Planning on going SLI have a question.

styro

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
Hey, I currently run an EVGA 7800 GT (256-P2-N516-BX) and am almost done saving up to go SLI, the only thing I'm not sure about is I've tried to find that identical GPU with the same product number but nothing at all comes up. However I can find the EVGA 7800 GT but with a different product number. Now I know you have to have the same exact GPU to run it in SLI so I'm assuming that if I were to buy an EVGA 7800 GT with a different product number than the one I have it wouldn't work, correct? And if so, where I can I find one with the same product number, i've looked on every site I know and just about every search engine but can't find anything. The closest P/N I can find is 256-P2-N516-AX with the only difference being its an A at the end and not a B.

-Thanks.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
If I'm not mistaken, the new drivers allow you to do SLI with non-identical cards, even if they're made by different brands. If both cards are eVGA, and they have the same clockspeed, you should be fine.

Hey, I currently run an EVGA 7800 GT (256-P2-N516-BX) and am almost done saving up to go SLI, the only thing I'm not sure about is I've tried to find that identical GPU with the same product number but nothing at all comes up. However I can find the EVGA 7800 GT but with a different product number. Now I know you have to have the same exact GPU to run it in SLI so I'm assuming that if I were to buy an EVGA 7800 GT with a different product number than the one I have it wouldn't work, correct? And if so, where I can I find one with the same product number, i've looked on every site I know and just about every search engine but can't find anything. The closest P/N I can find is 256-P2-N516-AX with the only difference being its an A at the end and not a B.

-Thanks.

Hi,

My EVGA 7800 GT KO is very similar to your card, even the number . I too was looking for a second EVGA card to match my 7800 GT and all I could find a month ago was an open box at Mwave. Let that go. I punched in your model number at EVGA and there is no such product according to what EVGA says. You must have the model with the AX at the end like this:

http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=256-P2-N516-AX&family=22

like someone else said, there is a driver available, or a driver will be available shortly, which allows two different cards top be set up in SLI. I am using two EVGA 7600 GT's. My 7800 GT KO is just about as good, just not as fast as the two 7600 gt's in sli.

styro

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006

-Thanks.

Hi,

My EVGA 7800 GT KO is very similar to your card, even the number . I too was looking for a second EVGA card to match my 7800 GT and all I could find a month ago was an open box at Mwave. Let that go. I punched in your model number at EVGA and there is no such product according to what EVGA says. You must have the model with the AX at the end like this:

http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=256-P2-N516-AX&family=22

like someone else said, there is a driver available, or a driver will be available shortly, which allows two different cards top be set up in SLI. I am using two EVGA 7600 GT's. My 7800 GT KO is just about as good, just not as fast as the two 7600 gt's in sli.

Yeah, I thought it was odd that I couldn't find anything that said BX, but on the card it does say BX I know for a fact, but apparantly the AX should work fine in SLI with it so no worries.

yourbestfriend

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
I have a BFG 7800 gt and a Evga 7800 gt in SLi

diffrent clock speeds

second card(bottom slot) takes the clock speed of Master card(top SLOT)

This is Abit MOBO other companys might have diffrent options for master and slave PCI express 16