Canon PIXMA paperfeed problem

We bought a PIXMA 3000. The paper feed (upper paper supplier) grabs the
paper on one side and crumples it as it goes into/through the printer.
Cassette feeder works fine. Also, a photo printed with this machine
comes out with horizontal lines across it.

We are obviously going to return it, but I would like to know if we just
got a lemon, and a replacement will work fine, or should we look for a
different printer? Have been extremely happy with the old Canon i850,
but it suddenly refuses to print black, and deep cleaning didn't solve
the problem.

TIA

Rosemary
--
To e-mail me remove the obvious before @ and change sinuswave to sinewave.

Dale Thompson wrote:

>We bought a PIXMA 3000. The paper feed (upper paper supplier) grabs the
>paper on one side and crumples it as it goes into/through the printer.
>Cassette feeder works fine. Also, a photo printed with this machine
>comes out with horizontal lines across it.

On my IP4000 that happened only once. After I moved the slide a wee bit
over to the left to relieve pressure it has not happened again.