Sign in with
Your question

AuzenTech vs. creative 2zs for Logitech x-530 speakers

Last response: in Components
June 21, 2006 9:15:49 PM

I've just purchased an AuzenTech XMYSTIQUE7.1 sound card and Logitech x-530 speakers. After the purchase I've read on some forums that the creative audig2 zs are better than the Auzentech when using speakers without dobly digital capabilities. Since I won't be upgrading to digital speakers any time soon, do you think I should go for the Audigy2 zs? This would mean ebaying the Auzentech off :roll: Thanks for all the help :wink:
June 21, 2006 9:43:45 PM

The reviews I've read of the AuzenTech suggested that a common issue was driver matureness. The AuzenTech does give you SPDIF Optical out, a feature you have to pay for in the SoundBlaster lines. ...but if it were me, I'd probably go with the Audidgy 2ZS as its drivers ARE mature and the SoundBlaster lines are more widely supported for games, should you ever delve into that.
June 22, 2006 2:37:05 AM

Quote:
The reviews I've read of the AuzenTech suggested that a common issue was driver matureness. The AuzenTech does give you SPDIF Optical out, a feature you have to pay for in the SoundBlaster lines. ...but if it were me, I'd probably go with the Audidgy 2ZS as its drivers ARE mature and the SoundBlaster lines are more widely supported for games, should you ever delve into that.

Does soundcard drivers have significant effect on sound quality? I'm real angry cause it took me so long to get every component to the computer. Now it looks like I would have to ebay it off and order and wait for the Audigy 2Zs.
Related resources
June 22, 2006 3:36:08 PM

Yes, as far as I know the drivers can and do have an impact of sound quality. Poorly written drivers on great hardware can lead to poor sound or noise or distortions, from what I've heard.
June 28, 2006 12:57:01 PM

^this matters even more with Auzentech card for it has DDL encoding. If this encoding is not done properly that effect will be audible in form of a delay. I had this problem with sound storm earlier.
Yes, driver issues might deteriorate overall sound quality.
!