Pocket PC free memorycard formatter ?

November 24, 2004 1:16:43 AM

I need software which will format a multi media card (in a card reader) back
to factory settings to use in my mp3 player (card had, up until now, been
used in my digital camera).

In my case, WinXP built-in formatting does NOT make the card capable of
working on my mp3 player. The card does work in there, but as soon as i used
it for my Digital Camera stopped working in the mp3 player.

I had memory card formatting software on my Pocket PC (WM2003) and it worked
fine (but now has passed it's trial period and i didn't fancy paying a small
fortune just for one memory card to be formatted once ever !!).

Cheers
Andy
Anonymous
November 24, 2004 2:54:38 AM

You should select FAT16 to format the MM Card, rather than the default
NTFS format which XP uses. The option can be selected in the format
drive box.

Cheers - Neil

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:16:43 -0000, "Andy100" <nospam@nospam.com>
wrote:

>I need software which will format a multi media card (in a card reader) back
>to factory settings to use in my mp3 player (card had, up until now, been
>used in my digital camera).
>
>In my case, WinXP built-in formatting does NOT make the card capable of
>working on my mp3 player. The card does work in there, but as soon as i used
>it for my Digital Camera stopped working in the mp3 player.
>
>I had memory card formatting software on my Pocket PC (WM2003) and it worked
>fine (but now has passed it's trial period and i didn't fancy paying a small
>fortune just for one memory card to be formatted once ever !!).
>

>Cheers
>Andy

Anonymous
November 24, 2004 9:49:35 AM

Still doesn't work in XP though, i have tried everything known to man in XP.
Need independant software. Anyone help ??

Cheers
Andy

!