Sign in with
Your question

Keyboard problem on a laptop

Last response: in Components
June 22, 2006 6:14:06 AM

When I turn it on some of the keys won't work, it happenes nearly everytime, driving me crazy and can't really find any solution besides just buying a new laptop. Any information as to why the keys won't work would be helpful. It is the same keys everytime.

For now I am just using an alternate keyboard, but would like to know why the main keyboard doesn't work.

Thanks.
June 22, 2006 2:35:21 PM

Dirt, age, spilled drink?
Contact the manufacture to see if its still under warrenty. if not then get a replacement from them or check around at some used computer shops.
June 22, 2006 4:46:58 PM

Thanks. Looks like I'll just find another keyboard.
Related resources
June 23, 2006 3:53:12 PM

google cleaning laptop keys as you can remove the top cover and clean the keys yourself... You would also get more responses to this if you asked a moderator to move it to the mobile section under laptops
June 24, 2006 6:44:28 PM

Quote:
When I turn it on some of the keys won't work, it happenes nearly everytime, driving me crazy and can't really find any solution besides just buying a new laptop. Any information as to why the keys won't work would be helpful. It is the same keys everytime.

For now I am just using an alternate keyboard, but would like to know why the main keyboard doesn't work.

Thanks.

Mine started that and nothing I did to clean it and such as that ever actually solidly resolved the issue so I found myself an external USB portable keyboard and that solved the problem.

Its a little inconvenient at times but worth it when the keyboard works like its supposed to all the time and was a cheaper solution than shipping the laptop for repairs and being without it during that time period.
!