Sign in with
Your question

Audigy Compatibilty Issues.

Last response: in Components
June 22, 2006 4:54:38 PM

Hi,

I built my computer about a year ago. I've an nforce4 A8N SLI Deluxe mobo and upon building it I had a bunch of compatibility issues with some stuff. The computer techs at the store had to unplug one of my optical drives (an old cd-reader) and my Creative Audigy card stopped working (CTLTray error, says to reinstall soundcard.) This was awhile ago and have been using onboard sound since but I just got new speakers and it just sounds like junk to what the Audigy can produce.

Any help/links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.
-AP
June 24, 2006 7:34:07 PM

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you looking to fix the Audigy issue or upgrade to another card?
June 25, 2006 7:36:20 PM

Ah, sorry.

I was looking for a fix to my current issue (if there is one) so I didnt have to buy a new soundcard (going to invest in silencing my p.c.)

Thanks.
Related resources
June 26, 2006 4:17:19 PM

I've tried putting it in a bunch of PCI slots, and each time i boot up I get two boxes that open (CTLTray and something else) that say the soundcard was not properly installed....

Does this mean that it know it's there or is it just fried? Trying to update the creative drivers tells me that they cannot find any creative audigy on my system.
June 27, 2006 12:59:41 AM

Hey guys, I got it to work (it was essentially a little bit of everything), changed pci-slots, double checked it in another computer, screwed with bios and found some obscure audigy driver.

Thanks for all the help!
June 27, 2006 8:32:47 AM

That's awesome. You said obscure Audigy driver. Kx?
!