Sign in with
Your question

Geforce4ti4200 > Atix800XT

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 22, 2006 4:15:22 PM

wow
i have had some problems with my atix800xt, fps jumping from 125 down to 40 in games like call of duty or enemy territory (with like the worst graphic settings possible!!), tried omega drivers and the ati's, didnt help, formatted, reinstalled windows, still the same

now i just for fun tried my old geforce4ti4200 (which has a broken cooler=P) and it works with steady ~100 fps in both games

its really weird, can some1 help me? maybe some settings in bios are wrong or i have done anything else wrong which i cant think of(and i havent changed anything in bios either)

i would keep the geforce and sell the x800xt if it stays like this and no1 can help me, but for newer games i think it wont be doing too well and id fear it would burn my pc down =P

tnx in advance

More about : geforce4ti4200 atix800xt

June 22, 2006 4:45:20 PM

Driver conflictions possibly. Maybe in insufficient power supply unit.
Other thing too, unless you manually set your resolution in games along with your details, textures, lighting, etc.... The game does it for you.

So you might not realize your running @ higher quality settings with your X800XT which would explain why you lose frame rate occasionally.
June 22, 2006 5:04:56 PM

power supply,drivers or a faulty card, also if im not mistaken the 4000ti is dx8 so it doesnt push itself so hard
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 22, 2006 5:05:53 PM

Also realize your x800 is going to be drawing far more effects and what not because it supports DX9.0 while the Ti4200 only supports DX8.0.

So the slowdowns could be when theres a lot of action going on and what not and it has to draw a lot more while your Ti4200 is only drawing a far less complicated scene.
June 22, 2006 5:34:54 PM

Call of duty... that's probably a DX9 game, not sure about enemy territory though... but 40fps at minimum settings? Which resolution are we talking?

Not your power supply, insufficient PSU will cause crashing, not frametare slowdowns.
June 22, 2006 5:45:24 PM

Cleeve: A PSU that has high voltage lux on it can cause frame rate dip.
For example, Don't plug your external line into a PCI-E GPU, the clock frequencies remain the same, and your machine will post and boot (depending on the system, but most of the time it works) and run a game. Your rates will drop dramatically but it will still keep chugging along.

I did the exact same thing with my 7800GT and now my X1800XT....

EDIT: Now that I re-read that, its not a great comparison lol. Anywho.

Run driver cleaner and reinstall the latest Cat's, Omega's or whatever 3rd party preference you have then get back to us.
June 22, 2006 6:13:02 PM

Interesting. I'l take your word for it, although I've only personally seen bad PSU's cause crashing.

So in your experience, how much of a difference did it make when you got a better PSU?
June 22, 2006 6:35:44 PM

it might be a videocard bios problem.my 5900xt had a bad bios wich kept reporting that insufficient power is reaching the gpu and then it automaticly slowed down the core and memory clocks resulting in slow FPS.
June 22, 2006 8:42:46 PM

Oh yeah, shoulda known - wolfenstein: enemy territory would be OGL for sure, based on the Quake 3 engine right?

Wasn't sure about COD though.

Well, there you have it. Something is terribly wrong. :) 
June 22, 2006 8:50:44 PM

lol thanks =P
in bios i set it to 256 mb now, was 128
uh i didnt get to test it yet
but i installed sp2 now, and the ati with the newest catalyst drivers
i just noticed that when i scroll down on websites or in other windows
it goes down and up "jerky", i dont know how to describe it but i think you guys know what i mean

u know why this shit happens?
btw, at first i wanted to start et but there was some directx message, so i reinstalled mobo, sound and gfx drivers again

and now its what i said above
June 22, 2006 9:12:59 PM

When it's jerky in 2d, I find that's usually a driver problem...
June 22, 2006 9:31:40 PM

when you say jerky, do you mean the whole screen or just the stuff on the page. if its just the webpage then its your mouse wheel because it wasent turned fully and it cant decide what you want to it messes up like that.

if its the whole screen then like others have said, driver problem.
June 22, 2006 9:58:40 PM

What CPU are you using?
It could be that you are running into CPU limitations when running dx9 whereas when you had you GF4 in you could only run dx8.1
June 23, 2006 10:44:51 AM

yea, it was a driver problem, or a driver setting problem

in PCI settings it was PCI read off, set it to on now its going well, and the games start too, the performance is about as with the geforce now, but if i would disable AA and agp speed from 8 to 4 maybe it would be better, or even normal? :p 

tnx for your help all

ps: im a noob at this, why did pci read off change anything when i got an agp card :oops: 

EDIT. the jerky window shit wasnt only with scrolling, it was by using the right bar thingie too =p
EDIT2:p : what means temporal antialiasing

lol if u answer all these questions im really thankful :D 
June 23, 2006 1:36:13 PM

Temporal AA was ATI's "brilliant" idea too achieve better IQ.

Basically, instead of using more AA samples to maintain a better image,
the temporal switches the AA usage back and forth (like hot potatoe) between
a high and low sample to make it "look" or simulate a high sample pattern.

However from my experience, TAA was quite shoddy. Causing frame rate drop when I was still sitting on my X800 GPU's. But I learned later the driver disables TAA after dropping below 60fps in most games and reverts back normal AA samples. --IMO, dont bother and just disable the thing.

As for 8x to 4x AGP. The difference is not anything noticable, but I wouldnt be the first person to lower it though. If you can say @ 8x AGP. Hense why I said disable TAA---that might help your overall experience. Maybe you should turn fastwrites off as well? (provided their on)

Go into your BIOS and set your primary video display as AGP.
There should be an advanced settings tab with either PCI or AGP as your choice. Then make sure your Arpeture size is 256mb as well.....
June 23, 2006 2:03:59 PM

you got it my friend ........

i can get more frames with a gf 4 mx 440 ..but ..... in dx8......meaning no shaders .. no details..etc.....

with a x800xl dx9 setup....max details ...if a remember correctly i got between 50 .. and 70 fps ..which is very good.....a 6800gs performed a liitle worse ..but still very playable

you can get more with a gf4mx440 or whatever (ti4200) but in dx8 or worse ... but the game looks lokie hell ...
June 23, 2006 2:07:43 PM

COD is a dx game....
Wolfenstein is opengl game
June 23, 2006 3:45:23 PM

GF4MX is Geforce2 based - meaning it supports DX 7 (!).

A ti4200 in good condition, from a good manufacturer, can chug quite a load in OpenGL and ask for more.

An Ati with drivers just so-so from an unknown manufacturer on an AGP 8x port will slow down under the level attained by a ti4200.

I own a MSI ti4200 (DX8); my bro' has a (noname) Radeon 9500 (DX9).

I installed NFS:Underground 2 on both machines.
- it ran without too much problems on the ti
- it had to be set at lowest graphical settings on the Radeon (640x480, no texture filtering, no blur, no AA, low textures, nothing). On top of that, it would often freeze. Until...

- I reduced its AGP rate from 8x to 4x; I activated fast writes though. Took care of freezes.
- I cleaned it (dust puppy). A bit more stable yet.
- new drivers, from Ati's website (Catalyst 6.3 then 6.4, but with CCC 5.9). A good registry cleanup helped.
- new AGP bus driver (Nforce2).

The PC was a W2Ksp4 that hadn't been reinstalled for some time, a corrupted registry dating back to a severe virus infection - but a reinstall provided no significant speed boost.

After that, NFSU2 ran MUCH better on the Radeon 9500 (1024x768, max textures, aniso, blur, HDR, AA when I don't want to go fast).
June 23, 2006 4:16:56 PM

Unfortunately we really can't compare a 9500 to an X800 bud.

wierd how you solve your issues though. Driver update makes sense, yes.
But reducing the AGP rate?....fastwrites though are a given, usually recommended to be enabled 95-9800 series......depending on the system.
June 23, 2006 5:10:29 PM

well, considering that AGP8X doubles the transfert rate on the same carrier frequency, it would stand to reason that poor quality electronics or just bad luck would introduce interferences that would berelevant at 8X, but not at 4x...

If a 9500 can get such a boost with what I did, it would be reasonable to think that a X800 would also get some kick to the @$$...

Updating the AGP driver can also be an help, but so can be a mobo BIOS upgrade - some BIOSes just don't like some pieces of hardware.
June 23, 2006 5:34:15 PM

what actually is an agp driver and where can i get it?
tnx again, u guys are a big help
June 23, 2006 8:41:50 PM

Its Because That Its An ATI No Just Kidding. As The Guy Said Below You Possibly A Conflict, Not Enuff Power Or Even Possible Overheating, Causing Throttling
June 24, 2006 9:49:10 AM

in your case, it used to be called Via 4-in-1 - I don't remember what it's called now. But considering you have a socket A mobo, I'd say the 4-in-1 4.35 would work nice anyway.
June 25, 2006 11:11:59 AM

thats a call of duty 1 benchmark not a call of duty 2 benchmark
a b U Graphics card
June 25, 2006 7:00:57 PM

Yes, it is COD1 which I take it the OP is refering to as he pairs COD with Enemy Territory. Both old games.
June 28, 2006 2:10:27 PM

hmm slowly im believing im doing something wrong with my installation maybe. i still got those fps problems

can some1 of u tell me your way like- lets say- when u just formatted windows and what u all install and what u set your driver settings too
maybe i made a mistake somewhere
June 28, 2006 2:57:09 PM

What I usually do is this:
1- Format
2- Windows
3- Updated DirectX
4- Mobo drivers
5- Video drivers
6- Audio drivers (if you have an audio card, like a SoundBlaster)
7- Any other driver (like for a printer, or something)
8- And then, well, everything else ;) 

You should do a disk defragmentation after everything is installed. Good luck! 8)
June 28, 2006 3:03:25 PM

are you installing the system from a Windows XP CD, or from your computer's restoration CDs? Most softwares forced upon you by the likes of HP/Dell/etc. have such an impact on your system's performance that they make a high-end system seem slower than a well tuned p233 under Win98...
If it's he latter, try this:
- if at all possible, cut your disk into 2 partitions: one for the system, one for the apps. The system partition at least should be using NTFS
- uninstall all softwares (Norton is top of the list to remove), keep only the essential (install a free antivirus; Grisoft is my recommendation, but there are others. Anything else is 'extra' for now)
- deactivate unneeded services (you don't need Server if you don't share directories, or IR if it's a desktop systems etc. Also, disable Themes service, Terminal service: you're back under Win2000, but much faster and stable)
- deactivate system restore on all drives (you may keep a 200MB recovery space on the main drive, but disable the others)
- manually set the paging file to a minimum eqaul to your RAM amount, and double that for the max
- lock down IE (high security settings, very low cache, higher cookies security settings). Replace IE+ Outlook with Firefox+Thunderbird or Opera.
- disable most GUI visual improvements (transparencies eat up resources)
- disable system sounds
- install latest service pack and fixes, reboot, and remove the hidden backup directories containing the updated files
- remove most already installed drivers to replace them with the latest versions from the chip manufacturers: chipset, graphics and sound
- defragment the drive
- defragment the drive's system files using Sysinternal's pagedefrag

The system tray should hold only 3-4 icons at most.

Personally that's what I call a clean system. If you still get FPS variations, then it's hardware-related.
June 28, 2006 3:18:05 PM

Quote:
are you installing the system from a Windows XP CD, or from your computer's restoration CDs? Most softwares forced upon you by the likes of HP/Dell/etc. have such an impact on your system's performance that they make a high-end system seem slower than a well tuned p233 under Win98...
If it's he latter, try this:
- if at all possible, cut your disk into 2 partitions: one for the system, one for the apps. The system partition at least should be using NTFS
- uninstall all softwares (Norton is top of the list to remove), keep only the essential (install a free antivirus; Grisoft is my recommendation, but there are others. Anything else is 'extra' for now)
- deactivate unneeded services (you don't need Server if you don't share directories, or IR if it's a desktop systems etc. Also, disable Themes service, Terminal service: you're back under Win2000, but much faster and stable)
- deactivate system restore on all drives (you may keep a 200MB recovery space on the main drive, but disable the others)
- manually set the paging file to a minimum eqaul to your RAM amount, and double that for the max
- lock down IE (high security settings, very low cache, higher cookies security settings). Replace IE+ Outlook with Firefox+Thunderbird or Opera.
- disable most GUI visual improvements (transparencies eat up resources)
- disable system sounds
- install latest service pack and fixes, reboot, and remove the hidden backup directories containing the updated files
- remove most already installed drivers to replace them with the latest versions from the chip manufacturers: chipset, graphics and sound
- defragment the drive
- defragment the drive's system files using Sysinternal's pagedefrag

The system tray should hold only 3-4 icons at most.

Personally that's what I call a clean system. If you still get FPS variations, then it's hardware-related.

tnx :) 

yes the pc is from medion, and its a restoration cd
i will try some of the things u said

btw. i got 3 partitions already, it was like this
one is where windows installed and all the other stuff, one is where my backups are, and the other one was called "recover", there are some files called factory.002 and .003 etc, and factory.pqi, dunno what that is
4gb is full 3 is still left, how much gb should there for the windows? then i would install it there/and remove those weird files or are they important for something? =p
June 28, 2006 3:28:58 PM

the 'recover' partition normally holds the same stuff your recovery CDs contains - you can get rid of it if your recovery CDs work correctly.

I would recommend 8 Gb for a WinXP system partition, double that if you don't remove the hotfixes' backups, don't purge IE's cache and don't deactivate system recovery.
June 28, 2006 6:07:11 PM

btw in hardware manager the intel pentium 4 processor is only shown ONCE

i remember it was shown twice some time ago, fakes to be 2 proc's as a dual processor or so i heard

EDIT
and i noticed today while playing, its going well for about a half hour with around 100 fps, then its going down to 50 fps
June 29, 2006 9:02:34 AM

Only one CPU: you have hyperthreading disabled in BIOS, and/or 'machine type' is set to 'PC monoprocessor' in Device manager.

Slowdown after a set time:
- either a driver problem
- or an overheat one

Catalyst 6.6 are out, try them. Clean your card. Check that your CPU and GPU coolers work correctly (Pentium 4 use throttling when overheating, so do modern video cards) - do they spin on boot? Do they still spin on play? Are heatsinks burning hot when the slowdowns occur? Best case, they should be very hot but not unbearably so.
June 29, 2006 9:51:23 AM

Quote:
and i noticed today while playing, its going well for about a half hour with around 100 fps, then its going down to 50 fps

This screams overheating to me. Open your case, use clean air to blow away any visible dust (clean dust filters if you have them), fire up your computer and start playing. If the cooling fans work properly, you shouldn't get any dps loss, even after hours of play.

If this works, close your case and try to play again, then report back to us.

Erratic behavior is not necessarily a driver issue!
June 29, 2006 10:15:49 AM

regarding your problem with the scrolling i had a similar problem once and my music would jump terribly (Winamp) whenever this happened. this led me to beleive a hardware conflict between GPU and Sound card i used POWERSTRIP and fixed it i would try this if your having similar problems this should also fix your issues in game if this is your problem ofc

EDIT: ofc it could conflict with a number of things not just sound so try removing everything but your gpu, HDD & CDD or turning it off in bios if your using an on board system then see the results and give feedback

EDIT2: lol just remembered i fixed a friends comp once by moving the pci cards into different slots which must have forced them to be re addressed and therefore removed conflict
June 29, 2006 12:29:43 PM

Quote:
Erratic behavior is not necessarily a driver issue!

That's why I told him to check the temp on both his CPU and GPU coolers.
June 29, 2006 4:42:58 PM

hmm
i tried an old ati 9800xl which was with the pc already
its the same problem with fps

and yes, the coolers work and yes the cards getting pretty hot :p 
after gaming it was around 60° it said in the catalyst control center

and one other hardware change-but i got that already since some months now-is 1gb more memory

512 was installed, now its 1,5gb
June 30, 2006 11:37:57 AM

try removing the older ram stick (keep 1Gb alone) and try again. RAM can heat up too.
July 2, 2006 3:23:07 PM

damn damn damn

my pc almost didnt start anymore
i formatted
after it formatted it copied new files, then it got stuck, i restarted my pc, then suddenly the pc turned off, tried it again, and it wouldnt start anymore
then i got some error message BOOT_edvice or something
and i read in a book that it has to do with my harddisk, so i plugged in some white cord from the power supply instead of the one which was in ( a green one :p )
then it worked
games still dont work better now though
at the beginning good, and getting worse after a half hour to the half fps

i switched my gfx card to the 9800xl, was the same
i put out my 1gb ram, was the same

wtf else can it be? o_0

could it realy be something with the harddisk? becuz games also start slower than they used to, a black screen of 5-10 sec is in most games now before it loads

can i check it somehow? i heard with checkdisk or so =P

AHHHHHHHH FUCKIN 30 FPS
July 3, 2006 6:48:17 AM

these problems seem more motherboard related... Try to get a new one and test your components (RAM, CPU, hard disk) independantly.
July 3, 2006 8:22:35 PM

tnx for the help
but i got no money :p 
July 4, 2006 8:29:35 AM

borrow one...
July 4, 2006 9:05:46 AM

ya, but then i see that it WORKS and then i must buy one anway

ah, mayb i got guarantee still of this mofo pc, then some techniq fool can switch it
July 4, 2006 11:06:37 AM

heres something from 3dmark06
maybe u can help me with this and see any problems here?

[code:1:0ab3846d5c]

SystemInfo version 3.9
Stylesheet version 3.9
CPU Info
Physical Processors 1
Logical Processors 1

CPU 1/1
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Family Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Architecture 32-bit
Internal Clock 3.0 GHz
Internal Clock Maximum 3.0 GHz
External Clock 200.0 MHz
Socket Designation Socket 478
Type Central
Upgrade ZIF Socket
MultiCore 1 Processor Core
HyperThreadingTechnology Available - Disabled
Capabilities MMX, CMov, RDTSC, SSE, SSE2, PAE
Version Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Caches
Level 1 20 KB
Level 2 512 KB

DirectX Info
Version 9.0c
Long Version 4.09.00.0904

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DirectDraw
Version 5.3.0000001.0904
Primary Device RADEON X800 Series (Omega 2.5.90)
Cooperative Adapters false

Display Device 1/1
RADEON X800 Series (Omega 2.5.90) Driver 6.14.10.6490

Description RADEON X800 Series (Omega 2.5.90)
Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc. (Omega 2.5.90)
Total Local Video Memory 254 MB
Total Local Texture Memory 254 MB
AGP Aperture Size 116 MB
Driver File ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version 6.14.10.6490
Driver Details 8.07-040915a-018211E-ATI-OMEGA
Driver Date 9-15-2004
Driver WHQL Certified false
Max Texture Width 2048 px
Max Texture Height 2048 px
Max User Clipping Planes 6
Max Active Hardware Lights 8
Max Texture Blending Stages 8
Fixed Function Textures In Single Pass 8
Vertex Shader Version 2.0
Pixel Shader Version 2.0
Max Vertex Blend Matrices 37
Max Texture Coordinates 8
VGA Memory Clock 499.5 MHz
VGA Core Clock 499.5 MHz
PCI
Name RADEON X800 Series (Omega 2.5.90)
Vendor ID 0x1002
Device ID 0x4a4b
SubSystem ID 0x00021002
Revision ID 0x0000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bus
Type AGP
Revision 3.0
Enabled true
Rate 8
Sideband Addressing Supported
Fast Write Not Supported

Texture Formats
32-bit ARGB [8888]
32-bit RGB [888]
16-bit RGB [565]
16-bit RGB [555]
16-bit ARGB [1555]
16-bit ARGB [4444]
8-bit A [8]
8-bit YUV [800]
16-bit AYUV [8800]
FourCC [UYVY]
FourCC [YUY2]

Capabilities
AGP Texturing, Hardware Transform and Lighting, Positional Lights, Subpixel Accurate Rasterizing, Stencil Buffers, Range Fog, Table Fog, Vertex Fog, W-Fog, Specular Gouraud Shading, Anisotropic Filtering, Bilinear Filtering, Point Sampling, Trilinear Filtering, Additive Texture Blending, Dot3 Texture Blending, Multiplicative Texture Blending, Subtractive Texture Blending, Environmental Bump Mapping, Environmental Bump Mapping With Luminance, Cube Mapping, Factor Alpha Blending, Vertex Alpha Blending, Texture Alpha Blending, Texture Clamping, Texture Mirroring, Texture Wrapping, Guard Band Support, Mipmap LOD Bias Adjustment, Projected Textures, Volume Textures, Point Primitive Support, Full-Screen Anti-Aliasing, Two Sided Stencil Test, Mipmapped Volume Textures, Mipmapped Cube Textures, Spherical Mapping, Automatic Mipmap Generation, Hardware Rasterization, Shading, Transform and Lighting, Scissor Test, Legacy Depth Bias

DirectShow
Version 9.0c
Long Version 4.09.00.0904

Registered DirectShow Filters
.RAM file Parser
AC3 Parser Filter
ACELP.net Sipro Lab Audio Decoder
ACM Wrapper
ASF ACM Handler
ASF DIB Handler
ASF DJPEG Handler
ASF ICM Handler
ASF JPEG Handler
ASF URL Handler
ASF embedded stuff Handler
ASX file Parser
ASX v.2 file Parser
AVI Decompressor
AVI Draw
AVI Splitter
AVI/WAV File Source
BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter
BDA Slip De-Framer
Color Space Converter
DV Muxer
DV Splitter
DV Video Decoder
Default DirectSound Device
Default MidiOut Device
File Source (Async.)
File Source (Netshow URL)
File Source (URL)
File stream renderer
Indeo video 5.03 Decompression Filter
Internal Script Command Renderer
Line 21 Decoder
Line 21 Decoder 2
Lyric Parser
MIDI Parser
MJPEG Decompressor
MPEG Audio Decoder
MPEG Layer-3 Decoder
MPEG Video Decoder
MPEG-2 Demultiplexer
MPEG-2 Sections and Tables
MPEG-2 Splitter
MPEG-I Stream Splitter
Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Decompressor
Microsoft Screen Video Decompressor
Multi-file Parser
NSC file Parser
Overlay Mixer2
QT Decompressor
QuickTime Movie Parser
SAMI (CC) Parser
VBI Surface Allocator
VGA 16 Color Ditherer
Video Port Manager
Video Renderer
WM ASF Reader
WM ASF Writer
WMP CD Filter
WST Decoder
Wave Parser
Windows Media Audio Decoder
Windows Media Multiplexer
Windows Media Pad VU Data Grabber
Windows Media Update Filter
Windows Media Video Decoder
Windows Media source filter
XML Playlist

DirectSound
Version 5.3.0000001.0904
Speaker Configuration Stereo
Speaker Geometry Wide
Primary Device C-Media Wave Device

Sound Device 1/1
C-Media AC97 Audio Device Driver 5.12.1.36

Description C-Media Wave Device
Manufacturer C-Media
Driver File cmuda.sys
Driver Version 5.12.1.36
Driver Date 10-30-2003
Driver WHQL Certified true
Max Supported 3D Hardware Sounds 17
HD Audio Support false
EAX Support Supported
PCI
Name C-Media AC97 Audio Device
Vendor ID 0x8086
Device ID 0x24d5
SubSystem ID 0x01201462
Revision ID 0x0002

Capabilities
Continuous Rate, Primary Buffer with 16-bit Samples, Primary Buffers with 8-bit Samples, Monophonic Primary Buffers, Stereo Primary Buffers, Hardware-mixed Secondary Buffers with 16-bit Samples, Hardware-mixed Secondary Buffers with 8-bit Samples, Hardware-mixed Monophonic Secondary Buffers, Hardware-mixed Stereo Secondary Buffers

Memory Info
Total Physical Memory 1.00 GB
Free Physical Memory 813 MB
Total Pagefile Memory 1.40 GB
Free Pagefile Memory 1.24 GB

Memory Array 1/1
Max Module Capacity 0 B
Supported Speeds -
Supported Types -
Supported Voltages -

Memory Slot 1/4
Installed Enabled Size 128 MB
Form Factor DIMM
Frequency 18.093976000
Slot <conversion error>
Manufacturer <conversion error>
Type Details -
Enabled Size 128 MB
Total Bit Width 64 b
Data Bit Width 64 b
Memory Slot 2/4
Installed Enabled Size 0 B
Form Factor DIMM
Frequency 18.093976000
Slot <conversion error>
Manufacturer <conversion error>
Type Details -
Enabled Size 0 B
Total Bit Width 514 b
Data Bit Width 512 b
Memory Slot 3/4
Frequency 0.0 Hz
Type Details -
Enabled Size 0 B
Total Bit Width 0 b
Data Bit Width 0 b
Memory Slot 4/4
Frequency 0.0 Hz
Type Details -
Enabled Size 0 B
Total Bit Width 0 b
Data Bit Width 0 b

Motherboard Info
Supported Slot Types ISA, PCI, AGP
Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
Model MS-7012
BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies, LTD
BIOS Version IntelR - 42302e31
BIOS Release Date 24/02/04
BIOS Properties Plug and Play, Flash, AGP
AGP
Revision 3.0
Rate 4x, 8x (8x enabled)
Available Rate 0x0000000c
Selected Rate 0x00000008
Aperture Size 128 MB
Sideband Addressing Supported (enabled)
Fast Write Supported (disabled)

PCI Devices
RADEON X800 Series (Omega 2.5.90)
Location PCI-Bus 1, Gert 0, Funktion 0

RADEON X800 Secondary (Omega 2.5.90)
Location PCI-Bus 1, Gert 0, Funktion 1

VIA OHCI-konformer IEEE 1394-Hostcontroller
Manufacturer VIA
Location PCI-Bus 2, Gert 10, Funktion 0

VIA VT6105 Rhine III Fast Ethernet Adapter
Manufacturer VIA Technologies, Inc.
Location PCI-Bus 2, Gert 9, Funktion 0

Multimediacontroller
Location PCI-Bus 2, Gert 2, Funktion 0

Netzwerkcontroller
Location PCI-Bus 2, Gert 0, Funktion 0

PCI-Kommunikationscontroller (einfach)
Location PCI-Bus 2, Gert 4, Funktion 0

Intel(R) 82801 PCI Bridge - 244E
Manufacturer Intel
Location PCI-Bus 0, Gert 30, Funktion 0

Intel(R) 82801EB LPC Interface Controller - 24D0
Manufacturer Intel
Location PCI-Bus 0, Gert 31, Funktion 0

Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2
Manufacturer Intel
Location PCI-Bus 0, Gert 29, Funktion 0

Intel(R) 82801EB SMBus Controller - 24D3
Manufacturer Intel
Location PCI-Bus 0, Gert 31, Funktion 3

Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D4
Manufacturer Intel
Location PCI-Bus 0, Gert 29, Funktion 1

C-Media AC97 Audio Device
Manufacturer C-Media
Location PCI-Bus 0, Gert 31, Funktion 5

Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D7
Manufacturer Intel
Location PCI-Bus 0, Gert 29, Funktion 2

Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers
Manufacturer Intel
Location PCI-Bus 0, Gert 31, Funktion 1

Intel(R) 82801EB USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 24DD
Manufacturer Intel
Location PCI-Bus 0, Gert 29, Funktion 7

Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24DE
Manufacturer Intel
Location PCI-Bus 0, Gert 29, Funktion 3

Intel(R) 82865G/PE/P/GV/82848P Processor to I/O Controller - 2570
Manufacturer Intel
Location PCI-Bus 0, Gert 0, Funktion 0

Intel(R) 82865G/PE/P/GV/82848P Processor to AGP Controller - 2571
Manufacturer Intel
Location PCI-Bus 0, Gert 1, Funktion 0

Card Slots
PCI Slot
Order 1
Designation PCI0
Type PCI
Characteristics 5.0V, PME Signal
Data Bus Width 32 b
Details Available
IRQ 0

PCI Slot
Order 2
Designation PCI1
Type PCI
Data Bus Width 32 b
Details -
IRQ 0

PCI Slot
Order 3
Designation PCI2
Type PCI
Data Bus Width 32 b
Details Available
IRQ 0

PCI Slot
Order 4
Designation PCI3
Type PCI
Data Bus Width 32 b
Details -
IRQ 0

PCI Slot
Order 5
Designation PCI4
Type PCI
Data Bus Width 32 b
Details Available
IRQ 0

PCI Slot
Order 6
Designation PCI5
Type PCI
Data Bus Width 32 b
Details Available
IRQ 0

AGP Slot
Order 0
Designation AGP
Type AGP
Characteristics 5.0V
Data Bus Width 32 b
Details Available
IRQ 0

System Devices
Name Intel(R) 82801 PCI Bridge - 244E
Manufacturer Intel
Name Intel(R) 82801EB LPC Interface Controller - 24D0
Manufacturer Intel

Name Intel(R) 82801EB SMBus Controller - 24D3
Manufacturer Intel
Name Intel(R) 82865G/PE/P/GV/82848P Processor to I/O Controller - 2570
Manufacturer Intel

Name Intel(R) 82865G/PE/P/GV/82848P Processor to AGP Controller - 2571
Manufacturer Intel

USB Devices
Description USB-Root-Hub
Driver Date 7-1-2001
Driver Version 5.1.2600.1106
Device Class Universal Serial Bus Controller
Description USB-Root-Hub
Driver Date 7-1-2001
Description USB-Root-Hub
Driver Date 7-1-2001

Description USB-Root-Hub
Driver Date 7-1-2001
Description USB-Root-Hub
Driver Date 7-1-2001
Description Standard-USB-Hub
Driver Date 7-1-2001
Driver Version 5.1.2600.0

Description USB-Verbundgert
Driver Date 7-1-2001
Description USB-Druckeruntersttzung
Driver Date 7-1-2001
Description USB-Massenspeichergert
Driver Date 7-1-2001

Description Razer Diamond HID
Driver Date 9-14-2004
Driver Version 1.0.0.3
Device Class Human Interface Device

FireWire Devices
Description 1394-Netzwerkadapter
Driver Date 7-1-2001
Driver Version 5.1.2535.0
Device Class Network Adapter

Monitor Info
Monitor 1/1
Name BenQ FP783
Manufacturer BenQ
Max Width 1280 px
Max Height 1024 px

Operating System Info
Name Microsoft Windows XP
Version 5.1.2600
PlatformId 2
Service Pack Service Pack 1 (v1.0)
Suite 768
Product Type 1
Media Center false
Windows Environment 32-bit
Locale DE
Desktop Width 1280 px
Desktop Height 1024 px
Desktop BPP 32 b
Internet Explorer Version 62800.1106
DEP
Hardware Support false
Applications Protected false
Drivers Protected false
User Option Always off

Open Processes
Name PID Memory Usage
3DMark06.exe 1176 18 MB
alg.exe 2012 152 KB
ati2evxx.exe 956 400 KB
ati2evxx.exe 1724 676 KB
csrss.exe 708 2 MB
explorer.exe 1780 8 MB
lsass.exe 792 1 MB
nod32krn.exe 204 6 MB
razerhid.exe 1880 208 KB
razertra.exe 1868 280 KB
rundll32.exe 1860 336 KB
services.exe 780 1 MB
smss.exe 636 44 KB
spoolsv.exe 1492 760 KB
svchost.exe 988 1 MB
svchost.exe 1124 10 MB
svchost.exe 1320 1008 KB
svchost.exe 1340 284 KB
System 4 36 KB
System Idle Process 0 20 KB
winlogon.exe 732 2 MB
wmiprvse.exe 1220 5 MB

Open Applications
3DMark06

Logical Drives
Letter Label Type Capacity Available
C: Hard Disk 73.52 GB 64.64 GB
D: BACKUP Hard Disk 67.70 GB 49.95 GB
E: Floppy 0 B 0 B
F: Floppy 0 B 0 B
G: Floppy 0 B 0 B
H: Floppy 0 B 0 B
I: RECOVER Hard Disk 7.83 GB 7.79 GB
J: CD-ROM 0 B 0 B
K: WKSSTE04 CD-ROM 2.59 GB 0 B
L: CD-ROM 0 B 0 B
M: CD-ROM 0 B 0 B

Storage Devices
Storage Device 1/9
ST3160021A
Device Drive Type Hard Disk
Name ST3160021A
Manufacturer (Standardlaufwerke)
Model ST3160021A
Vendor ID String ST316002
Product ID String ST3160021A
Product Revision String 3.04
Serial Number 3JS0YBTJ
Interface Type IDE
Device Bus Type ATA
Capacity 149.05 GB
Drive Letters C: I:
CD Max Read Speed 0
CD Read Capabilities -
CD Write Capabilities -
DVD Read Capabilities -
DVD Write Capabilities -
SMART Supported (enabled)
Acoustic Management Not Supported

Storage Device 2/9
<unknown>
Name <unknown>
Manufacturer <unknown>
Model <unknown>
Vendor ID String Medion
Product ID String Flash XL MMC/SD
Product Revision String 3.0C
Interface Type <unknown>
Device Bus Type USB
Capacity 0 B
CD Max Read Speed 0
CD Read Capabilities -
CD Write Capabilities -
DVD Read Capabilities -
DVD Write Capabilities -
SMART Not Supported

Storage Device 3/9
<unknown>
Name <unknown>
Manufacturer <unknown>
Model <unknown>
Vendor ID String Medion
Product ID String Flash XL CF
Interface Type <unknown>
Device Bus Type USB
Capacity 0 B
CD Max Read Speed 0
CD Read Capabilities -
CD Write Capabilities -
DVD Read Capabilities -
DVD Write Capabilities -
SMART Not Supported

Storage Device 4/9
<unknown>
Name <unknown>
Manufacturer <unknown>
Model <unknown>
Vendor ID String Medion
Product ID String Flash XL MS
Interface Type <unknown>
Device Bus Type USB
Capacity 0 B
CD Max Read Speed 0
CD Read Capabilities -
CD Write Capabilities -
DVD Read Capabilities -
DVD Write Capabilities -
SMART Not Supported

Storage Device 5/9
<unknown>
Name <unknown>
Manufacturer <unknown>
Model <unknown>
Vendor ID String Medion
Product ID String Flash XL SM
Interface Type <unknown>
Device Bus Type USB
Capacity 0 B
CD Max Read Speed 0
CD Read Capabilities -
CD Write Capabilities -
DVD Read Capabilities -
DVD Write Capabilities -
SMART Not Supported

Storage Device 6/9
<unknown>
Device Drive Type DVD
Name <unknown>
Manufacturer <unknown>
Model <unknown>
Vendor ID String PIONEER
Product ID String PIONEER DVD RW DVR-106D
Product Revision String 1.07
Serial Number CHDC230928WL
Interface Type <unknown>
Device Bus Type ATA
Capacity 0 B
CD Max Read Speed 94
CD Read Capabilities -R, -RW
CD Write Capabilities -R, -RW
DVD Read Capabilities -ROM, -R
DVD Write Capabilities -R
SMART Not Supported

Storage Device 7/9
<unknown>
Device Drive Type DVD
Name <unknown>
Manufacturer <unknown>
Model <unknown>
Vendor ID String SONY
Product ID String SONY DVD-ROM DDU1612
Product Revision String DYS3
Interface Type <unknown>
Device Bus Type ATA
Capacity 0 B
CD Max Read Speed 40
CD Write Capabilities -
DVD Read Capabilities -ROM, -R
DVD Write Capabilities -
SMART Not Supported

Storage Device 8/9
<unknown>
Device Drive Type DVD
Name <unknown>
Manufacturer <unknown>
Model <unknown>
Vendor ID String YC3345N
Product ID String SWC991B
Product Revision String 1.0
Interface Type <unknown>
Device Bus Type SCSI
Capacity 0 B
CD Max Read Speed 32
CD Write Capabilities -
DVD Read Capabilities -ROM, -R, -RAM
DVD Write Capabilities -
SMART Not Supported

Storage Device 9/9
<unknown>
Device Drive Type DVD
Name <unknown>
Manufacturer <unknown>
Model <unknown>
Vendor ID String YC3345N
Product ID String SWC991B
Product Revision String 1.0
Interface Type <unknown>
Device Bus Type SCSI
Capacity 0 B
CD Max Read Speed 32
CD Write Capabilities -
DVD Read Capabilities -ROM, -R, -RAM
DVD Write Capabilities -
SMART Not Supported

[/code:1:0ab3846d5c]

EDIT. i just ran 3dmark06
at the CPU test it was 0 FPS all time and then the pc shut down
i wanted to reboot, then it started for 2 seconds, shut down again

had to w8 some minutes until i could go to windows again
and the cpu was fuckin hot
i think now we got my problem

what i wonder too is, in the list i posted b4 it says hyper thread technologoy is available but disabled, i enabled it in bios though
July 7, 2006 7:19:42 AM

ok tnx all
problem is solved

there was a ton of dust in the cpu cooler =p
now im getting 300 fps :p 
July 7, 2006 8:01:29 AM

told you so...

It is good manners to check your system every 3-4 months to ensure there isn't too much dust in it and to clean it if there is. Not only does it keep it cooler, it reduces the risks of power leakages leading to instability, crashes, reduced component life, noisy fans..

Oh, and a clean system definitely looks better than a dusty one :p 
!