Sign in with
Your question

Article - Final Fantasy XI

Last response: in Video Games
September 14, 2005 3:23:55 PM

Other than being a biased review, I found one inaccuracy:

Quote:
It is also the only cross platform MMO in the world - players are able to log on from both their PCs and PS2s.

If by "cross-platform" he meant computer and console, then he is correct. However, if you take the technical meaning of "cross-platform," he is incorrect. As everyone here probably knows, World of Warcraft runs on both PC and Macintosh, thus making it not only the largest MMO, but the largest cross-platform MMO, and possibly the largest cross-platform game on the market.

Then again, Tom's doesn't care about Apple other than iPods. :wink:

More about : article final fantasy

September 14, 2005 7:30:43 PM

I didn't know liking a game and reviewing it = bias.

"Repetitive to the point of tedium"
Related resources
September 14, 2005 7:35:17 PM

What the hell is going on with all you new people wanting to nit-pick ever little thing about these damn gaming articles?

I really hope it's not the smae person who keeps making new accounts..
September 14, 2005 7:41:49 PM

What I mean is, when you review hardware, it's different than reviewing a game. Game reviews are going to have more of a personal and subjective element. But to say that is strictly defined as bias isn't using critical thinking skills.

There's a reason there are all sorts of gaming publications. Because some people hate certain consoles, computers, systems, etc. BIAS. Some mags reviews all consoles, systems etc..., and our hope would be that these pubs are not biased.

And to that point, my assumption here would be that because this isn't Tom's Official Playstation Square-Enix Hardware Guide, we should assume the reviewer has more than the game/system at hand in mind.

Blah, I may have to come back to this later. Trying to work and post (when you're busy) is tough.

September 14, 2005 9:12:55 PM

i didnt actually read the article and basically dont really care(just my opinion) i was just replying to the guy who clearly state what the article says and then goes off on a tangent about how the article wrong when it clearly said multiplatform = pc and ps2... just thought it was kinda of a phukking retarded thing to do... meh...

<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com/nutshell.mp3" target="_new">"Like a scrotum, there it is in a nutshell."</A>
<font color=red>Roll Tide!</font color=red>
<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Apathetic As<i></i>shole.}=-</A>
September 14, 2005 10:20:44 PM

sorry - that was meant for Vortmax.

!