final nail in Ageia's coffin.

Now I wonder if ATi will even bother with their own physics API now, they mentioned it 2 weeks ago, but there seems to be no point now.

Havok could always be brought in under the DirectPhysics envelope since it's a game engine aspect and Havok FX could basically be the platform to communicate with direct physics.

We'll see, but I'm sure the Ageia boyz are putting off any more purchases, and now there'll be little to no attraction in anyone buying Ageia until they're nothing more than patentent holders / intelectual property owners IMO.

Well, but haven't they already done that, the statement was their own API, not driver, so sounds like they were optioning out Havok so that third party game engine developers could use their API and get the same benifit even if they didn't have a Havok engine, which would be wise as long as you don't step on their toes too hard.

With M$ doing this who knows, it could make things alot easier for everyone but Ageia, but it could also relegate this whole 'first to the party' advantage of even people like Havok to virtually nil.