Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Issues connecting PC and LCD TV via HDMI

Last response: in Windows 7
April 29, 2011 12:08:20 AM

Hello,
I am having trouble getting video when connecting my PC to my LG LCD TV via HDMI. When I connect the two via HDMI, the television displays "no signal" however when I go into the Intel HD Graphics utility, it recognizes my TV and shows information about it.

I find this strange because, previously I have been able to connect the two without any issues.
Specs
ASUS K52 Notebook
Core i3 350M
Intel HD Graphics
320 GB HDD
4 GB RAM
April 29, 2011 12:53:42 AM

Reinstall the graphics driver, also check for updates.it probably remembers the previous info about your tv but its not providing signal.
[Make sure you are on the right chanel or select your input.]
I also have an LG tv and 2 weeks ago connected my pc via RGB, it went brilliant, but struggled a bit to play .mkv
Check if your Notebook has any key to enable the video out.
m
l
April 29, 2011 1:07:48 AM

I just checked and my Intel video driver is up to date. I selected the correct input for my TV but still no signal. I have tried to find a previous version of the driver to revert back to but I can't seem to find any, not even on the driver disk that my notebook came with.
m
l
Related resources
April 29, 2011 1:33:27 AM

Try pressing fn key and the f8 key this should switch between the monitors
m
l
April 29, 2011 2:28:39 AM

The fn+F8 combination doesn't really help either.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 29, 2011 6:14:41 AM

I had my cable come slightly loose and it would loose signal. Mostly cause of the extremely stupid design of some of the heavier hdmi connectors out there (still kind of wish there was an option for the holder pins like on the DVI connectors)

Anyways. Check your connection between the two devices and make sure its pretty solid. Make sure the input is on the right input =). And I remember having to go into my intel HD graphics control panel to tell it output the signal to the TV as well. So make sure you do that as well. Hope one of those helps you.
m
l
April 29, 2011 12:23:03 PM

I appreciate all of the ideas you all have given me, unfortunately none of them were able to work. I suppose my PC and my TV wont be the good friends that they once used to be.
m
l

Best solution

a c 416 $ Windows 7
April 29, 2011 12:25:20 PM

try different hdmi cord!
April 30, 2011 8:34:40 PM

It doesnt matter if they are up to date. Uninstall the grafics driver, reboot, then download and install it again.it might be corrupt u never know!
m
l
April 30, 2011 8:39:04 PM

Does your notebook have 2 graphics adapters? If so, it could be set to power saver, so it uses the integrated chip,some notebooks has a button to change to stamina mode and will activate the gpu.
m
l
May 7, 2011 12:52:19 AM

Best answer selected by sixeight327.
m
l
September 2, 2013 12:18:26 PM

sixeight327 said:
Hello,
I am having trouble getting video when connecting my PC to my LG LCD TV via HDMI. When I connect the two via HDMI, the television displays "no signal" however when I go into the Intel HD Graphics utility, it recognizes my TV and shows information about it.

I find this strange because, previously I have been able to connect the two without any issues.
Specs
ASUS K52 Notebook
Core i3 350M
Intel HD Graphics
320 GB HDD
4 GB RAM

m
l
!