I NEED HELP, COMPUTER JUST DIED!!!

jz9110

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
Well earlier today I was using my computer and it was working just fine. Then all of the sudden it froze, nothing worked so I had to hold down the power button. Upon restart my fans started and my memory lit up. But no beeps and no image on my monitor. Then soon after the lights on my memory went out anf my processor fan went out. This computer has been working fine for almost 6 months now with no problems. I cannot load the bios from a floppy because I don't even gat any image on my screen. I have tried a new psu, only 1 stick of memory instead of 2 and I have tried both of my gpu's sparately but nothingn happens. The ony 2 parts I have not tested are my processor and my motherboard. I hope it was not my processor because i spent a lot of money on it so any advice here would help.

My specs are:
Asus A8n32-sli delux mobo
AMD FX-60
Silverstone 750w psu
2 evga 7900 GT's in SLI
2 DVD burners
Floppy drive
Maxtor 160g hdd

p.s. I have heard of this problem before but could not find a solution to it.

Tyrvidar

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2003
Its your cpu or your Mobo, and I would probably put my money on your Mobo. So you need to find a way to test your cpu on another system to confirm that. Not much else anyone can tell you. You'll be buying either or.

Knyte

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
First thing I would do is take out or disable all unnessicary components. (Ie. Take out one of the video cards, sound card, disconnect all drives, etc.) Then with the sytem powered down. Reset the bios. On that MOBO, I believe their a jumper you can move for ten seconds to reset the bios to default. Then try booting it up again.

jz9110

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
OK, now my computer wont even turn on. I push the power button and nothing. I tried my other psu again and nothing. So, I am in the process of testing the motherboard outside of the case and hopefully my old motherboard will still work and ill put my processor into that after.

OK, now my computer wont even turn on. I push the power button and nothing. I tried my other psu again and nothing. So, I am in the process of testing the motherboard outside of the case and hopefully my old motherboard will still work and ill put my processor into that after.

Longshot, but if youcan get to the back of your power on button onsee if it came loose and tighten it from the back of the front panel.

If that don' t work you will have to take it one step at a time to find what went out. Unplug everything including HD and Optical drives. Leave only the CPU, 1 stick of RAM, video card, MB, and power supply plugged in. It has to be one of the five if your problem is a failed component. See if it will post to bios without the optical drives and the HD. If not, swap out the RAM, video card. If still no post to bios, I'd look to the MB or CPU.