Keyboard problem on a laptop

When I turn it on some of the keys won't work, it happenes nearly everytime, driving me crazy and can't really find any solution besides just buying a new laptop. Any information as to why the keys won't work would be helpful. It is the same keys everytime.

For now I am just using an alternate keyboard, but would like to know why the main keyboard doesn't work.

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about keyboard problem laptop
  1. Dirt, age, spilled drink?
    Contact the manufacture to see if its still under warrenty. if not then get a replacement from them or check around at some used computer shops.
  2. Thanks. Looks like I'll just find another keyboard.
  3. google cleaning laptop keys as you can remove the top cover and clean the keys yourself... You would also get more responses to this if you asked a moderator to move it to the mobile section under laptops
  4. Quote:
    When I turn it on some of the keys won't work, it happenes nearly everytime, driving me crazy and can't really find any solution besides just buying a new laptop. Any information as to why the keys won't work would be helpful. It is the same keys everytime.

For now I am just using an alternate keyboard, but would like to know why the main keyboard doesn't work.

Thanks.

Mine started that and nothing I did to clean it and such as that ever actually solidly resolved the issue so I found myself an external USB portable keyboard and that solved the problem.

Its a little inconvenient at times but worth it when the keyboard works like its supposed to all the time and was a cheaper solution than shipping the laptop for repairs and being without it during that time period.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Keyboards Components